• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Twilight Princess (Espeon/Sun/Moon)

AlphaVoxel

Definitely still in development...
Forum Mod
What's up PokeBeach!? I am back with another deck, but this time, I actually built/tested it first... :)

Here is the list:

[Pokemon]: 17
3x Espeon-GX
3x Eevee
2x Solgaleo-GX
1x Lunala-GX
2x Cosmoem
3x Cosmog
1x Wobbuffet
2x Talonflame

[Supporters]: 14
2x Professor Sycamore
1x Professor Kukui
2x Lillie
2x Lysandre
2x N
2x Skyla
1x Teammates
1x Pokemon Ranger
1x Brock’s Grit

[Items]: 13
3x Ultra Ball
2x Timer Ball
1x Professor’s Letter
3x VS Seeker
3x Rare Candy
1x Escape Rope
2x Float Stone

[Energy]: 14
3x Double Colorless Energy
3x Rainbow Energy
2x Metal Energy
6x Psychic Energy

So, I have had a fair bit of fun with this deck, as I like how well I can get certain parts set up, and how versatile I have found it.

From what I have found, Espeon is the main attacker, with Solgaleo as backup, and Lunala as a bit of tech. From my early testing, I have found that it is rather hard to draw into what I need, so I included the Talonflame for the extra draw power, and changed a few of the draw supporters. Solgaleo has been very nice in getting Energy out onto the field, and it funtions well as a backup attacker when neccessary. I have a Wobbuffet included as Tech/backup to mostly use against ability-heavy decks (Decidueye mostly, but anything else will work).

I would like to note that, by no means is this deck meant to be top-tier/competitive. I built this for fun, and I have liked using it in my early tests.

So, that's it! As I have said above, I had no intention of making a super competitive deck when I built this, so please try not to be super critical of things. I am, however, open to any suggestions you may have, as I would really like to make this a bit more playable. However, as a personal request, do not suggest putting Shaymin in this! It is a pet peeve of mine when people suggest getting Shaymin or other expensive cards. I do not have the money for these, nor do I ever plan on purchasing them unless they get a lot cheaper (Like, $20 each, cheaper).

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this (if you made it this far... :p)! It means a lot!

Thanks,
-AV

What's up PokeBeach!? I am back with another deck, but this time, I actually built/tested it first... :)

Here is the list:

[Pokemon]: 17
3x Espeon-GX
3x Eevee
2x Solgaleo-GX
1x Lunala-GX
2x Cosmoem
3x Cosmog
1x Wobbuffet
2x Talonflame

[Supporters]: 14
2x Professor Sycamore
1x Professor Kukui
2x Lillie
2x Lysandre
2x N
2x Skyla
1x Teammates
1x Pokemon Ranger
1x Brock’s Grit

[Items]: 13
3x Ultra Ball
2x Timer Ball
1x Professor’s Letter
3x VS Seeker
3x Rare Candy
1x Escape Rope
2x Float Stone

[Energy]: 14
3x Double Colorless Energy
3x Rainbow Energy
2x Metal Energy
6x Psychic Energy

So, I have had a fair bit of fun with this deck, as I like how well I can get certain parts set up, and how versatile I have found it.

From what I have found, Espeon is the main attacker, with Solgaleo as backup, and Lunala as a bit of tech. From my early testing, I have found that it is rather hard to draw into what I need, so I included the Talonflame for the extra draw power, and changed a few of the draw supporters. Solgaleo has been very nice in getting Energy out onto the field, and it funtions well as a backup attacker when neccessary. I have a Wobbuffet included as Tech/backup to mostly use against ability-heavy decks (Decidueye mostly, but anything else will work).

I would like to note that, by no means is this deck meant to be top-tier/competitive. I built this for fun, and I have liked using it in my early tests.

So, that's it! As I have said above, I had no intention of making a super competitive deck when I built this, so please try not to be super critical of things. I am, however, open to any suggestions you may have, as I would really like to make this a bit more playable. However, as a personal request, do not suggest putting Shaymin in this! It is a pet peeve of mine when people suggest getting Shaymin or other expensive cards. I do not have the money for these, nor do I ever plan on purchasing them unless they get a lot cheaper (Like, $20 each, cheaper).

