~Twilight~

Who's your favorite vampire??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Electro-sama said:
Paper PokeMaster said:
Krucifier said:
In this thread: 11 year old religious kids who think they are better than everyone else trying to force their biased, one sided republican views onto the rest of us.

I am not 11 or religious, and I (no offense to Twilight fans) think the books are wierd. But, it's mainly because most of the girls at school think they're "going out with a vampire" and other things like that. These girls are 13-15 years old. You'd think they'd be able to tell the difference between reality and fiction. I am not trying to offend Twilight fans at all!
I second to that, Paper. (I am neither 11, nor very religious either.) Virtually every girl in my school, ranging from freshmen to seniors, read or have read the Twilight series. (And believe that they are dating a vampire named Edward or whatever-his-name-is.) My MOM even reads them. Personally, I dislike vampires. Their mythological being (this does not include people with naturally elongated canines.) has changed. What happened to the capes, fear of garlic and crosses, inability to see themselves in the mirror, the ability to transmorph into a bat, and dislike of sunlight? Judging from the numerous commercials that used to be on T.V., I saw none of this. And since when do vampires have inhuman strength(vampire-boy stopped a car flying at a speed of 30 or above from hitting his little human girlfriend. WITH ONE HAND. Impossible? Not for vampires, apparently.), inhuman speed, and can jump 20 feet into the air? I heard the movie was overrated. (But then again, most books that are made into movies are.) And, well, I don't really care if this offends Twilight fans at all. But, TWILIGHT SUCKS!!!

My Twilight rant is over. I'm out.

I agree. TWILIGHT SUCKS!!!
At first I thought it was okay, but then it got a little weird when everyone started to buy so much Twilight stuff. It got creepy with dressing like vampires and wearing fake teeth. Everywhere. It was completely scary when people started to talk about dating the characters and guys(well at least this one kid in school I hate) got way to into it. The guy spent over $70 for a binder of Twilight trading cards. *facepalm*
Actually he bought like 3 of them. Each $70-$100. :/
It must be great to be rich.

I really hate that guy.

This movie/book has destroyed everything about vampires that was cool(although I really didn't care for vampires in the first place). For one thing, shouldn't vampires die in sun light, not sparkle and look....well I don't think I could say that here. The super strength would have been a cool thing to add to vampire powers, but to bad this series was the one that used it.

CrazyAipom said:
Electro-sama said:
Paper PokeMaster said:
Krucifier said:
In this thread: 11 year old religious kids who think they are better than everyone else trying to force their biased, one sided republican views onto the rest of us.

I am not 11 or religious, and I (no offense to Twilight fans) think the books are wierd. But, it's mainly because most of the girls at school think they're "going out with a vampire" and other things like that. These girls are 13-15 years old. You'd think they'd be able to tell the difference between reality and fiction. I am not trying to offend Twilight fans at all!
I second to that, Paper. (I am neither 11, nor very religious either.) Virtually every girl in my school, ranging from freshmen to seniors, read or have read the Twilight series. (And believe that they are dating a vampire named Edward or whatever-his-name-is.) My MOM even reads them. Personally, I dislike vampires. Their mythological being (this does not include people with naturally elongated canines.) has changed. What happened to the capes, fear of garlic and crosses, inability to see themselves in the mirror, the ability to transmorph into a bat, and dislike of sunlight? Judging from the numerous commercials that used to be on T.V., I saw none of this. And since when do vampires have inhuman strength(vampire-boy stopped a car flying at a speed of 30 or above from hitting his little human girlfriend. WITH ONE HAND. Impossible? Not for vampires, apparently.), inhuman speed, and can jump 20 feet into the air? I heard the movie was overrated. (But then again, most books that are made into movies are.) And, well, I don't really care if this offends Twilight fans at all. But, TWILIGHT SUCKS!!!

At first I thought it was okay, but then it got a little weird when everyone started to buy so much Twilight stuff. It got creepy with dressing like vampires and wearing fake teeth. Everywhere. It was completely scary when people started to talk about dating the characters and guys(well at least this one kid in school I hate) got way to into it. The guy spent over $70 for a binder of Twilight trading cards. *sigh*

I really hate that guy.

This movie/book has destroyed everything about vampires that was cool(although I really didn't care for vampires in the first place). For one thing, shouldn't vampires die in sun light, not sparkle and look...well I don't think I could say that here. The super strength would have been a cool thing to add to vampire powers, but to bad this series was the one that used it.

You and Electro-Sama should read Chibi Vampire (the Manga) It's an actually good vampire story.

