• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Trevtina ( Trev/Espeon GX/Giratina )

swapforce1

Shaymin lover
Pokemon 15

3x Phantump

3x Trevenant

2x Trev BREAK

1x Eevee

1x Espeon GX

1x Wobbefett

2x Giratina EX

2x Shaymin EX

Trainers 31

3x Wally

4x Dimension valley

2x Crushing Hammer

4x Ultra ball

4x Vs seeker

4x Max elixer

3x Trainers Mail

1x Ninja Boy

3x N

2x Professor Sycamore

1x Enhanced Hammer

1x Parallel city

Energy

10x Psychic

3x DDE

Okay this is a REALLY WEIRD deck list. I im going to try it out …. So consistency is not 100%.

Im going to explain what i was thinking.

You want to start Phantump and get first turn Item lock. ( while setting up a giratina ). Now i dont know about you but when a trev goes down it means you need to get another one up fast! Or at least that's what it would be after your 2nd trev break goes down sent out the Garitina. Your opponent will be at least two turns behind. Chaos wheel to lock them out of Stadiums , tools and special Energy. When the garitina goes down you will probably have a decent amount of damage on the board. Send out the espeon and use its GX attack ( if all goes well you should win the game right here but lets assume you haven't for our next example ) By now you will have taken at least 3 prizes and have at least 4-8 damage counters on each Pokemon. Now you use Wobbuffet to sweep. ( and maybe the second Giratina if things get desperate )

So now you get the idea. But i know what you are thinking : what if you don't start with phantump?

So a list of what to do if you DON'T start phantump

Eevee : Attach an energy and Evolve into Espeon GX set up a Wobb onto the bench

Wobb : the start you don't really want. Ninja boy it away or hide behind its abilty to set up

Giratina : another start you don't really want hide behind its great HP to set up.

Shaymin : we don’t speak of that start …….

Cards to consider

Float stone : retreat bad starts

Mystery Energy : Retreat Wobb or espeon

Lysandre : Stall / troll ( is not super important because we are using damage counters )

Sky Field : Have more Pokemon on bench

I also run a Trevenant deck in Expanded tournaments and find your deck list interesting. A few comments for your consideration:
  • To enhance your chances of starting with Phantump, 4 copies should run. I run a 4-4-3 line to maximize my opportunity to establish the T1 Item-lock (which I do 90%@+ of the time).
  • There are LOTS of good decks now (with relaease of SM set cards) that do not require Special energy. So, the Giratina EX's "locks" may really not be that effective. Secondly, by utilizing Giratina EX, the deck loses some of its potency when the focus is shifted to Giratina.
  • A 1-1 Espon GX line is risky; there is a decent chance you may not be able to get it into play at all. A 2-2 line is much more reliable. Also, if you ran more of the AOR Eeveelutions, you would have other types that can be used when you attack with Trevenant's Tree Slam.
  • Without running AZ, Cassius, Olympia or any other "switching" Item cards, you'll need to spend turn(s) to attach energy to retreat. You will lose precious time, as well as the discarded energy - should you not hit the Max Elixirs at the right time.
  • 4 Dimension Valley seems excessive; replacing 1 with a Delinquent has been extremely helpful to me.
  • No Lysandre??? What if your opponent Item-locks you.... I strongly suggest running 2. There are opportunities when you can Lysandre up an opponent's heay-retreating Pokémon and just spread damage counters around that Defending Pokémon that becomes a nice "wall" for you.
  • Dimension Valley > Sky Field for this deck.
Following are some suggested deck changes for improvement, IMO:

-2 Giratina EX - distracts too much from the deck's main purpose
-1 Dimension Valley
-4 Max Elixir - not really needed (too "iffy")
-1 Ninja Boy - not really needed
-1 Ultra Ball - 3 should be sufficient
-3 DDE
-2 Psychic

+1 Eevee
+1 Flareon (AOR) / Jolteon (AOR) - usefull against certain decks
+1 Phantump ((Ascension)
+1 Trevenant

+1 AZ / Cassius - to recover and reuse a Pokémon (e.g., Shaymin EX)
+1 Delinquent - opponent's hand disruption and counter his/her Stadium
+1 Level Ball - helps get "lower" HP Pokémon out faster
+2 Lysandre
+1 Super Rod
+4 Mystery - helps with retreating

Not to discourage you from continuing to test your Giratina EX variant, but I don't believe its positives outweigh its negatives when combined with Trevenant (Forest Curse). I play on tcgone.net and am willing to test different Expanded deck match-ups against your deck. Maybe there is something there in your particular deck variation that may just work well in the new meta and I just don't realize it yet.

I have you find these comments helpful. Please PM me if you want to play-test sometime.

