• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

typhlosion not prime

mosherstomper

99 problems but luxchomp aint one
3-2-3 typhlosion not prime
2-1-2 exploud
2-2 heatran x
3 torkoal pl

4 level max
4 candy
3 belt
2 bts
4 bebe
3 poke comm
3 premier ball
2 switch
2 warp
1 lux ball

12 {R} (for the record they're all reverse holo)

I want to start with torkoal for fast set up and easy burn damage. Then set up heatran level x to keep the burn going. I need the 4 lev max's because they're flippy. This is also what all the switch and warp points are for. At that point torkoal is burning everything. Set set up typhlosion and swing for 120 for 3 energy, with no drawback. Exploud gives me no weakness so gyrados and kingdra prime can cry about it somewhere.

I run a lot more trainers so I can do more per turn, vilelock doesn't worry me as much cause well I'm running a fire deck.
I like running a lot of the same card so I can do exactly what I want to do, and then bebes the spares or communicate the extra pokemon.

I am worried about draw power tho and not being able to get the energies. Id like to add interviewers questions and maybe a lookers or judge but I'm not sure where.

Also blaziken fb instead of torkoal maybe? As i of right now I don't have blaziken but I'm not sure if he would be better.

He's a basic with decent hp that can attack anf burn first turn to stall. Then heatran that I'm running a heatran that does the same thing I'm actually thinking of cutting the torkoal and running 3-1 heatran.

It's supurbly flippy. If you're gonna run Torkoal, run Torkoal LA. It protects yer bench, and can burn/paralyze. For heatran, you do need the Level Max, so good thinking on that one. It also would help to run prob 2 Warp Point AND 2 Switch, because contrary to what people say, sometimes you don't want to switch out the opponent so switch can be useful too. I know a LOT about burn, trust me. Check out my Blazideath deck and maybe you can help me also.

Yea I'm already running 2 warp and 2 switch I agree completely about not wanting them to switch always. I was looking for something that burned to abuse heatran x's other power but that was before I found the regular heatran that burns. Way better than torkoal and. Its less clutter in my deck. Plus if I start with heatran active I don't have to worry about lv max not working.
My other option was blaziken fb for lure flame, but now that I have the other heatran blaziken just seems like clutter to.

Ech. You REALLY shouldn't be attacking with Heatran EVER if you can help it. It's a very poor attacker and should be a bench dweller most of it's natural born life. Best burning card IMO is Blaziken PL(go figure, I'm biased lol). You can burn from the bench, activating Heatran's ability. When you Fire Spin, you can also get your discarded energies back as well! It works both ways. I'd also drop your Exploud line to a 1-0-1 or a 1-1-1 since you won't/shouldn't be attacking with it. If you needed more convincing on whether to use Blaziken PL or not listen to this. If you do decide to use it, add in some DCE, and if for whatever reason, Exploud is dragged active, you can use the DCE to attack with him as well!

For some reason, this deck just looks superbly inconsistent. There's no way to get a multitude of Basics and no drawpower at all. This is probably a basic line of what I would try to do with this deck.

4-2-2/2 Typhlosion HGSS (2 Prime)
2-2 Ninetales HGSS
2-2 Heatran Lv.X
1-0-1 Exploud
2 Uxie
1 Azelf

3 Collector
4 Bebe's
4 Communication
3 Warp
2/3 Belt
4 Candy
2/3 BTS
1 Premier Ball
1 Luxury Ball

Rest Fire

Something like that would be a LOT more consistent in starts and be able to charge up just as fast without relying on flips from Level Max (which can really make or break a match...).

dmaster out.

That's what I was really worried about witht this deck, consistancy and speed. I was hoping to slow my opponent down with burn, but it was a long shot.
This looks a lot better than my list thank you.

I'm still worried about it being fast enough. But I'm going to test play it soon.

Back