JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
A new  Tsareena V and a new Falinks have been revealed from Japan’s upcoming Fusion Arts set, which releases there on September 24th.
Tsareena V – Grass – HP200
Basic Pokemon
[G][C] Queen’s Order: 20+ damage. Discard any number of your Benched Pokemon. This attack does 40 more damage for each Benched Pokemon you discarded in this way.
When your Pokemon V is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 2

Falinks – Fighting – HP90
Basic Pokemon
[F] Headbutt: 30 damage.
[F][C][C] Formation’s Edge: 60+ damage. If your opponent has exactly 1 Prize Card...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I get that Tsareena can get more damage in Expanded (still bad and risky), but I assume we'll see a VMAX as well?

RHowford

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
The damage on the Tsareena pic says 40 in the text but the translation says 30.

Ilexon

Aspiring Trainer
Can anyone tell what the shadow over the falinks art is? Im guessing another Pokemon maybe? Perhaps there'll be some connecting art. : D

Nyora

A Cat
I get that Tsareena can get more damage in Expanded (still bad and risky), but I assume we'll see a VMAX as well?
Likely would've been alongside it, so no. 20+40X is pretty ok anyway, it can hit 180 for 2 normally, but as it stands it doesnt look super great. Standard hasn't given it any over-the-top powerful tools so far, but it'd also make sense that one or two would be introduced in this set, so I'll wait and pray.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Tsareena V - I can allow this if it does more damage up to the acceptable point in the game. 3-4
Falinks - I wish it was 1 energy, nice for a splashable comeback! 3

JL_muserwolves

Mercy!
That Tsareena seems quite good in Expanded if you're allowed to just do your thing, similar but with a higher output than Mega Gardevoir (and later MewMew/MGarde). With Sky Field out, your damage cap is 340 if you discard your entire bench (260-300 will obviously be more common and still very respectable for 2 energy on a Basic), and 4 of those can be Giratina LOT netting you repeatable additional pings. You obviously also have the suite of support Pokemon to take advantage of and then discard to prevent people taking advantage of them, as well as Propagation Exeggcutes to make sure you never miss your cap. Obviously we can't get off the attack with a single attachment (unless we're playing Counter Energy or something) but there's plenty of available options to pick up the extra Energy somewhere, with Max Elixir being the first that comes to mind.

Will the format be in a place where that's actually playable? We'll have to wait and see. Neat card.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
The last time I saw that attack was on Cophagrigus with Giratina being released at the same time, have being long time since Giratina can we have another Giratina again?

ThePigThatCriedRii

Aspiring Trainer
That Tsareena easily seems like the best partner card with Ludicolo from Evolving Skies. Maybe it could make a home in an Aurora box deck alongside Suicune V that uses other bench sitting or evolution effect Pokemon like Umbreon VMAX?