Pokemon Top 3 Official Pokemon That Should've Been Legendaries

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
I'll go first.

Wailord - Simply because largest pokemon, shouldn't have evolved from Wailmer.
Lucario - This pokemon seems to have the aura of legendary pokemon, even in one movie, but just fall short, shouldn't have evolved from Riolu. Instead Riolu should have been a related pokemon in mass whose leader should be the legendary Lucario.
Hawlucha - Not sure about this one except it looks like it's a legendary wrestler on top of a mountain, training. that's how I imagine it.

Big shout out to Lapras, Farfetched and Tauros as contenders. These three along with Ditto, are the only non legendary (for me legendary and mythical are the same) gen 1 pokemon that don't evolve from or to anything to this day (please, correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd like to know your top 3.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
#1) Volcarona. Everything about it screams Legendary, barring Larvesta. I love moths (especially big fuzzy ones), but I don't really like the idea of using it because it feels too much like a Legendary (I generally try to avoid Legendaries for realistic reasons).

#2) Arcanine. Its species, Pokédex entry, and a tablet in the anime all point to it being Legendary.

#3) I completely agree with Lucario. I believe I read somewhere that Lucario was originally intended to be Legendary, but I can't remember if the source was legit/reliable.

Honorable mention: Like Lucario, Zoroark is one of the few non-Legendary/Mythical Pokémon to get its own movie. Plus, it had its own event.

Last edited:

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
#1 - Volcarona
Incredibly high stats, the way it's encountered, I legitimately thought Volcarona was legendary when I first fought it.

#2 - Absol
I think it's Pokédex entry sums it up, in that it's life span is over 100 years, and only talks to humans to warn them of danger.

#3 - Unown
Sure there are lots of them but their ability to warp reality is incredible. They also can't breed.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
1) Volcarona - from the moment I first saw it I was sure it was a legendary until I found out it wasn't. High stats, found in a particular location at a high level.

2) I agree with everyone that said Lucario; it has a very legendary 'feel' about it. Having its own movie and often being shown as an equal of Legendary Pokemon don't help.

3) Golurk; it's ancient, protected people and Pokemon, and it has the whole 'internal energy being contained within a seal' thing; all things which could very easily be worked into a legendary Pokemon's history.

Honorable mentions:
Arcanine (being shown with the 3 birds in the anime, being classified as the 'Legendary Pokemon')
Lapras (this is kinda long winded, but it being based on the infamous Loch Ness Monster, I could see something working about it being mythical)

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
1) Spiritomb - When I was younger, I used to think Spiritomb was a legendary, mainly because it was hard to obtain and because it looked like one (to me). Now that I know it isn't, I still think it could've been one with the lore behind it.

2) Lucario - For all the mentioned reasons.

3) Absol (Mega) - I think Absol (and moreso Mega Absol) have a very regal and legendary look to it. That and the lore behind it being a "preventor"/"bringer" of disasters.

Honorable mentions:
Rotom - Another one I thought was legendary, again due to it being hard to find. Also, it got 5 event exclusive forms in Platinum (not so event exclusive but still).
Arcanine - "The Legendary Pokemon" and also shown with the three birds in the anime-
Unown - It's role in the third movie is what comes to mind, but they aren't really that good at all in the games.

Clefairykin

Aspiring Trainer
1. Lucario. They could have done the Diancie and Carbink logic from the movie in regards to Riolu, but nope!
2. Absol deserves to be a legendary, especially since it comes to humans to warn them of disasters.
3. Unown as well. Really and truly, any Pokemon that gets some representation in a movie should be considered a legendary.

Nyora

A Cat
Arcanine - The LEGENDARY Pokémon.
Unown - What everyone else said
Gyarados - Evolving legend, highly glorified, desevers to be legendary.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
1. Lucario, see above.
2. Unown, because it seems a invent and has this aura of mystery around it.
3. Absol. It seems like it is the mythical deity that brings warnings of disasters.
Just realized this is exactly what Clefairykin said.
The more, the merrier.

OzoneFruit

Itz ya boi Goozma
  1. Flygon should have been AT LEAST Pseudo.
  2. Rotom: It had the theme, why not the status? :p
  3. Unown: What other people said, heck, I thought they were legendary until I got Soul Silver thanks to the third movie. XD

A Dragon of Destiny

The Ultimate Dragon
1. Silvally: Baring evolution *cough*Solgaleo*cough*Lunala*cough* I think it should be a legendary, partially because of it's ability to fight Ultra Beasts, but also because it is a weaker manmade Arceus.
2.Wishiwashi: I know it's a Totem Pokémon, but the max 620 stats and form change, fits into the category of legendary. With its small form, Wishiwashi has a Phione/Manaphy relationship.
3. Spiritomb/Rotom: I couldn't find any other unmentioned Pokémon, so those with a legendary backstory/event should be so.

Honorable mentions: Any other mentioned Pokémon plus Cryoganal, Unova love and sadness.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
1.Slaking-stat total 640 and slakoth/vigoroth were pushovers
2.Arceus-it's a god
3.Mew-carries entire Pokemon genetic code
Honorable mentions:
4.Ditto-can transform into anything
5.Victini-is living power thirst

Last edited: