• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Turbo Flareon

AlphaVoxel

Definitely still in development...
Forum Mod
What is up Pokebeach!?

I have recently begun to delve a little deeper into the realm of the Expanded Format, and am trying to come up with new was to play older decks. And thus, my research has brought me here. This is what I have for all of you today!

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 22

* 4 Eevee SUM 101
* 4 Talonflame STS 96
* 4 Flareon PLF 12
* 2 Chandelure GRI 13
* 2 Leafeon PLF 11
* 2 Jirachi-EX PLB 60
* 2 Litwick STS 48
* 2 Empoleon PLF 117

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 3 Sky Field ROS 89
* 2 Muscle Band XY 121
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 2 Skyla BKT 148
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 2 N FAC 105
* 3 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Lillie SUM 122
* 1 Startling Megaphone FLF 97
* 1 Dowsing Machine PLS 128
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 135

##Energy - 9

* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
* 5 Water Energy 3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Please note, my decklists tend to be a bit rough around the edges, but in my defense, I am not a professional.

This deck is based around a similar Deck made by the Pokemon Evolutionaries in one of their older videos. The core of the deck revolves around Flareon, which is the main attacker in the deck, doing 20 Damage, plus 10 damage for each Pokemon in your discard pile. Leafeon is used as a backup attacker, doing 20 damage times the amount of energy attached to all of your opponents Pokemon. Empoleon is also used as a backup attacker, doing 10 damage times the amount of Pokemon in play (Which, with Sky Field, can do a max of 200 for 1 Water Energy, Max of 230 with Choice Band, Max 220 w/Muscle Band, provided the opponent uses up all of their bench space).

The main draw engine for the deck is composed of Talonflame, Jirachi, Empoleon, and Lillie. I have noticed a bit of a trend regarding Lillie and Tapu Lele, as it is a GREAT way to start a game. Using Lele (Jirachi, in this case), you search for Lillie first turn, and play it after using as much of your hand as possible, thus maximizing the draw power. Talonflame is (for me, anyway), a must have in this deck. Using four, you can maximize your chances of starting with it. On the off chance you are unable to start with Talonflame, it makes great discard material. Empoleon, used here, is to help maximize the amount of Pokemon in the discard pile, and is used as a backup attacker (as previously aforementioned).

Unfortunately, that is all that I have for the time being. I do have a few things that would be very nice to fit into the deck:

+1 Parallel City
I suppose that by forcing yourself down to 3 bench spaces isn't always the greatest idea, but with this deck, I think it could help maximize the damage output on Flareon by giving you an opportunity to remove some wasted bench space (Thus powering up Flareon).

+1 AZ
I cannot tell you how many times I have started with a Jirachi in real life (And I only play one!), and this helps with that issue, or is great for freeing up bench space.

+1 Computer Search
I would definitely like to add one of these to the deck, where possible, and actually managed to get a hold of one in real life (A shadowless one from Base Set... ^.^)

Well, if you are still here, thanks for reading! I would hope that you leave some suggestions, just so long as they are constructive, and within reason (Do not suggest Shaymin/Tapu Lele. This makes me very mad. I cannot afford them, so please do not suggest them...)

Thanks,
-AV

Last edited:
Back