• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Toxic Injection (Naganadel GX and Psychic Beasts)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
TOXIC INJECTION
naganadel.png

Pokémon (14):
  • 1 Dawn Wing Necrizma GX (beatdown)
  • 1 Dawn Wing Necrozma (beatdown)
  • 1 Dusk Mane Necrozma (beatdown)
  • 2 Ultra Necrozma GX (beatdown)
  • 3 Naganadel GX (beatdown)
  • 4 Poipole SM5+ (evolution)
  • 2 Tapu Lele GX (search)
Trainer (32)
  • 3 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 1 Bridgette (search)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 3 Cynthia (draw)
  • 3 N (draw)
  • 2 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 3 Choice Band (beatdown)
  • 4 Beast Ring (accelerate)
  • 2 Field Blower (control)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 3 Altar of the Moone (retreat)
Energy (14):
  • 8 Psychic Energy
  • 2 Metal Energy
  • 1 Beast Energy
  • 3 Unit Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with either Dawn Wing Necrozma or Poipole and set up with Bridgette to fill the bench with Ultra Beasts. Next turn evolve into Naganadel GX and use Beast Ride. Once Naganadel GX has been defeated use Beast Ring to fuel Ultra Necrozma GX and other Ultra Beast cards. Attack with Photon Geyser to ohko the defender with Choice Band. Dawn Wing Necrozma GX enables the entire team to retreat for free and Dusk Mane Necrozma is an excellent cleaner once the opponent has one prize card remaining.

Last edited:

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi TheR3DX,

Thanks for the review. The main reason to use Dawn Wing Necrozma is to have a non-GX ultra Beast to fuel Naganadel GX while sitting on the bench. I do not want more than one Tapu Lele GX since once it has been used it also reduces Naganadel's damage output.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
This seems almost a little clunky... Idk what it is.

I've always been in the opinion that if this was ever a deck, it needs to have all the Ultra Beasts, regardless of typing, because you can just use Rainbow Energy to power up the mixed type attack costs. Now I know this deck is particularly focused on the psychic realm of the UB'S, so I will make a few suggestions.

- 1 Psychic Energy (9 is a little much, 8 is much better)
- 1 Dawn Wings Necrozma (I'll explain)
- 1 Professor Sycamore (4 is a litttle much, considering the other draw support you have)

+1 Rescue Stretcher (Always run two in case one gets discarded in any scenario, which happens, it can really stink.)
+ 2 Super Scoop Up (I remember you mentioning that Lele would take up bench space, here's a decent solution)
+ 1 Nihilego GX (Couldn't hurt to add one more)

I slightly disagree with @TheR3DX in saying Dawn Wings is trash, I mean it is, but it's a bench filler for Nagandel GX, but since it's just that, -1 of them is necessary.
Those are my additions/subtractions, so yah!

See ya!- AFEX

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Even if you only want one Tapu Lele on the bench you should have at least 2. You can't risk prizing one of them. Honestly though I don't think this deck can be viable until we have some kind of Ultra Beast draw support pokemon. 100 Damage for one energy is nice... But Golisopod does 120 for one energy (and has a much better restriction imo). The only other way I could see this being viable is if we get some new way to expand bench space (which considering the whole wormhole thing I could see that being a new Ultra Beast support Stadium).

It's too bad because I really like this Pokemon and it's GX attack. It can force a two prize game if it gets powered up quickly enough. If it just had the damage to truly capitalize on that it would be a monster.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi AFEX,

Thanks for the review. A second Rescue Stretcher indeed sounds nice. Not sure on Super Scoop Up. I do like the idea but I am not a fan of coin flips at all. I am still not pleased with the list and may wait to see what other non-GX Ultra Beasts we recieve in this expansion. If we receive a Buzzwole I could see a Fighting variant of Naganadel GX because Buzzwole GX would provide another decent attack and Naganadel GX can use any kind of energy for its two main attacks.

Hi Volkner123,

Dawn Wing Necrozma is in essence a non-GX that fills the bench for Beast Ride to be more effective. Having a non-GX taking up that role is much better than having to fill the bench with Pokémon GX and running into a Purple Zoroark variant to can hit them all for 100 with Necrozma GX.

