Fun Trollamar

datoneguy760

Aspiring Trainer
So I was trying to think of a new deck for the malamar from Unbroken bonds. But im horrible at making decks. Anyone have any ideas?
189219_200w.jpg

Maybe you could use Surprise Box to return a Pokémon to their hand. Don’t know how consistent it would be, but you could try it out.

Normally, opponent attack copying based decks are bad. There are easy ways to do it, Clefairy EVO/Mew FAC, Sudowoodo FAC (I think?) Zoroark BW/Zoroark BREAK, etc. and now of course Malamar. These fit better as techs than their own decks, since they often have many auto losses. Examples of current include Blacephalon decks, as you carry 0 Fire Energy. Pikarom’s Full Blitz also gives you no secondary effect, and while 0 for 150 is good, consider that they 1.) haven’t Benched it and 2.) will kill your Malamar next turn. Zapdos’s attack isn’t too particularly useful, since you can maybe only OHKO Jirachi with it.

Attack copiers are often too situational to build their own deck around. However, Liepard BCR copies your attacks, at the risk of a flip coin. If you would like an attack copying deck, Liepard BCR with high-energy attackers like Guzzlord-GX, Dialga-GX, Reshiram & Charizard-GX, is your best option. It is expanded, however, so keep that in mind.

Hope any of this helped!

Agree it can't be a deck completely on its own, but I think you can build around it. Baby umbreon and spiritomb are decent single energy dark attackers to go along with it. Or perhaps throw in unit energy and play with dugtrio and granbull or some other combination.

Also it's great against bdif, 2hko is easily possible against pikarom, dewgong is a good target... lots of non-autolosses out there as well, especially if you have backup attackers.

Back