• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Trubbish

Pookapotamus

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon
  • 4x Trubbish (PS 65)
  • 3x Sigilyph (PLB 42)
  • 1 Sigilyph (PLF 118)
  • 2-2 Masquerain (PLB)
Trainers
  • 4x N
  • 4x Professor Juniper
  • 2x Skyla
  • 2x Bianca
  • 2x Tool Scrapper
  • 2x Eviolite
  • 4x Silver Bangle
  • 4x Silver Mirror
  • 4x Pokemon Catcher
  • 2x Float Stone
  • 4x Exp Share
  • 1x Skyarrow Bridge
  • 3x Level Ball
  • 1x Super Rod
  • 1x Dowsing Machine
Energy
  • 8x Psychic Energy
  • 2x Double Colorless Energy
Strategy
Strategy is to attach as many Tools as possible to Sigilyph and attack with Tool Drop. Masquerain is there to shift around Tools so I can use them when needed.

Note: I want to add Tool Scrapper and possibly 1 Super Rod, but I don't know what to drop. Any Help?

Catfish

Aspiring Trainer
Playing Garbador and Celebi is just jumping through too many hoops, I would just drop them and add a 2-2 Masquerain (PLB) line.

scizorlicious

Now with one fewer 's'
Definitely take out Garbodor and Celebi for a 2-2 Masquerain line. Garbodor hurts you - you're doing max 120/turn not counting opponent's tools - and having to add in Celebi means your opponent can take 2 prizes, which also hurts this deck.

Personally, I like Dowsing Machine over Computer Search in this deck. It's kind of a personal choice, but this deck runs enough Items (and Supporters, I suppose) that you really want to be able to get them back late-game. A fifth Silver Mirror - or any Tool really - is very helpful.

Your energy line is somewhat thick. I'd suggest removing the four Prism energy. You also shouldn't need Energy Retrieval; Exp. Share is far superior.

Instead of Ultra Ball, Level Ball works wonders in this deck. I'd suggest 4.

You'll also want 3-4 Catcher to get crucial KOs/prizes throughout the game. With 3 well-timed Catchers against Plasma, you can win in 3 Deoxys OHKOs.

You'll probably need a heavier Supporter line as well - I play the same as you, but with 3 Bicycles. I'm considering switching to another Skyla and 2 Colress, but right now, Bicycles are really good in such an Item-focused deck.

I mentioned before, but this deck really needs Exp. Share. Otherwise, OHKOs on Trubbish are simply too much to overcome. I personally play neither Eviolite nor Giant Cape - I find that they rarely help avoid OHKOs - and instead play 4 Mirror, 4 Exp. Share, 3 Bangle, 3 Float, and 2 Rescue Scarf (though those may have to go for a 4th Float/Bangle). Obviously, what you play is up to you, but those are the changes I would make.

Pookapotamus

Aspiring Trainer
@Scizor

Yeah, I decided to drop Garbodor and Celebi after testing, and decided that Masquerain would help more. I actually don't have Computer Search, but I do have Dowsing Machine :p, so I'll add that in. I'm changing the energy line to 8 Psychic and 4 DCE, just in case I start with Surskit. I'll add in catchers, as I forgot to due to a brain fart. Another thing is that I'm considering adding Skyarrow as only Trubbish has more than 1 retreat, and I don't think that I'll be needing to retreat with it, but in case I'll keep 2 float stones. I'm adding 2 Enhanced hammer for Thundurus EX when i don't have a mirror. Level Ball completely slipped my mind, so I'll add that and take the 2-2 Ultra Ball/Energy Retrieval.

Departures:
-2 Garbordor (PLS 67)
-2 Celebi EX (BC)
-2 Ultra Ball
-2 Energy Retrieval
-2 Psychic Energy
-2 Giant Cape
-2 Eviolite
-4 Prism Energy
-1 Computer Search
-1 Float Stone

-20 Total

Additions:
+2 Surskit (PLB 1)
+2 Masquerain (PLB 2)
+4 Pokemon Catcher
+3 Level Ball
+4 Double Colorless Energy
+2 Bianca
+1 Dowsing Machine
+2 Exp Share
+2 Skyarrow Bridge

+22 Total

Looking back, I had only 58 cards, or I miscounted somewhere, but now I can fit Skyarrow, but still no room for Tool Scrapper. Help?