Hi CaptZero,

Thanks for the review. Despite its limitation I still think Naganadel GX is an insane card. I am still looking for decent partners for Naganadel GX. The issue is that ten of them are neded and these ten partners should have someone able to ohko and all of them should share the same type of energy. If we get a non-GX Buzzwole he could be a great partner for Naganadel.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for the review. A second Rescue Stretcher indeed sounds nice. Not sure on Super Scoop Up. I do like the idea but I am not a fan of coin flips at all. I am still not pleased with the list and may wait to see what other non-GX Ultra Beasts we recieve in this expansion. If we receive a Buzzwole I could see a Fighting variant of Naganadel GX because Buzzwole GX would provide another decent attack and Naganadel GX can use any kind of energy for its two main attacks.

To be honest I think Buzzwole GX + Naganadel GX is a much better idea. Buzzwole GX can be your early game bruiser while Naganadel GX comes in as the clean up crew later. Use Dawn Wings Necrozma GX for maximum board mobility. The problem there though is still that the damage output is low. Like I said before 100 for one energy is great, but Golisopod GX is doing 120 for 1 (G). 120 is a much better number to hit as it two shots a large portion of the meta game without Choice Band.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
To be honest I think Buzzwole GX + Naganadel GX is a much better idea. Buzzwole GX can be your early game bruiser while Naganadel GX comes in as the clean up crew later. Use Dawn Wings Necrozma GX for maximum board mobility. The problem there though is still that the damage output is low. Like I said before 100 for one energy is great, but Golisopod GX is doing 120 for 1 (G). 120 is a much better number to hit as it two shots a large portion of the meta game without Choice Band.

I would love to run Naganadel GX in Buzzwole if we receive a non-GX version of Buzzwole to fuel Naganadel. With six Ultra Beasts on the board Naganadel Gx hits for 120 for a single colorless attachment. Can be a little more with Beast Energy and Choice Band. The snipe from Buzzwole GX is the main reason I want to run Naganadel with him. Dawn Wing Necrozma GX with Float Stone could be a decent tech in this deck but I would still want a non-GX Ultra Beast that can attack with Fighting Energy to partner it with Buzzwole GX.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi TheR3DX,

Do like the idea to run Buzzwole GX as an assistance attacker. He was my first consideration but it is hard to find a non-GX Ultra Beast partner to have a total of ten Basic Pokémon Ultra Beasts to fuel Beast Ride. I do like Dusk Mane Necrozma a lot but not entire sure on him. The first attack does not hit for weakness even when you choose to hit the active. I can see it as a perfect tech in Metal Silvally decks but not sure on it in this deck. Guess we will have to wait and see what other non-GX Ultra Beasts we receive in this set. I also agree on Bridgette. Pokémon Fan Club was only there for Nihilego GX since I wanted a total of ten Basic Ultra Beasts in this deck. I think that Naganadel GX is rather versatile since its main attacks are colorless but all the other Ultra Beasts are rather specific regarding their energy costs. Psychic had the largest arsenal of different Ultra Beasts besides Metal and the currently available Metal Ultra Beasts need much more acceleration and retreat assistance than can be provided in a Naganadel deck. For that reason I initially settled for Psychic but if we recieve a non-GX Buzzwole with a decent attack the Fighting version sure is much more appealing with a tech Dark Wing Necrozma GX for the retreat assiatance.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Hi AFEX,

I also am not a big fan of coin flips but I saw it as the only option when you said Lele was taking up bench space, I'll let you know when I come across something else.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
While it can force a two prize game the best way to use the GX attack isn't to bring yourself down to 3 prizes but to bring your opponent back up to 3 forcing them to play for even more prizes.

I disagree, I think both methods of using this GX attack are equally viable. It really depends on the scenario.

IMO Dusk Mane is better, I'll explain after I make some other changes. Firstly lets address the elephant in the room, at the current moment if there is no more UB support this will just be a worse version of MRay with more risk and less reward. As for the GX attack you should mostly be using it to increase your opponent's prize cards, once you use the GX attack both players are at 3 prizes and you now have a GX as your active.

