• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Tuned Fairy Charms (Florges EX / Xerneas / Aromatisse, M Gardevoir EX)

TheUltimateAbsol

Truth or Ideals? It's all Black and White to me
Pokemon:

• 3 Florges EX
    3 Spritzee FLF
    2 Aromatisse XY
    1 Gardevoir EX PCL
    1 M Gardevoir EX
    1 Keldeo EX
    1 Klefki FFI
    2 Xerneas XY
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 N
    3 Professor Juniper
    2 Professor Birch's Observations
    1 Colress
    2 Lysandre
    1 Xerosic
    3 VS Seeker
    3 Hard Charm
    2 Jamming Net
    3 Max Potion
    3 Ultra Ball
    3 Pokemon Fan Club
    1 Target Whistle
    1 Dowsing Machine
    4 Fairy Garden
Energy:

• 10 Fairy Energy

Strategy:

Its the Fairy charms you know and love, now updated for the current meta.

It goes off of the usual strategy, spam fairy pokemon onto the bench, put a hard charm on Florges and a jamming net on the defending pokemon, and keep hitting a hard 100-120 damage while your opponent does up to 80 less. Then abuse things like max potion in order to keep going.

I have included a few things with today's meta. First off, Target whistle.
Why a target whistle? Well think about it; Flareon and night march, 2 prevailing decks that are gaining popularity, are now running 2 Jirachi EX to get their precious empoleon out. If they happen to discard a jirachi (or an eggsecute for that matter), you can take advantage of them and put it onto their bench, not only putting out an easy prize but also filling up one of their precious bench spaces they use for empoleon, slurpuff, or backup attackers. I figure you can at most use it twice if you hit dowsing machine at the right time

You may notice that there is only 1 colress and 3 juniper, yet 2 Professor birch's observations. Why?
Discarding your whole hand a lot of times gets tough in a fairies deck. Getting a t1 colress and nothing else is even worse. So I figured its better to draw 4 than nothing, on top of the fact that Florges can already grab a supporter.

Xerosic
I Used to run Iris, but seismitoad is becoming a bigger and bigger problem. Xerosic has mutliple capabilities, from removing a tool from a garbodor to taking away a strong energy.

No Startling megaphone
Actually, I just ran out of room to fit this in. I don't know what can be sacrificed in its place. At least there is always xerosic

M Gardevoir.
When this card came out, everyone was like, "OMG, WE FINALLY GOT A FAIRY ATTACKER". Well it is attacker, but a rather predictable one. If you can consitently wall with florges doing damage, you should be able to at one time take a turn to mega evolve without the spirit link. I mean, how did kangaskhan work? Its a big payout attacker that can help for that final blow, as florges only does 120 max.

I haven't been able to do much testing with this, any comments are appreciated.

RE: Tuned Fairy Charms (Florges EX, Xerneas, Aromatisse, M Gardevoir EX)

I would stick with the normal fairy deck archetype... But if you want to use target whistle then I would play mind jack (Absol and Deoxys) it does up to 180 damage for 2 energies and has perfect synergy with target whistle while only giving up a single prize card per Absol. (And if you play Colress machine then you could potentially do that 180 damage on turn 1) And once sky field comes out mind jack will cap out at 240, enough to KO those mega Rayquaza.

Back