Tuesday, 11/6, Kingdra ex d Card Review, Entei / Rayquaza in SSBB, OP Press Releases

tcgmaster

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Tuesday, 11/6, Kingdra ex d Card Review, Entei / Rayquaza in SSBB, OP Press Relea

The Kingdra card review is good. I thing Kingdra/Seadra is awesome, so I might actually use it. When I first saw the SSBB update, I saw the video but decided not to watch it. I forgot about it until I found the link on here, :p I think the video was cool, but it was kind of sad that Raquaza didn't use Hyper Beam.

Lou Cypher

The melody of your defeat
Cruddy review for the end part. Pinsir-Fearow is the desired combination for speed Kingdra. Meganium? Gonna run a Stage 2 in a deck that wants to be speedy? No good sir, that's no way to play Kingdra. No mention of Crystal Beach? No Strength Charm which turns several 2HKO's into OHKO's? (Think Lucario). The review is good, the deck is trashy.

Psychic Pokemon Master

Aspiring Trainer
The review on Kingdra ex δ is very good & I totally agree with what they said especially about Kingdra ex d was underrated in the last format. Good Job Team Holon... :)

Jigglypuff13

I really need to change this
Most of the review, I agree with entirely. However, I do have some problems with the list. First, as Lou Cypher said, Fearow is undoubtedly better for a fast Kingdra deck. Also, Quick Ball? Only for turn 2 decks like Quicktune or Blissey, for a set-up deck, it's just too random. Also, I'd probably say a 4th starter (Pinsir or Holon's Castform) would make it more consistent. Finally, I'd probably say not every match-up is in favour of Kingdra Ex. Quicktune is, just as the name of the deck says, quick and may get some quick KOs which you can't recover from, same for Mario and sometimes Infernacatty. Otherwise, a good review.

Weegee

Rare candies are steroids for pokemon!
rayquaza was awesome. so much detail. mabye if the pbr creator had more time then that would be what all the pokemon would look like. beutiful but deadly:)

ESP

Swag.
Advanced Member
Lou Cypher said:
Cruddy review for the end part. Pinsir-Fearow is the desired combination for speed Kingdra. Meganium? Gonna run a Stage 2 in a deck that wants to be speedy? No good sir, that's no way to play Kingdra. No mention of Crystal Beach? No Strength Charm which turns several 2HKO's into OHKO's? (Think Lucario). The review is good, the deck is trashy.

Every person who runs a Kingdra deck has different ideas on how it should be played. I like Meganium, Tyler likes Nidoqueen, and you like Fearow. I like Meganium because it gives you 3 pokemon at a time which combos very well with Rare Candy. I used to use Fearow which also works well. Pinsir is a good card for searching, but I like the draw power that Holon's Castform provides. Crystal Beach shuts down the second effect of Holon's Castform and Strength Charm was taken out to make place for more Buffer Piece. You do have good ideas but you should try some of ours.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The review for another one of my favorite delta exs was great. I do believe that there are many combinations with Kingdra ex d; I personally use Kingdra ex d w/ Fearow d and Xatu d. I have the starter, Casty, as well. I know it looks fairly hard to pull off, but afterwards, all my bench looks like is easy pickins' for Ray ex d/Empoleon/Gallade. I'm very suprised it's actually gaining popularity, since there is another Electivire (SW) out now....Very interesting indeed. Meganium would catch people off guard though.

SSBB: I never caught Entei in the video but I heard earlier on here and SPP that he would be shown, so I didn't have to pick him out. He does what he did in Super Smash Bros. Melee, whatever that was. Rayquaza will most likely be a boss, and that will be pretty cool.

The OP Pressreleases are very informative. Thank you for passing off the information to help starting TCG members or returning competitiors. I myself won't be able to go to anything, but it's nice as a thought.

dmaster out.

Naki Feralkin

Pokemanz: Serious Business.
Well written article. Maybe now people will realize just how ferocious Kingdra is instead of writing it off as useless against Blissey.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Kingdra...is...AWESOME! I know it's powerful. I lost to Naki at the BR!! (He had to forfeit one due to Energy drought but that was luck.:D) This seahorse can backlash 2 HUGE threats: Vire and Blissey. If you can get it out fast, you've got no problems.

bangiras

Aspiring Trainer
News Staff
Lou Cypher said:

Meganium is probably the fastest way to run Kingdra. It does 3 turns worth of Delta Signage in one go. :) Other than that, it's a great backup attacker. Our deck may not be able to one-shot Lucarios, but it can shut them down. Essentially, we're sacrificing a little bit of power (PP, Charm, Xatu) to stress prize denial.

As EspeonShock said, there are a dozen ways to play Kingdra, and we picked one of them as the basis of our review. The other cards you mentioned (Pinsir, Fearow) are covered in the Combo section.

Thanks everybody for commenting, we really appreciate the feedback (good and bad).

bonsly1994

Croagunk, one of the faithful
Yea, thanks! And my first review! Anyways, the Rayquaza will probably just a stage thing. Where during battle it'll just appear and probabaly disrupt you. Entei picture looked awesome. Man so anxious to get Brawl!

Naki Feralkin

Pokemanz: Serious Business.
I've always been preferable to the Pinsir/Fearow line myself, actually. In my opinion running any additional stage 2's make the ratio of your Rare Candies falter. I'd rather be T1-2'ing into a Kingdra and beginning the attack.

Pinsir is also good for that Armor body. Though I can see why you would run Meganium, its not a bad idea at all.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
RE: Tuesday, 11/6, Kingdra ex d Card Review, Entei / Rayquaza in SSBB, OP Press Relea

I was hoping Rayquaza was going to be a throwable Pokeball item because Ray quaza would be great Pokeball item. Ican't wait to get some Secret wonders cards because this set looks like it will be a good set.:)