I think comparing this the MRay is a little short sighted. MRay had to rely on the Mega Evolution mechanic which meant you needed to play Links to effectively use Mega Ray. Naganadel GX is also a less costly attack so you aren't required to fish up a DCE to attack. Then there's the versatile GX attack that could easily close out a game incredibly quickly before most of these setup decks could even blink.

Any Psychic type that can swing for 110 will 1hko Nagan. Trashalanche only needs 6 item cards (4 if Garb has Choice Band) to take a 2 Prize KO now leaving you scrambling as you need to take 3 Prize cards.

I mean... yeah... and Gardy dies to any Metal pokemon that does 120 or more. I miss your point? Garb isn't as big lately as it was before.

I would love to run Naganadel GX in Buzzwole if we receive a non-GX version of Buzzwole to fuel Naganadel. With six Ultra Beasts on the board Naganadel Gx hits for 120 for a single colorless attachment. Can be a little more with Beast Energy and Choice Band. The snipe from Buzzwole GX is the main reason I want to run Naganadel with him. Dawn Wing Necrozma GX with Float Stone could be a decent tech in this deck but I would still want a non-GX Ultra Beast that can attack with Fighting Energy to partner it with Buzzwole GX.

I fail to see why you would need a non-GX Buzzwole? Any Ultra Beast will do, so if you're play Naganadel GX (which you'll generally have at least two in play) Buzzwole GX, and Dawn Wings Necrozma GX you have as full a board as you can get without there being a draw support Ultra Beast. Even if there were a draw support ultra beast though you'd probably still want at least one Tapu Lele GX for it's versatility. I understand you want a non-GX attacker, but I really don't think it's necessary to make sure it's a Beast since you'd only be using it the bust through Alolan Ninetales and Hoopa.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
If you could elaborate on why Wings is better used of Mane. They both power your main attacker and realistically you're never going to be in a position where using Wings is a better idea than using Nagan. If you're already to the point of your opponent doing damage to you then you should have at least one Nagan and some other UB on the bench and you'll be out damaging Wings and after your first KO Wings is completely useless. Buzz is way better than Nihil because of the fact that Buzz can do something once its on the field and gives you an answer to Zoro/Silvally. Bridgette is way better in every case, you can grab Wings GX for your switches, Buzz if you need the fighting coverage or want to soften up the bench, Mane if you want to snipe GX, Poipole to evolve. The whole point of this deck is to get UB on the field so Nagan can damage. You still have 10 UB with my changes and the Pokemon I suggest adding are more than just a same typed bench sitter

Hi TheR3DX,

In the current version Dawn Wing Necrozma at least can attack and take out a Safe Guard Pokémon or force a seven prize game. However I do prefer the Buzzwole Gx variant and will take several of the modifications you proposed. I merely want to wait and see if we receive a non-GX Ultra Beast that either attacks for colorless or fighting energy to take two slots in this deck. Ideally I would love to balance the number of Ultra Beat GX and Ultra Beast non-GX since Necrozma Gx is rather common around here. As mentioned above Pokémon Fan Club will become Bridgette since we already all agreed to remove Nihilego Gx in favor of Buzzwole GX. I currently even consider to cut Dawn Wing Necrozma Gx down to one snce he is only there for the ability. Here is a first draft i have in mind for the fighting version but i am still waiting for more non-GX Ultra Beasts to be revealed. Here is a quick draft of an alternate version I am considering but it is essentially unfinished because I want the non-Gx Ultra Beast to at least be able to attack without compromising deck stability by forcing me to run special energy to fulfill its attack cost.

TOXIC INJECTION

naganadel.png

Pokémon (14):
  • 3 Buzzwole GX (beatdown)
  • [2 non-GX Ultra Beast]
  • 1 Tapu Lele GX (search)
Trainer (33)
  • 4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 1 Bridgette (search)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 3 Cynthia (draw)
  • 3 N (draw)
  • 3 Float Stone (free retreat)
  • 4 Max Elixir (accelerate)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
Energy (13):
  • 9 Fighting Energy
  • 3 Strong Energy
  • 1 Beast Energy

Hi AFEX,

Thanks for the review. I understand where the idea to run Super Scoop Up comes from an in fact it is more fitting that Acerola in this deck but I have not been lucky with coin flips and thus hesitate to take that route. At the moment I think i will have to wait for more non-Ultra Beasts to be revealed to see whether there are options to have a bench sitter that can at least be occasionally useful.

