• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Turbo Passimian/Mew

godhe

Aspiring Trainer
I have been testing an Expanded Passimian/Mew and finding out it could potentionaly be a deck very much worth playing. I am currently running this version of the deck with decent success online:

Pokémon - 11
* 3 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Diancie {*} FLI 74
* 4 Passimian SUM 73
* 3 Mew FCO 29

Trainer Cards - 44
* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 4 Bursting Balloon BKP 97
* 2 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 4 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Teammates PRC 141
* 3 N FCO 105
* 1 Gladion CIN 95
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Special Charge STS 105
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Colress PLS 118
* 2 Counter Catcher CIN 91
* 3 Sky Field ROS 89
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 5
* 1 Counter Energy CIN 100
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Its main advantage is its set up and tempo. It is most likely the fastest deck you could play in the format as it needs only one Energy attachement and benching couple of Passimians for attacking. With a ton of draw support, five "Balls" and a Brooklet Hill, this is barely a problem.
Your damage output is limited, but, as I will mention next, you can hit fast and usually enough. With 4 Passimian on the Bench, your Mew is dealing 130(+30 with Choice Band), which is sufficient to OHKO plethora of non-GX Pokémon; with your super fast set up, this will shredd or severely damage the early game of many slower decks, giving you the upper hand from the beginning of a game. And 2HKOing GX's for 2 Prizes, while being super annoying with Bursting Balloons and 1-Prized attackers is often a fair trade too.
Where the deck really shines, though, are its current meta match-ups. If you add Weakness to the mix, the deck becomes nearly unstoppable. And Weakness is something you cannot forget, when talking about Fighting and Psychic Pokémon. Most notable is of course the prevalent Zoroark-GX, but there are many others: Dark, Lightning, Psychic and Fighting Pokémon all get hit double and from my experience become a joke for this deck.
Although this everything is a lot of praise and while it has many advantages, the deck absolutely has its weaknesses. Being reliant on only Passimian as your source of damage and a DCE as your Energy, getting some of your pieces Prized can result in an instant loss (and though Gladion is here to help at least a bit, it usually cannot fully save the game). And the other disadvantage is your source of tempo - Item cards and Shaymin-EX. Item locks are extremely tough to impossible to beat (especially Seismitoad, which you need to 2HKO at best) and Shaymins on your Bench can become an amazing source of Prize Cards for you opponent.

Some card chioces:
* 1 Diancie {*} FLI 74 - When using a Passimian to attack (mostly against Fighting Weak opponent), Diancie acts as a "small Passimian". Especially useful against Zoroark-GX, when it can substitute for a Choice Band or one Passimian, for getting OHKO's.
* 4 Bursting Balloon BKP 97 - B. Balloon can put the opponent into situations, when attacking your active Pokémon results into weakening his or her Pokémon enough to be in the 130(+30) OHKO range, but they can act as a useful toy for discards or more card-draw with Shaymin-EX.
* 2 Brooklet Hill GRI 120 - Besides the obvious Passimian search, B. Hill is very useful at getting rid of your benched Shaymins (by discarding your own Sky Field).
* 1 Counter Energy CIN 100 - It has some potential as a DCE substitution. I have found 4 DCE with 2 Special Charges to be enough on itself, but I can see one more Counter Energy getting into the list.

Conclusion:
PROS
*One of the fastest decks in the format (if not the fastest)
*Great match-ups (and Weakness hitting)
*Can be budget friendly (Computer Search is powerful but not crucial and can be substituted; then, Shaymin-EX is the most expensive card)

CONS
*Can loose to itself by bad Prizes
*Item lock decks will probably have a lot of fun laughing at your unplayable deck

Tell me what do you all think about Passimian in Expanded or my deck in particular. What would you improve?

Add 2 buzzwole, beast energy, and 3 fighting energy
-2 counter catcher
-1 skyfield
-1 rescue strecher
-1 special charge
-1 cynthia
Buzz activates a second attacker, and is just an add in all fighting decks. fighting energy allows you to use Passimian first attack to kill anything without much HP that took refuge on the bench

Add 2 buzzwole, beast energy, and 3 fighting energy
-2 counter catcher
-1 skyfield
-1 rescue strecher
-1 special charge
-1 cynthia
Buzz activates a second attacker, and is just an add in all fighting decks. fighting energy allows you to use Passimian first attack to kill anything without much HP that took refuge on the bench
My idea was to make an only Passimian deck without any "distractions". What you suggest is not necessarily a worst, but a different approach to the deck. It is an interesting idea and I might definitely try that out, so thanks for that.
Where I disagree a lot though are the cards you removed from the list, in parcticular the Counter Catchers, which are essential to the deck and have won me many games, and the Sky Field, especially that you are putting more Pokémon into the deck.

Ever consider playing 3 of the ULP Passimian instead, and a Gladion?
I don't understand, I have a Gladion in the list.
As for the Passimian - you brought up a good point, that I should've absolutely mentioned. Yes, I considered playing the ULP Passimian and I also did, however, I ran into the conclusion to not include them afterall. First and foremost, the Ability does not upgrade the attack itself, but works only for Passimianin in the active - as you attack mainly with Mew, the Ability is thus being nullified.. The second thing is that it doesn't help the deck in any way, as Evolution decks are (mostly) favourable matchups and the bonus damage is not sufficient enough to get OHKOs most of the time. As a bonus disadvantage, to make the damage count, you need at least 2 or more ULP Passimians (attacking with Mew is the same as attacking with a Passimian with one ULP Passimian on the Bench - and works only against Evolution Pokémon by the way), but as you add more ULP Passimian, you are removing the SUM Passimians, which you then want to attack with, making it even more of a weak point then a benefit.

I like this deck archetype a lot, especially since I am seeing tons of greedy decks everywhere I play (Reshirazard, Zoroark, Wobuffet Hitmonchan, Pikarom, etc.). Since this deck is so fast to set up, I might consider running it just for massive amounts of Turn 1 damage. However, I’d like to make a few changes. For one, I believe that swapping Bursting Balloon for Giant Bomb would more easily counter these GX-heavy decks that are absolutely crushing the meta game. Also, Battle Compressor seems like an odd choice; perhaps it is better replaced with another Counter Energy. Finally, I believe that four Rescue Stretcher might be overkill; perhaps it would be wise to swap some Stretchers and maybe the Counter Catchers for some Trainers’ Mail for additional speed. Overall, great deck!

Back