• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Toxapex GX competition deck-advice?

Pat Stoddard

Aspiring Trainer
Seviper x2
Poipole x3
Toxapex GX x3
Marenie x3
Oranguru x1
Naganadel x2
Naganadel GX x1

Pokémon communication x1
Cynthia x3
Looker x2
Switch x1
Spell Tag x1
Nest ball x2
Max potion x1
Olivia x1
Ultra ball x2
Wishful Baton x2
Last chance potion x1
Energy retrieval x2
Guzma x1
Peeking red card x2
Pokémon fan club x2
Timer ball x1
Choice helmet x1
Prof kukui x2
Hau x2

Psychic energy x12
Double colorless energy x2
Counter energy x1

I really feel the trainers are a mess. I think I need more specific draw support. More draw energy or Pokémon and not just something like “top three cards” or something similar.

Yes, your trainers are certainly a mess.
-2 Looker
-2 Hau
-1 Spell Tag
-1 Max Potion
-1 Olivia
-1 Last Chance Potion
-2 Energy Retrieval
-2 Peeking Red Card
-1 Choice Helmet
-2 Professor Kukui
-1 Counter Energy
-2 DCE
-2 Pokémon Fan Club

These cards don’t function with the deck correctly because:
Looker and Hau should never be in any deck (some exceptions apply).
You only need 1 tool, and that’s Wishful Baton. Honestly, I wouldn’t have thought of that being here.
And otherwise, these cards are just random. If you have space, Acro Bike, Order Pad, and Judge Whistle are the way to go.
Sorry, but that’s how the hand is drawn.

Also, I don’t think Naganadel is the right choice here. You’d much rather be using Malamar, something with 1 retreat, and Escape Board. Jirachi, if you could get some, but please don’t waste your money on those. I’d suggest Goomy FLI, Rayquaza GRI, or Kartana GX CIN, or Jirachi TUP if you can get your hands on some.
-3 Poipole
-1 Naganadel GX
-2 Naganadel

Here’s what I’d do:
+3 Inkay
+3 Malamar
+3 1 Retreat Cost Pokémon

+1 Wishful Baton
+3 Escape Board
+2 Nest Ball
+2 Ultra Ball
+2 Timer Ball
+1 Cynthia
+3 Lillie
+3 Guzma

That’s what I’d do to make this deck as successful as possible. I otherwise can’t think of anything I’d change.
I really want to see you succeed with this. Please do.
Good luck!
(If you can’t find all the cards, that’s fine, but sub-optimal.)

I agree with Lord goomy for the most part, better trainers and malamar are a must. However, in my opinion you need a stadium, and wish baton is less necessary in malamar. Spell tag on the other hand really helps hit numbers, and even lets you take extra kos vs lost march, gyrados, and ditto. I would say the sevipers can go in favor of spell tag, maybe add another guru, and if I were trying this, I'd want some hand disruption. Marshadow works, but morty is cheap and can shuffle those guzmas and switches back so they can't avoid the poison KO. Lavender town can work with morty, or altar of the moone fixes retreat cost.

Back