Trade thread?

PokeGuru

The loneliest hobo...
You guys think it'd be a good idea to implement a trade thread here, like on the PokeGym?

Might be helpful for people to get more of the cards they want. Obvious possible risks include card losses but if the Gym's able to cope with it, then we should be able to cope?

What's your opinion on it?

~PokeGuru

I think it's a good idea. But it'd have to be forum not a thread. :p Anyway, it'd be a great way for people to finish sets and get the cards they need. Although there are risks I think it would be a nice idea. Also to prevent getting blamed for bad trades, card not coming ect. PokeBeach would need to put up a disclaimer.

its a risky idea because you cant really trust the person whether or not they are going to send the card. So i dont think its a really good idea to make a post thread about it.

RE:  Trade thread?

Gardevoir88 said:
its a risky idea because you cant really trust the person whether or not they are going to send the card. So i dont think its a really good idea to make a post thread about it.

I still like the idea. Sometimes good thing come with risks. But hopefully everyone will have good morals and trade fair.

Gardevoir88: It's a rather common practice; the Pokegym does the same thing, and I don't think a person would be traded with, let alone here, if they were bad traders.

The risks are known, loss of cards via mail or by rippers, but the trust system worked on the PokeGym, and no-one really wants to get a rep as a ripper. Could be of use to some to get cards needed for decks/collections.

Dosen't it seem somewhat unessesary to have the system here, when there are plenty of people at the Pokegym doing it? I'm sure it would attract people if it were popular, but I personally don't really see the point of people going to a less-popular forum in order to make trades. But I guess it can't hurt as long as we have people agree to not blame Pokebeach for any problems :p

Well, if no-one blames the Gym for the rips that occur there every so often (which in all honesty, they shouldn't - it's the ripper that should be given the blame in 99.9% of cases) then it should be okay to do one here.

Besides, more peaceful 'round these parts. =D

Porygon said:
Dosen't it seem somewhat unessesary to have the system here, when there are plenty of people at the Pokegym doing it? I'm sure it would attract people if it were popular, but I personally don't really see the point of people going to a less-popular forum in order to make trades. But I guess it can't hurt as long as we have people agree to not blame Pokebeach for any problems :p

I agree. Other sites have trading Posts, so why do we need it here? Also, I am much more comfortable trading on a site whereeverybody knows everyone else face2face and are in the same country, such as on PokemonUnderground (ask Guru), the new, upcoming UK site.

Well, I still think I'd be more conveinent to have one here. Because personally I don't prefur PokeGym and my other forum doesn't have a trading forum. So I'd like to see one here. I mean what if someone HERE has a card you need? Then just set up a fair deal in the trading forum. Then you won't have to meet up with this person at PokeGym or over AIM or something just to trade. You can find them right here anytime to arrange things.

I agree with the trade thread since they remade this forum i joined and now this is the only site i use for pokemon since its the only site ive found that has everything so far ive just been dealing with ebay for buying/selling of cards but i hope that this site has a trade forum

MagneticStorm said:
I agree with the trade thread since they remade this forum i joined and now this is the only site i use for pokemon since its the only site ive found that has everything so far ive just been dealing with ebay for buying/selling of cards but i hope that this site has a trade forum

See this situation I can relate to, this is exactly why we need a trading forum.

Well, since so many of you asked here you go. And play nice, we wouldn't want this going as quickly as it came, now do we? ;)

Back