• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Trevenant Garbodor Zoroark GX

Zzrrdd

Aspiring Trainer
Hi,

So I've got a league cup coming up this weekend, and I don't actually have that many cards to work with. Don't usually go to IRL tournaments so scraping together a deck with the cards I have has proven challenging. However, I thought this deck seemed like a fun mix of disruption, consistency and decent damage.

****** Trevenant Garbodor SUM-DRM ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 2 Trevenant GRI 7
* 2 Phantump GRI 6
* 3 Trubbish GRI 50
* 2 Garbodor GRI 51
* 2 Zoroark-GX PR-SM SM84
* 2 Zorua SLG 52
* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31

##Trainer Cards - 37

* 4 Tate & Liza CES 148
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Copycat CES 127
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Crushing Hammer SUM 115
* 4 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 4 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 2 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Lillie SUM 122
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Bodybuilding Dumbbells BUS 113

##Energy - 8

* 4 Psychic Energy SUM 168
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SLG 69

This does feel like a worse version of zorogarb initally, but I think it has quite a lot going for it. As you can probably tell, the concept is to force your opponent into a tight spot, as they can't hold onto items as it powers up trevenant, but at the same time they don't want to throw them out because of garb. If all else fails, zoroark can still dish out decent damage plus provides consistency with its ability. In my testing, this deck seems pretty decent. It is often tricky as, aside from zoroark, the damage output is almost entirely in my opponents control. The theory is that even if I'm not doing much damage, I will be discarding energy whilst potentially tanking 2HKOs with dumbbells attached. Where I struggle most is against decks like malamar and vikavolt, where they accelerate a load of energy on and just sweep the board. Is there a way to help these matchups, or should I just go with it and hope I'm against zoroark and buzz shrine all day. Or should I just go back to the drawing board? Any edits to suggest would be appreciated, though bare in mind I might not have the card you suggest XD

Back