'Trevenant-GX Box' in October!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, May 2, 2019.

1. Animegamer420 Aspiring Trainer
    Animegamer420

And its never phantom forces or flash fire
    Just the steam seige trash fire
    They didnt put black and white packs in the x y stuff >:-(

2. VeeCombee Aspiring Trainer
    VeeCombee

*stares at steam siege* surely they have to run out of these soon.

3. Atrac059 Aspiring Trainer
    Atrac059

I think the point would be that, on their next turn, they would swap out that Pokemon (say a GX) with a non GX. Then you get the 1 prizer, but completely disarm their main attacker.

4. DKQuagmire Who else but Quagsire?
    DKQuagmire

the first thing i notice is the fudging steam siege booster pack.

who the fudge wants a booster pack from a 3-4 year old set that rotated out of standard like 2 years ago!

5. zzzeraora Aspiring Trainer
    zzzeraora

JUST MAKE XY "THROWBACK PACK" PRODUCTS! STOP SHOVING XY DOWN OUR THROATS! DAMNIT....Jesus, goddamnit....stop!

6. ShatterSt0rm Aspiring Trainer
    ShatterSt0rm

My interest in this promo box set was trying to use the card with Mimikyu & Gengar GX to create a Halloween Themed deck. Too bad it's going going to come out early enough for that. Don't know if it would be very competative, but it would be a cool themed deck. Haha. :)

7. iGeek256 I only use Electric types
    iGeek256

This + Red Card in Mew3 for expanded...

8. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

If they switched out then no Pokémon would be knocked out (the effect is on the Pokémon, not on the player), assuming the text is correct. But the rest of your point stands, you'd be disarming their main attacker and slowing them down at a crucial time.

9. look at that damn sexy steam siege booster, just what ive always wanted

Animegamer420 likes this.
  10. DarkMatterGaming "Wait, he's not dead?"
    DarkMatterGaming

How many XY packs did they print?!

bbb888 likes this.
  11. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

12. Poke_collector Aspiring Trainer
    Poke_collector

This now makes it viable in MewMew decks

13. DarkMatterGaming "Wait, he's not dead?"
    DarkMatterGaming

Still obnoxious.

14. OVERGRO Pokemon is lyfe.
    OVERGRO

Can someone explain why people are saying this is good for MewMew decks? Like as an alternate attacker, or to be copied? And why?

15. Duo Dreaming of a Milotic V/V-MAX
    Duo

Mewtwo & Mew's ability allows it to use the attacks of any other GX Pokemon that's either on your bench OR in your discard pile which I assume you already know.

This gives Mewtwo & Mew access to a very highly disruptive attack on top of the other things it runs in its kit (like Latios GX for anti-tag team).

A Welder-based Mewtwo & Mew deck running Reshizard and a bunch of other toolbox Pokemon proved to be one of the better builds, but granted Trevenant & Dusknoir requires all Psychic energy for its first attack, this opens the door for Malamar-based Mewtwo & Mew decks to "take the lead" focusing on Psychic energy acceleration and disruption.

The GX attack is also arguably better than Espeon and Deoxys GX's since the energy costs are substantially lower for the full effect, but the trade off is that you aren't getting an immediate KO and your opponent can play Switch and knockout a 1 prize utility Pokemon (like a Malamar) instead.

The other benefit to it is that you have a Psychic Pokemon that isn't weak to Psychic, so you can front line it even if you don't have Jirachi in play and you aren't ever afraid of Power Plant vs. other Psychic attackers because of it. This also makes Trevenant & Dusknoir GX + Power Plant a pretty powerful deck in its own right for the very same reason.

AngryBokoblin and bbb888 like this.
  16. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

As I said earlier: If they switched out then no Pokémon would be knocked out (the effect is on the Pokémon, not on the player), assuming the text is correct (it would say "At the end of your opponent's next turn, their Active Pokémon will be knocked out" or similar otherwise - the Defending Pokémon refers specifically to the _now_ active Pokémon, so it's an effect on the Pokémon not on the player). Otherwise generally agree with your post.

Duo likes this.
  17. KeoKeo Aspiring Trainer
    KeoKeo

Some decks don't play switch now a days, and without energies (assuming you're using the plus effect of the GX), heavy ttgxes won't be able to get out of the way in time.
    Admittedly it's not useful all the time, but the GX attack, (combined with its disruption) could be pretty useful at times.
    (also TT2 GX attack on a TTGX would be funny, cause it's in itself a disruption - get your mon out of active or pay)

18. snoopy369 Aspiring Trainer
    snoopy369

Advanced Member Member

Yep - I do think that if this becomes common (say, as part of Mew Toolbox) switch will go back to being a staple in decks (plus a way to find a switch!)...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  19. Matthew the Fairy Lover The Lover of everything Fairy
    Matthew the Fairy Lover

Double Custom Catcher and Pale Moon GX is hilarious.

20. xTITAN Training Aspirer
    xTITAN

Seems really mediocre. The first attack is good, but Mally is the only deck that can use it, and the GX attack sucks.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?