• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Typhlosion

fr33land

Weak competitive trainer.
Okay.
Love Typhlosion. had an awesome deck before battle compressor rotated, standard kind of sucks IMO, but I am trying g to experience a new format since there are
is room for so many decks when seismitoad is not around, and a few others.
As a basis I am spit balling a deck with only 4 of a kind basically to test the theory, please help me refine the basic into the expert .

4 talon flame
4 cyndaquil
2 quilt a
3 typhlosion

4 trainer's mail
4 level ball
4 ultra ball
4 scorched earth
3 sycamore
3 N
4 energy recyclers
4 rare candy
4 skyla

13 fire energy

Okay, what can I Cut?
I want brigette for a better start, probably 2
I want things that can dig for rare candy and energy recycker like trainer's mail and possibly Misty's determination.
The problem is digging for essentials with a stupid amount of energy, energy count must be higher, so I have to cut for energy, but I will not run more than 20 and the trainer cards have to be able to find cards without drawing into a mitt full of energy.
Setup is impossible with more than 14 or 15 energy, the idea is to think your deck on t1 or t2 to a point where you need to run energy recyclers to power up a massive eruption . getting set up with 15+ energy is impossible .
My old deck ran shaymin and battle compressor and used flare destroy early game, then used energy recyclers to power massive eruption. I could easily thin my deck to 12 -15 cards in 2 turns, but was beaten by faster decks like Mr Ray, who could power up despite flare destroy . the burn your deck, recycle, then attack with massive eruption was very reliable in terms of results for damage, you just needed ways to cherry pick recyclers from your deck before you went haywire.
Any Advice?
Realistically I need super rod, which I don't know if it is stanDard, or Brock, or sacred ash. . .super rod would be best, that was a problem with my old deck easy discarding typhlosion mid to late game and not being able to recover them easily.

Maybe
-1 LEVEL BALL,
+1 super rod
-1 RECYCLERS
+1BRIGETTE
-1 scorched
+1 energy

Last edited:
Back