Tues, Wed, Sat, 1/30-2/2, EX Power Keepers Scans and Set List, Meiji Promos

RE: Tuesday, 1/30, Thirty-Five EX Power Keepers Scans

Yay, I just got some Magnetons and Blazikens for cheap :p I wanna use those Magnetons somehow, maybe with Blaziken and Dragonite d... throw in a Ray ex too.

Is there going to be more scans tonight? If not im going to sleep bc i have bronchittis, but power keepers is more important than my health. (semi-kidding)

I don’t think that PK is just going to replace delta pokemon & the holon engine ... but what it does offer is some interesting techs for non-delta decks. For example....

Holon’s Castform is the starter for your typical delta deck. Now Mawile (pk) can counter that helping the non-delta deck get started & then forcing your opponent to discard that big hand that Casty got them.

Walrein ex can stop the holon engine & more for a turn ... and I’ve already seen one idea to extend the outage too.

Slacking will shut down power based decks like Metanite unless they run Lati-lock ... and this in turn eats up their bench space and reduced the decks overall effectiveness.

Delta decks will still be good, but non-delta decks will definitely get a boost with PK IMHO.

CodeVoodoo said:
DarkJake said:
CodeVoodoo said:
I think that this set is going to really help with those that don't want necessarily a delta-themed deck. :)

I'd love to find a way to combo that Raichu well. I know Magneton will be needed... but who else??

Please explain how anything in this set compares to Delta decks in terms of consistency, power, or synergy. kthx
I was merely saying that, there might be people who don't want to make decks around the Delta Pokemon. Power Keepers opens up more Pokemon to that, and, if what I've read as far as trainers are concerned, gives them other avenues' to a decent, if not good draw engine like the Holon Engine.

I give the Delta Pokemon and the Holon engine a lot of kudos for being as good as they are, there's no doubt about that. But personally... I'd like to just go back to the normal Pokemon.

I'm not saying Delta Pokemon are better because of their concept. I hate the concept...screwed up types and all of that doesn't appeal to me, but if one wants to win there's no dancing around playing delta decks. Yes, PK reprints some interesting cards that would be good should delta not exist. Heck, if Pidgeot was reprinted some of those cards might've been made into Tier-1 decks, but for WHATEVER reason, PUI decided not to reprint the only rival to the Holon Engine, which is why delta decks will dominate for this season and the next (assuming the next format is DS-on, and I don't see why it wouldn't be).

Steven's and delcatty both make the holon engine alot less effective (or, should I say, it makes you benefit from the opponet's engine). Copy cat and steven's are finally united. With scott/castaway, lannettes/mentor, and island hermit, I see this engine being very effective for many decks.

BobChao said:
I just relized... chances are there will be a Charizard EX in this set, considering we have all the non-EX rares up, with no Charizard, yet we have a Charmeleon. Also, I think they said a Charizard would be in it when they announced Power Keepers a while back.

No there's still 6-9 to be revealed so it still might be a non-ex or it might be a secret rare.

The cards are pretty good and I like raichu's thunderbolt attack. It does good damage and is charizard going to be in the set? I hope so because I saw charmeleon so I hope he is in the set.:)

RE: Tuesday and Wednesday, 1/30 - 31, EX Power Keepers Scans and Set List!

*Bows down and thanks the PokeGod for not including Pidgeot*

YOU DO HAVE SOME COMMON SENSE!!!

I'm slightly disappointed in Duskull though. He's not very good, and I was hoping for an improvement over the ones we already had. Oh well.

OMG! Blaziken is the new Dragonite DS! O-M-G!!!
And Omastar XD (I hate it allready, the ultimate enemy of rare candy!!) and the Shrifty ex! I love it!
Thanks for the scans!

Hey, wait?! Where's Zapdos?! A reprint set without Zapdos? NOOO! :(

This thread is getting really spammed up.

And why does the Omastar look similar to another one...?

I think some cards are reprints but I am not sure on the set though.:)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! magnicatty is coming back omg everybody stop using delta the metagame is broken gardy and blaziken the best stage 2 ever and delcatty-magneton wow no best combo(casty-mentor_against this

I sincerely doubt that. We shouldn't have THAT many reprints. There are other Delcatties to reprint.

ok look at this they'r making new pokemon for the elite four all of the e4 are new pokemon other pokemons are reprints ok they are bringing blaz back and magneton is OBVIOUS tha the delcatty and the gardy are reprints of the rs ones no doubt about
ok i saw this in other forum that PUI is gona release another set in april before dp and the dp set after worlds and then the new rules and a diferent way to play but AFTER WORLDS

Once again, thanks a lot to WPM for putting the scans up!

But well, rather than spamming, I'm gonna say what I think about PK over here... the scans that are up so far have told me that there are at least 8 reprints for Pokemon cards:

Blaziken (EX Ruby / Sapphire)
Machamp (EX Hidden Legends)
Lanturn (EX Hidden Legends)
Magneton (EX Dragon)
Ninetales (EX Hidden Legends)
Omastar (EX Sandstorm)
Wobbuffet (EX Sandstorm)
Combusken (EX Ruby / Sapphire)

Not to mention a dozen trainer cards being reprinted (the good news is Steven's Advice is reprinted), with the only new trainers being the 4 stadiums... what's the point of keep rotating the format but reprinting old cards???

Talking about the exs... Absol ex definitely isn't good enough, as it may well be your lone starter. Metagross ex is by far the one I love most, as his power is broken (an every turn Admin. but not supporter, and can even use two times with switch) and has a really excellent attack (plus damage reduction with Metal energies).

Shiftry ex is quite similar to Metagross ex, dealing less damage (60 to each, at most increase damage to Active with Dark NRGs), but its first attack is ridiculous. Combine it with Mew ex (HP) and you own the game. Skarmory ex IMO is quite good, as it makes retreat much harder even when it's on the Bench (though its attacks are just mediocre).

Finally, walrein ex is quite nice as it's a complete trainer ban (both normal ones and supporters), but you need SSU to reuse it. Its attack is also mediocre only as you need a stadium to do 90, and I don't recall any methods to recover the stadium.

So... I might try to get a few packs of PK, but certainly not as crazy as the sets before... a little disappointed actually, as there are just too many reprints.

Back