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
I dont think you need 4 silver bangle/mirror. I suggest dropping 1 each and going for 1 more eviolite and a tool scrapper. Also i would suggest getting rid of one Sigilyph with tool box for one with Safeguard. It will greatly help you against Ex pokemon and with a mirror, can wall most of the metagame.

Pookapotamus

Aspiring Trainer
Dropping a PLB Sigilyph and getting a DRX Sigilyph is probably the best idea, and I also have a shiny Sigilyph .3.
+1 Sigilyph (PLF 118)

-1 Sigilyph (PLB 41)

strg9

Just returning
Running tool scraper in this deck should not be that important to you. Lowering your consistency for one deck type is not really worth it and if you play this deck correctly, you can stop the Garbadors from even getting out. I really don't see the point of Skyarrow in this deck either. You should be able to cycle the Float stones around on your sigilyph if he gets stuck up there and if you're virbanked, you're most likely going to get knocked out anyway from an attack before you can recover from it. 4 silver bangles is too much also. Think about it, silver bangle is only good against pokemon EX and you should only attach it if you're going to KO them. Then if they somehow knock out the trubbish with the bangle attached, you still have 2 more which you save as well for the next EX. You only need to kill 3 EX to win a game so no more than 3 Bangles is necessary. You do however, really need 4 EXP share as it's the heart of this deck that keeps the energy (the blood lol) flowing. You need at least three because you want it out turn 2 and in-case they catcher up one and kill it. 2 floats is fine though I suggest 3 and adding at least one random receiver can really help your consistency. You also don't need double colorless at all. You should never be attacking with anything other than trubbish. If you think you may have too, start building up the sigilyphs with the EXP shares turns beforehand. And no more than 10 energy. And add another level ball!!! This will really ensure that you get your set up! Also, Bicycle works wonders in this deck as you should always have a low hand size. You should add no less than 3 bicycle. Eviolite is pointless in this deck. Everything will be oneshot anyway and even with the two you run are attached to sigilyph, it most likely won't save it. I'd say add some random receivers or something to help smooth this deck along to assure you're set up turn two. AND YOU NEED SUPERROD! when 2-3 trubbish are KOed, play this to put them back into the deck and try to get them back out to make sure you're always attacking with trubbish
So
-2 Skyarrow
-1 Bangle
-4 DBC
-2 eviolite
+1-2 EXP
+0-2 Phychic energy
+1 Level ball
+3-4 Bicycle
+ ? Random receiver
+1 Super rod
I hope this helped you out! I've been play testing this deck a lot against many of the top decks and i can easily say this deck will give them a run for their money! Defiantly tournament worthy!

Pookapotamus

Aspiring Trainer
I like the idea of where you are going, but I want to keep at least 1 Skyarrow in, and Possibly 1 DCE. The reason for SKyarrow is just to counter Frozen City/Virbank. I'll add 1 or 2 Bicycles since Bianca has helped me out quite a bit. Also, I'm not sold on ditching Eviolite or Tool Scrapper since it counters Darkrai/Garbodor (The one that won KO) and also gives me another tool if I whiff on the others. RR was something that I was considering, but I couldn't find the room to fit 2 or 3 in, and If I have it late game, its kinda useless.

