• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Tyranitar-Gengar Deck.

Baldnitrome2

Data Error
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 2 Inkay AOR 45
* 2 Malamar AOR 46
* 1 Tyranitar FAC 56
* 1 Tyranitar PR-XY XY130
* 1 Larvitar FAC 41
* 1 Larvitar FAC 40
* 2 Pupitar FAC 42
* 1 Gastly GEN 33
* 1 Haunter GEN 34
* 1 Gengar GEN 35
* 1 Jirachi GEN 113
* 1 Spoink FAC 30
* 1 Grumpig FAC 31

##Trainer Cards - 20

* 1 Evosoda GEN 62
* 1 Wally GEN 127
* 1 Chaos Tower FAC 94
* 2 Pokémon Center Lady GEN 68
* 1 Maintenance GEN 64
* 1 Great Ball BKP 100
* 1 Energy Switch GEN 61
* 2 Potion BKP 106
* 1 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 Red Card GEN 71
* 2 Shauna FAC 111
* 2 Tierno BKP 112
* 1 N FAC 105
* 1 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 1 Energy Pouch FAC 97

##Energy - 24

* 16 Darkness Energy Energy 7
* 1 Dangerous Energy AOR 82
* 7 Psychic Energy Energy 5

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I saw this, my deck, lose a lot of times, i was checking the most Popular decks and i noticed I´m very weak against Psychic Infinity deck.

Hope I get help
-Baldnitrome2

thom ye

Aspiring Trainer
pick you primary pokemon. which 5 or 6 or your most important.
then use x3 of each. put away the other pokemon for now.

ADD x3 Sycamore. make it x3 Shauna and x3 N.
x3 Ultraball. dump PCL and Tierno.
increase max elixir.

lower your energy count to approx. 10.

then lets see what your deck list looks like.

to win more, you need to have LESS variety in your cards.
you need to Sycamore/Shauna/N EACH turn.

Baldnitrome2

Data Error
Thats fine and all but what exactly do you want it to do? You have a lot going on so I don't know what you want to do with this list
The decklist is the cards that currently are in my deck. Most cards, like Grumpig are not going well in this deck. Currently Ttar Lines Works well, but needs some energy acceleration, like Darkrai. Gengar line also works well. but it have troubles when a recov. card, like Pokémon Center Lady or Potion is played on the Active Pokémon. The point is to help me making a better deck. I heared that i can lower the variety of trainer cards and Use more N, Shauna, and x3 Sycamore. I dumped Grumpig line and 2 (D) Energy.
-Baldnitrome2

pick you primary pokemon. which 5 or 6 or your most important.
then use x3 of each. put away the other pokemon for now.
What do you refer?
To make 5 or 6 Pokémon lines?

Last edited by a moderator:

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I'm not sure how to work on that list. Tyranatar just wants to do huge damage but I put together a list using M Tyranatar-EX that you may like. Don't worry about not having all the cards or being able to get them, it's just something to work towards.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 4 Tyranitar-EX AOR 91
* 3 M Tyranitar-EX AOR 92
* 2 Yveltal GEN 116
* 2 Hoopa STS 51
* 1 Hoopa-EX AOR 89

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 3 Mega Turbo ROS 86
* 2 Heavy Boots BKT 141
* 1 Olympia GEN 66
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 2 Special Charge STS 105
* 2 N NVI 101
* 3 Tyranitar Spirit Link AOR 81
* 2 Lysandre FLF 104
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Team Magma's Secret Base DCR 32
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 14

* 4 Dangerous Energy AOR 82
* 6 Darkness Energy Energy 7
* 4 Double Colorless Energy XY 130

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Asmer

Keep the High Tide on the Flipside
It seems you are in need of a full structured example of what a solid Pokemon deck looks like. In that regard, the list above is a good start. Typically, you will want a small amount of overall Pokemon, a large amount of Trainer/Supporters (typically more Trainers and, as a general, the Community agrees that 4 Ultra Ball and 4 VS Seeker are mandatory in most decks), and, like the number of Pokemon, a smaller amount of Energy cards. After that, and this seems to be the issue with this thread as a whole, there seems to be a miscommunication as to what you want to "do" with your deck as a whole. What does this mean, exactly? Well... When people are asking you this question, they want to know, "What are you trying to accomplish and play during the game itself? For example, do you want to play a deck that is centered around annoying Pokemon that simply cannot be touched by other Pokemon? Are you trying to set up some sort of combo that, once set up, will Knock Out everything? Are you building some form of Troll deck that mills your opponent out?". The reason this is an important question is because, quite frankly, it's VERY hard to help someone who is lacking direction when it comes to card games specifically.

That is why the suggestion of picking a favorite Pokemon or picking a Pokemon "line" that you like (whether effect-wise or whatever you desire) is used so often and was used here (in variance) by @thom ye . If you are simply asking for a deck structure that is full of consistency and is something that you can toss anything in to... I'm afraid that you will quickly learn that there is no such thing. If you are having issues with certain "techs" (cards put in as surprise factors or when space is available) like Pokemon Center Lady and you want an answer... Well, this game doesn't quite work that way, but certain cards and established decks do have other cards that do very well against them. That, however, requires research and time to understand an utilize to your advantage.

I know this isn't a direct list to help you get started, but in all honesty, the best way you will start any card game is to have an idea of what you would like to play first. Any deck can be built, no matter how good or bad and so long as there are the cards for it, but you still have to know what that deck is before you can build it.

Take care, and let us know when you have that idea. We will be more than happy to help!

-Asmer

thom ye

Aspiring Trainer
Asmer. well said.

many times. especially for newer players.... I tell them don't worry as much about winning or losing (at first)
you need to play your deck many many times to learn how it plays/runs.
which each game, see what your opponent is doing.
are they playing more supporters per turn. accelerating energy faster. etc...
which each game. look at your deck and think about what is good or what can be taken out.
are you having a hard time getting your pokemon in play? (= ultra ball, level ball, hoopa, ....).
is your turn much shorter than your opponent (= more draw support, like sycamore or N).
which each game... your game play should improve. and if you tweak/edit your deck, even by 1 carda game.
it will slowly get better. you will gain more experience in how to play and strategy. don't worry about win/lose.
and....
if you can get a typical top tier deck built or ask someone to let you play their deck.
you can see the difference.
good luck. and keep playing.