• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Turbo Bats (M Manectric EX / Crobat)

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 3-3 M Manectric EX
    1 Jirachi EX
    4 Zubat (Free Flight)
    4 Golbat PHG
    4 Crobat PHG
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 1 Sacred Ash
    1 Scoop Up Cyclone
    3 Manectric Spirit Link
    2 Max Potion
    4 Ultra Ball
    3 Hypnotoxic Laser
    1 Tool Retriever
    2 Virbank City Gym

4 N
    4 Professor Juniper
    2 AZ
    1 Pokemon Fan Club
    2 Lysandre
    2 VS Seeker
Energy:

• 9 Lightning Energy

Strategy:

Mega Manectric is a very self-sufficient and great card but with only 2 problems: it doesnt deal an enormous amount of damage and it has fighting weakness. Crobat covers both these things since Crobat can turn 2hkos into ohkos and also can beat fighting pokemon like landorus EX- crobat evo + attack + laserbank is 90, which turns into 120 coming back into your turn which turns to 180 with another crobat attack going into their turn. It also beats psychic weak pokemon like Lucario EX since its atk + evolution is 90 dmg right off the bat (pun intended)

Fighting resistance on crobat + lots of hp and max potions and AZ means that crobat is very hard to ko for landorus EX without using lands judgment. Max Potion also allows for the Turbo Bolt loop on M-Man (turbo bolt, take a hit, retreat, max pot off the dmg and put 2 more energy in discard, turbo bolt those energy straight back, repeat)
Having a deck full of 0 retreat cost pokemon is also fun and adds strength for moving around, and AZ/scoop up means I can reuse jirachi EX. Lastly there is laserbank here because turbo bolt + crobat evo = 140, + laserbank = 170. it could be helpful to get a ohko now and then. 1 Tool Retriever is there because flare tools are huge hassle for manectric which relies on its low energy costs/ wants to attach manectric spirit link. I can also take off a spirit link before scooping up mega manectric so i can reattach it.

I didnt focus too much on recycling crobats infinitely so theres only 2 AZ, 1 cyclone, and 2 VS Seeker because I figured that would be enough to finish off the game, which is a total of 5 opportunities to reuse crobat.

Back