Additions v2:

+1 Bicycle
+2 Exp Share
+1 Super Rod

Departures v2:
-2 DCE
-1 Skyarrow
-1 Silver Bangle

I'll see how this works,

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
I think you could survive with 2 silver mirrors. 4 is a lot and its effects do not stack so i feel like there is almost no point to more than 3. 2 might be enough though.

scizorlicious

Now with one fewer 's'
No, 4 Silver Mirrors is best. You want a win against Plasma, and having 4 Mirrors vs. 2 gives you such a better matchup.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
perhaps. But the biggest threat to this deck isnt TDK. It is darkrai. Darkrai Garbodor just destroys this deck. No safeguard, and only 1 tool per pokemon , and no moving tools around really can hurt. Plus Darkrai can 1 hit everything in this deck with a dark claw. To go around the single eviolite allowed on each pokemon. Plus after you get 4 prizes after 3 hits with darkrai. With catchers, darkrai can bring masquerain or tool box sigilyph into the active and laugh at their pathetic damage or OHKO.

you probably want to squeeze in at least 2 tool scrappers for the floatstones on garbodor.

strg9

Just returning
Ivy_Profen said:
perhaps. But the biggest threat to this deck isnt TDK. It is darkrai. Darkrai Garbodor just destroys this deck. No safeguard, and only 1 tool per pokemon , and no moving tools around really can hurt. Plus Darkrai can 1 hit everything in this deck with a dark claw. To go around the single eviolite allowed on each pokemon. Plus after you get 4 prizes after 3 hits with darkrai. With catchers, darkrai can bring masquerain or tool box sigilyph into the active and laugh at their pathetic damage or OHKO.

you probably want to squeeze in at least 2 tool scrappers for the floatstones on garbodor.

The best way to fight Darkrai is consistency. Get out fast and shut them down before they can do to much. You can't build your deck around beating one deck. If I plan my turns out wisely, I can beat Darkrai. It's still very hard but it is doable. Focus your deck MAINLY on consistency. Not only trying to counter one deck type as you will learn this will hurt you more than it helps.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
even if that one deck is one of the best decks in the format? You are suggesting 4 silver mirror to help against plasma decks while having 4 bangles, tool scrapper, or 3 eviolites will help you against more decks than the 4th silver mirror. You are basically teching for 1 or 2 decks already. What decks run tons of plasma pokemon aside from TDK and Gensect decks? Besides a tool scrapper would do wonders against genesect to get rid of that G booster that hits through mirror and safeguard.

strg9

Just returning
He'll kill one trubbish then you bring one up and kill it back. Then the G booster is gone. He is already running the safeguard and with a mirror attached to it, nothing in darkrai is going to kill it except if he has tool scrapper. You just have to play smart and get rid of the trubbishes or if you can't, retreat into your own trubbish and attack with that until garbotoxin is not a threat.

Pookapotamus

Aspiring Trainer
As I said, I would like at least 1 Scrapper in there for the possible Garbodor, since that shuts down everything. Safeguard, Tool Box, and Tool Removal. I might get rid of a Silver Bangle, as I can get one back with Dowsing Machine possibly.

-1 Bangle
-1 Bicycle

+2 Tool Scrapper

scizorlicious

Now with one fewer 's'
The thing about Garbodor is that even without Sigilyph's or Masquerain's Abilities in play, you can still Catcher+OHKO Garbodor with only 2 Tools attached to your own Pokémon (assuming Garbodor has a Tool attached to it). Tool Scrapper doesn't really help the Garbodor/Zebstrika matchup (where you can't use Catcher), since the problem with that matchup is the Zebstrika rather than the Garbodor - you don't need a whole lot of Tools (i.e. more than you could get with a Garbodor in play) in play to OHKO Zebstrika, either.

strg9

Just returning
If you really insist on tool scrapper, i say no more than one is necessary. Play 4 bicycles. That' really helps get your deck out.

Pookapotamus

Aspiring Trainer
Unfortunately, Regionals are 10 days before Legendary Treasures hit stores, but I will want 4 Elesa in this deck. (Hopefully, a cool FA of her is in the set.)
Anything to remove for her?

Card Translation:

Elesa – Trainer
Supporter

Search your deck for 3 Pokemon Tool cards, show them to your opponent, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I think 4 would be a bit overkill. You could get rid of the lone Skyarrow Bridge though. You aren't going to win any stadium wars with the deck anyway. I'm not sure what else you can take out.