1. When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Toxapex GX competition deck-advice?

Discussion in 'PTCG Deck Garage' started by Pat Stoddard, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Pat Stoddard Aspiring Trainer
    Pat Stoddard

Seviper x2
    Poipole x3
    Toxapex GX x3
    Marenie x3
    Oranguru x1
    Naganadel x2
    Naganadel GX x1

Pokémon communication x1
    Cynthia x3
    Looker x2
    Switch x1
    Spell Tag x1
    Nest ball x2
    Max potion x1
    Olivia x1
    Ultra ball x2
    Wishful Baton x2
    Last chance potion x1
    Energy retrieval x2
    Guzma x1
    Peeking red card x2
    Pokémon fan club x2
    Timer ball x1
    Choice helmet x1
    Prof kukui x2
    Hau x2

Psychic energy x12
    Double colorless energy x2
    Counter energy x1

I really feel the trainers are a mess. I think I need more specific draw support. More draw energy or Pokémon and not just something like “top three cards” or something similar.

2. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

Yes, your trainers are certainly a mess.
    -2 Looker
    -2 Hau
    -1 Spell Tag
    -1 Max Potion
    -1 Olivia
    -1 Last Chance Potion
    -2 Energy Retrieval
    -2 Peeking Red Card
    -1 Choice Helmet
    -2 Professor Kukui
    -1 Counter Energy
    -2 DCE
    -2 Pokémon Fan Club

These cards don’t function with the deck correctly because:
    Looker and Hau should never be in any deck (some exceptions apply).
    You only need 1 tool, and that’s Wishful Baton. Honestly, I wouldn’t have thought of that being here.
    And otherwise, these cards are just random. If you have space, Acro Bike, Order Pad, and Judge Whistle are the way to go.
    Sorry, but that’s how the hand is drawn.

Also, I don’t think Naganadel is the right choice here. You’d much rather be using Malamar, something with 1 retreat, and Escape Board. Jirachi, if you could get some, but please don’t waste your money on those. I’d suggest Goomy FLI, Rayquaza GRI, or Kartana GX CIN, or Jirachi TUP if you can get your hands on some.
    -3 Poipole
    -1 Naganadel GX
    -2 Naganadel

Here’s what I’d do:
    +3 Inkay
    +3 Malamar
    +3 1 Retreat Cost Pokémon

+1 Wishful Baton
    +3 Escape Board
    +2 Nest Ball
    +2 Ultra Ball
    +2 Timer Ball
    +1 Cynthia
    +3 Lillie
    +3 Guzma

That’s what I’d do to make this deck as successful as possible. I otherwise can’t think of anything I’d change.
    I really want to see you succeed with this. Please do.
    Good luck!
    (If you can’t find all the cards, that’s fine, but sub-optimal.)

Deathfinch likes this.
  3. rewster1 Aspiring Trainer
    rewster1

I agree with Lord goomy for the most part, better trainers and malamar are a must. However, in my opinion you need a stadium, and wish baton is less necessary in malamar. Spell tag on the other hand really helps hit numbers, and even lets you take extra kos vs lost march, gyrados, and ditto. I would say the sevipers can go in favor of spell tag, maybe add another guru, and if I were trying this, I'd want some hand disruption. Marshadow works, but morty is cheap and can shuffle those guzmas and switches back so they can't avoid the poison KO. Lavender town can work with morty, or altar of the moone fixes retreat cost.

Lord Goomy likes this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?