Toys R Us 'Pokemon Day' Only for Kids

I need the Karp, or I will murder someone. TRU better let me in so I can get Shaymins from scrubs. I hav shiny Blastoise, eggs, and energy retrieval, so I should get by.

Toys R Us employee here.

Literally not a single person will care if you're a kid or not. Just go and ask, tell 'em you're a collector or something. If someone gives you a hard time, ask for a manager. Managers will bend over backwards to make customers happy, it's ridiculous (granted in this case it's not a big deal whatsoever).

For those of you going, this will be happening in one of two locations:

- Right at the entrance, can't miss it. For events like this there's usually a table set up right at the front door.
- In the back area where the video games are. Same deal, look for a table.

Just be aware, they're typically pretty strict when it comes to limits on how much a single customer can take. Don't get mad, there's gotta be enough for everyone.

Luckily I live in Canada so I won't have to deal with worrying about the limitations. I just hope we get the 151 Poster too...

how-do-you-do-fellow-kids_1441139446.gif

You could also just tell them you're getting them for sibling, child, etc. because they're sick if they give you a hard time.

ToysRUs.ca listed what all the upcoming promos are:

"Pokemon 20th Anniversary

Celebrate 20 years of Pokémon with FREE TCG card giveaways!

Starting on February 27, 2016 visit your local store on select dates to get a FREE Exclusive foil card
from the 20th TCG expansion, Generations!

February 27th (Pokemon Day) – Pikachu Character Card
March 19th – Tangela Character Card
April 23rd – Magikarp Character Card
May 21st – Geodude Character Card
June 18th – Clefairy Character Card
July 16th – Pontya Character Card
August 20th – Meowth Character Card
September 17th – Slowpoke Character Card

*In store only. No purchase necessary. One per customer. While supplies last.
Cards available at Toys"R"Us Customer Service"

Toys R Us employee here.

Literally not a single person will care if you're a kid or not. Just go and ask, tell 'em you're a collector or something. If someone gives you a hard time, ask for a manager. Managers will bend over backwards to make customers happy, it's ridiculous (granted in this case it's not a big deal whatsoever).

For those of you going, this will be happening in one of two locations:

- Right at the entrance, can't miss it. For events like this there's usually a table set up right at the front door.
- In the back area where the video games are. Same deal, look for a table.

Just be aware, they're typically pretty strict when it comes to limits on how much a single customer can take. Don't get mad, there's gotta be enough for everyone.
Thank you for the info!

Gees,let the kids have them
You clearly have never met a set collector, or singular pokemon collectors. I personally collect Magikarp, Gyarados, Arcanine, and Growlithe, and will trade anything or get them by almost any way possible. Set collectors are even worse, they will go to probably different countries just to get a few cards. Besides, advertising 20 years of Pokémon to kids who don't know anything but Pikachu, instead of letting the actual people who have played Pokémon for 20 years is pretty dumb.

Clearly you haven't played vs Ancient Trait Gyarados! :D It's pretty niche, but its quite strong, especially with PoT release.

Gyarados that does 30 attack for each damage counter on a benched Magikarp, right? Helloooo, fighting fury belt +40HP! Now to find ways to get 60 HP of damage to a benched karp on purpose really fast...

I collect Magikarp, so I'll have to ask my friend to get them for me. I'll let her keep the Pikachu. :T

I asked Toys r us personally via facebook and they said I could so participate. ^w^ Can't stop me ever! MUAHAHAHA!

Back