I also run a Trevenant deck in Expanded tournaments and find your deck list interesting. A few comments for your consideration:
  • To enhance your chances of starting with Phantump, 4 copies should run. I run a 4-4-3 line to maximize my opportunity to establish the T1 Item-lock (which I do 90%@+ of the time).
  • There are LOTS of good decks now (with relaease of SM set cards) that do not require Special energy. So, the Giratina EX's "locks" may really not be that effective. Secondly, by utilizing Giratina EX, the deck loses some of its potency when the focus is shifted to Giratina.
  • A 1-1 Espon GX line is risky; there is a decent chance you may not be able to get it into play at all. A 2-2 line is much more reliable. Also, if you ran more of the AOR Eeveelutions, you would have other types that can be used when you attack with Trevenant's Tree Slam.
  • Without running AZ, Cassius, Olympia or any other "switching" Item cards, you'll need to spend turn(s) to attach energy to retreat. You will lose precious time, as well as the discarded energy - should you not hit the Max Elixirs at the right time.
  • 4 Dimension Valley seems excessive; replacing 1 with a Delinquent has been extremely helpful to me.
  • No Lysandre??? What if your opponent Item-locks you.... I strongly suggest running 2. There are opportunities when you can Lysandre up an opponent's heay-retreating Pokémon and just spread damage counters around that Defending Pokémon that becomes a nice "wall" for you.
  • Dimension Valley > Sky Field for this deck.
Following are some suggested deck changes for improvement, IMO:

-2 Giratina EX - distracts too much from the deck's main purpose
-1 Dimension Valley
-4 Max Elixir - not really needed (too "iffy")
-1 Ninja Boy - not really needed
-1 Ultra Ball - 3 should be sufficient
-3 DDE
-2 Psychic

+1 Eevee
+1 Flareon (AOR) / Jolteon (AOR) - usefull against certain decks
+1 Phantump ((Ascension)
+1 Trevenant

+1 AZ / Cassius - to recover and reuse a Pokémon (e.g., Shaymin EX)
+1 Delinquent - opponent's hand disruption and counter his/her Stadium
+1 Level Ball - helps get "lower" HP Pokémon out faster
+2 Lysandre
+1 Super Rod
+4 Mystery - helps with retreating

Not to discourage you from continuing to test your Giratina EX variant, but I don't believe its positives outweigh its negatives when combined with Trevenant (Forest Curse). I play on tcgone.net and am willing to test different Expanded deck match-ups against your deck. Maybe there is something there in your particular deck variation that may just work well in the new meta and I just don't realize it yet.

I have you find these comments helpful. Please PM me if you want to play-test sometime.

• I have a 3-3-2 line because i wanted to try out the giratina and space was challenging. It was also supposed to be a lock tool box.
  • Im not exactly updated on decks with SM cards ( at all ) so i really didn't know. It also can still lock other things tho.

• The 1-1 espeon line was because espeon was my favorite pokemon and with a helpful GX attack i couldn't resist putting it. This list is kinda clunky and i couldn't find the space

• The eeveelutions are kinda situational but it sounds interesting. The only thing is : trev break isnt a stage 1 so that wont help

• Float stone is a card i was considering but space is kinda hard with this deck

• Demsion vally is super important because energy is precious. the staiduim war is vital versus some decks and when its not it can be ultra ball fodder

I don't really play TCG one but as far as i can tell i cant really play my own list on it.

This list was built to match my playstyles but the cards that i want to put in but cant find the space include

Lysadre

Float stone

Super rod

Also i wrote this under the notion that if trev , wobb and vally was in standard this deck could be used in standard so i forgot a lot of stuff

• I have a 3-3-2 line because i wanted to try out the giratina and space was challenging. It was also supposed to be a lock tool box.
  • Im not exactly updated on decks with SM cards ( at all ) so i really didn't know. It also can still lock other things tho.

• The 1-1 espeon line was because espeon was my favorite pokemon and with a helpful GX attack i couldn't resist putting it. This list is kinda clunky and i couldn't find the space

• The eeveelutions are kinda situational but it sounds interesting. The only thing is : trev break isnt a stage 1 so that wont help

• Float stone is a card i was considering but space is kinda hard with this deck

• Demsion vally is super important because energy is precious. the staiduim war is vital versus some decks and when its not it can be ultra ball fodder

I don't really play TCG one but as far as i can tell i cant really play my own list on it.

This list was built to match my playstyles but the cards that i want to put in but cant find the space include

Lysadre

Float stone

Super rod

Also i wrote this under the notion that if trev , wobb and vally was in standard this deck could be used in standard so i forgot a lot of stuff

Back