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this (if you made it this far... :p)! It means a lot!

Thanks,
-AV

I like the idea of this deck as I to have been trying to make Espeon GX work with Lunala. Have you played this deck much and if so, what is the win/loss ratio? Also, have you thought about adding MewTwo EX with Shatter Shot? I have a deck with that card and using rainbow energy plus Psychic can really do some damage.

I also agree with your Shaymin peeve. I cannot afford that card either and with rotation coming up, I don't want to even try to invest the money. I think Lillie can be a viable replacement, without prize card penalty. I am trying to build decks on a budget for me and my son, so any ideas are always welcome.

I like the idea of this deck as I to have been trying to make Espeon GX work with Lunala. Have you played this deck much and if so, what is the win/loss ratio? Also, have you thought about adding MewTwo EX with Shatter Shot? I have a deck with that card and using rainbow energy plus Psychic can really do some damage.

I also agree with your Shaymin peeve. I cannot afford that card either and with rotation coming up, I don't want to even try to invest the money. I think Lillie can be a viable replacement, without prize card penalty. I am trying to build decks on a budget for me and my son, so any ideas are always welcome.

Hey, thanks for the post! I haven't played much with it yet, due to the fact that my local leagues are on Thursday and Saturday, but I have played against my younger brother a few times, and won fairly quickly (He couldn't get set up, so the first battle I beat him in 3 turns w/Espeon, second battle I beat home first turn with Talonflame and Kukui... XD). From some "testing" I did (sitting on the floor by myself figuring out how to set up quickly), I have found that it works fairly well, though as I said I haven't done much actual testing. One thing I did though is to:

-1x Double Colorless Energy
-1x Escape Rope

+1x Special Charge
+1x Yveltal EX

I added the Special Charge because of the fact that the Rainbow Energy are very nice to keep in play, and if the get discarded, I can get them back. I added the Yveltal mostly because it's what I had, and I like the damage output. I honestly would have liked to put in a Shatter Shot Mewtwo, but I don't own one, and don't have sufficient funds to purchase one. I would love to replace the Yveltal with a Lugia, but I don't have the money.

If you have any questions about budget decks, please, feel free to ask!

Last edited:
Not so sure about the Talonflame since you have only 2. I may make the changes you did and also add Yveltal, subtracting the Talonflame. I have found that unless you run 4, its hit or miss, mostly miss, that they will start on first draw. However, having those to discard with Ultra Ball to get something is cool too. If I do remove the Talonflame, other than adding Yveltal, I may add another rainbow.

Kevin

Hey, thanks for the post! I haven't played much with it yet, due to the fact that my local leagues are on Thursday and Saturday, but I have played against my younger brother a few times, and won fairly quickly (He couldn't get set up, so the first battle I beat him in 3 turns w/Espeon, second battle I beat home first turn with Talonflame and Kukui... XD). From some "testing" I did (sitting on the floor by myself figuring out how to set up quickly), I have found that it works fairly well, though as I said I haven't done much actual testing. One thing I did though is to:

-1x Double Colorless Energy
-1x Wobbuffet

+1x Special Charge
+1x Yveltal EX

I added the Special Charge because of the fact that the Rainbow Energy are very nice to keep in play, and if the get discarded, I can get them back. I added the Yveltal mostly because it's what I had, and I like the damage output. I honestly would have liked to put in a Shatter Shot Mewtwo, but I don't own one, and don't have sufficient funds to purchase one. I would love to replace the Yveltal with a Lugia, but I don't have the money.

If you have any questions about budget decks, please, feel free to ask!

Thought about this as well. Maybe adding Fairy Drop to heal those with Rainbow energy attached.

This might just be me thinking out loud, but I would consider keeping the Talonflame unless you want to add a few more draw supporters. And once again, just my random thoughts, but I am considering teching in the Shaymin EX promo from the generations elite trainer box, which would eliminate the need for the Fairy Drop, as it is reusable. I have seen people that play Rainbow Road use it a lot, especially with Rainbow Energy. And with the float stones, it is a bit more viable. I might end up taking out the DCEs, but I don't know yet.

Back