CrazyAipom said:
Electro-sama said:
Paper PokeMaster said:
Krucifier said:

At first I thought it was okay, but then it got a little weird when everyone started to buy so much Twilight stuff. It got creepy with dressing like vampires and wearing fake teeth. Everywhere. It was completely scary when people started to talk about dating the characters and guys(well at least this one kid in school I hate) got way to into it. The guy spent over $70 for a binder of Twilight trading cards. *facepalm*

I really hate that guy.

This movie/book has destroyed everything about vampires that was cool(although I really didn't care for vampires in the first place). For one thing, shouldn't vampires die in sun light, not sparkle and look...well I don't think I could say that here. The super strength would have been a cool thing to add to vampire powers, but to bad this series was the one that used it.

They have a Twilight trading card game? Pfft. That's stupid.

I hate a lot of things about Twilight but I also like some things about it.

The person who you describe sounds like a girl in my class who likes Naruto too much. I hate her. A lot. "Sasuke-kun is sooo cool. Blah bloo blee BLAH." GAH! It's so annoying!

DiamondMaster said:
The person who you describe sounds like a girl in my class who likes Naruto too much. I hate her. A lot. "Sasuke-kun is sooo cool. Blah bloo blee BLAH." GAH! It's so annoying!

Heh, no kidding. A friend of mine has the same attitude about Naruto and she's 22. They don't grow out of it. I used to like Naruto some (before it came to America), but the fans killed it for me.

As for Twilight, it's not anything I like. The writing is sub-par (in my opinion), and the plot leaves a lot to be desired. It's an okay book to read for fun maybe, but in no way does it deserve the rabid worship it gets, and Meyer is no literary genius.

I'll stick to Twain, Dickens (A Tale of Two Cities is awesome), Anne Rice, Poe and Stephen King.
Just my opinion though. If you enjoy Twilight, then read it, but don't smear it in everyone's faces.

Me, I haven't read the books. IMO there's a lot of things more worth reading. So, I can't say if the books themselves are good or bad.

But all this obsessing over the characters is almost unbelievably stupid. All sorts of people have crushes on fictional characters, and I don't get it, but there's nothing wrong with it really. Just keep it to yourself, please. I don't want to hear about your inner fantasies, at least not until they're vaguely original.

Keep in mind my opinion is based solely on what I've heard from my friend. She's just the kind of moron Twilight is made for, and it could be that she told me all the stupid parts of the series and none of the better parts.

Well, Twilight is a bit overrated. Most of the readers are girls, and when they read it, they seem to get addicted to it. They always shout when they hear the word "Vampire" and they always talk about Edward Cullen and they don't care about other characters (Except for Bella.).

You see, my girly classmates (Including some boys.) are always talking about Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, so I kept insulting them about it. One day, I was listening to them, and I was fascinated by their words. So, I made a deal with them, I'll read the first book and finish it, then I won't insult them IF I liked it (You see, in my class, I was considered a bookworm, so they always ask me what good books to buy, and for me to review the book they want, since my class trusts me in picking books.). I borrowed a book from them, and started to read it at home. I was fascinated by it, so I didn't insult them anymore.

When I borrowed Eclipse, I didn't dare read it anymore. Here's the story:
I was reading Eclipse inside Starbucks, drinking my venti joyfully while scanning the pages of Eclipse. While I was reading, a group of girls who was sitting near the counter was eyeing me (I thought they were checking me out.), I put the book down, and inserted my bookmark, and conitnued to drink my venti while looking "cool". But, I noticed they were laughing, so I looked at my face in the mirror, there was nothing wrong. So, I went to the bathroom and checked my clothes, and again, there was nothing wrong. So, I went back to my table, and saw a sticky note sticking from my book. The writing on the sticky note was not legible, but I understood it.

It said:
"Hey dude, are you a homo? Why are you reading Twilight? It's only for girls. Come on, if you're ghey.

EW.

P.S: Stop looking cool, you are still ghey.

o_O, it stunned me, I was embarrased eventhough they left. Since then, I didn't dare talk about Twilight or anything about it with other people. After some time, I saw 3 boys sitting together in a restaurant (They were about 23-26.). They were reading Twilight. Then, I saw a group of boys, laughing at them. So I was eyeing the readers. And, when they finished eating, I noticed a boy wearing heels, I gasped, because they were ghey.

P.S: I finished the book, but I didn't dare read it outside.

Meh, to sum it up. If you like Twilight, then it's your business. It's not the other's right to insult you. I learned that the hard way. And, if you see a girl eyeing you, look COOL :p.

I like the series. I haven't read the forth one yet but I think it's a good series. My favorite vampire is Esme.:D

I'm actually suprised they kept to the book so well in the movie. I can't wait for the following movies to come. I better get reading the series too. Heh.

dmaster out.

I don't like Twilight. Period.

At first, when I heard about the title of the movie.

I thought it was going to be the remake of the Twilight Zone series.

I want Twilight Zone!​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back