Hi CaptZero,

I fail to see why you would need a non-GX Buzzwole? Any Ultra Beast will do, so if you're play Naganadel GX (which you'll generally have at least two in play) Buzzwole GX, and Dawn Wings Necrozma GX you have as full a board as you can get without there being a draw support Ultra Beast. Even if there were a draw support ultra beast though you'd probably still want at least one Tapu Lele GX for it's versatility. I understand you want a non-GX attacker, but I really don't think it's necessary to make sure it's a Beast since you'd only be using it the bust through Alolan Ninetales and Hoopa.

You hit it right in the nail there. in the ideal case I want the non-GX Ultra Beast to fuel Naganadel GX and be able to attack to take out Safe Guard Pokémon or force a seven prize game. A non-Gx version of Buzzwole would still hit a lot of relevant Pokémon for weakness (incl. Silvally GX, Zoroark GX and Drampa GX) while taking care of Safe Guard Pokémon. If the attack is at least decent he may be even able to force a seven prize game.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Hi TheR3DX,

In the current version Dawn Wing Necrozma at least can attack and take out a Safe Guard Pokémon or force a seven prize game. However I do prefer the Buzzwole Gx variant and will take several of the modifications you proposed. I merely want to wait and see if we receive a non-GX Ultra Beast that either attacks for colorless or fighting energy to take two slots in this deck. Ideally I would love to balance the number of Ultra Beat GX and Ultra Beast non-GX since Necrozma Gx is rather common around here. As mentioned above Pokémon Fan Club will become Bridgette since we already all agreed to remove Nihilego Gx in favor of Buzzwole GX. I currently even consider to cut Dawn Wing Necrozma Gx down to one snce he is only there for the ability. Here is a first draft i have in mind for the fighting version but i am still waiting for more non-GX Ultra Beasts to be revealed. Here is a quick draft of an alternate version I am considering but it is essentially unfinished because I want the non-Gx Ultra Beast to at least be able to attack without compromising deck stability by forcing me to run special energy to fulfill its attack cost.

TOXIC INJECTION

naganadel.png

Pokémon (14):
  • 3 Buzzwole GX (beatdown)
  • [2 non-GX Ultra Beast]
  • 1 Tapu Lele GX (search)
Trainer (33)
  • 4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 1 Bridgette (search)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 3 Cynthia (draw)
  • 3 N (draw)
  • 3 Float Stone (free retreat)
  • 4 Max Elixir (accelerate)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
Energy (13):
  • 9 Fighting Energy
  • 3 Strong Energy
  • 1 Beast Energy

Hi AFEX,

Thanks for the review. I understand where the idea to run Super Scoop Up comes from an in fact it is more fitting that Acerola in this deck but I have not been lucky with coin flips and thus hesitate to take that route. At the moment I think i will have to wait for more non-Ultra Beasts to be revealed to see whether there are options to have a bench sitter that can at least be occasionally useful.

Hi CaptZero,

You hit it right in the nail there. in the ideal case I want the non-GX Ultra Beast to fuel Naganadel GX and be able to attack to take out Safe Guard Pokémon or force a seven prize game. A non-Gx version of Buzzwole would still hit a lot of relevant Pokémon for weakness (incl. Silvally GX, Zoroark GX and Drampa GX) while taking care of Safe Guard Pokémon. If the attack is at least decent he may be even able to force a seven prize game.

Don't forget Xurkitree is coming in SM5+ as a normal UB, So are the other UB's I think. For now you can do this

-1 Dusk Wings Necrozma

+1 Dusk Mane Necrozma

Dusk Mane has a pretty good first attack if everything goes awry.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi folks,

Thanks for all the assistance. Modified the deck a little and decided to combine Metal and Psychic attackers to assist Naganadel GX with a focus on non-GX Ultra beasts.