Top 16 Philadelphia Regionals

ApachePrime

Aspiring Trainer
1-0 after 6-0ing a darkrai/hydreigon. Started Terrakion. Turn 3 darkrai knock out. He drops Shaymin, whiffs on the blend and catcher rebirth switch ko. He hits me for 90 and I retreat into a land crush FTW.

2-0 after a great game against a good eels pilot. Came down to 2 prizes to my 1. Catcher emolga FTW. Lunch break.

2-1 just played the worst kind of person. Those who cant yugioh try pokemon. Angle shooting the wholllllle time. Also he said "I activate ..." before EVERY CARD HE PLAYED. He told me "I need to see your field, don't play with your elbows touching the table" no less than 3 times per turn. I random receivered and flipped an N and said "I'll play it." And he called a judge trying to get a prize because I didn't shuffle after the random receiver. The judge wasn't having it. Empoleon/Accelgor. After I draw only Ho-oh's, and taking 4 prizes(3 catchers for Accelgors and 1 Piplup early), I can't overcome weakness. Opponent continues to try to talk to me all day, despite my completely rude refusal to shake his hand and "No, it really wasn't." response to his "Good Game." This game was a nightmare.

Lunch: Philly Cheesesteaks.

3-1 after playing the awesome Jimmy O'Brien. Seems like we play every time I travel. We had a great game, and it came down to one prize.

4-1 despite going up against a Garbodor. The Entei with it made it a little easier. I had a Ho-oh swinging before he could get any Energy on it, and took out both of his Garbos. Smart use of Tool Scrapper and Sigilyph were clutch.

5-1 after playing Adam Capriola of http://google.com/. The match was not good for him, as he drew nothing. I started Terrakion against his Mewtwo/Tynamo. Fished for the fighting energy, but ended up not needing it until late game.

6-1 after donking Ryan Sabelhaus, coming back from my worst start by playing 3 Ultra Ball and a Juniper in one turn to retreat a Shaymin and KO a lone Sableye.

7-1 after playing Ben Potter from TheTopCut.net. He missed a crucial energy on a Juniper and the turn 2 Terrakion carried over 3 eels into a Ho-oh taking 3 prizes from a Rayquaza and Rayquaza EX.

8-1 another ray eels. Turn one 100.Top 32 down. Lost game one to a angle shoot. Turn one 100 damage other two games.

9-1 Top 32. Lost game one to a angle shoot on placing a Mewtwo (I would've done it too, it was the only thing he could do to get the game). Turn one 100 damage other two games.

Lost in top 16 to Ryan Sabelhaus. Karma is a cruel cruel mistress. 9-2 for the weekend for 12th place I believe. My match was recorded for TheTopCut.net but may not make it to the site. Ho-oh did not perform well for me against Ryan. 6 tails in a row on Rebirth hurts. I have to say, Ryan and I had the most fun playing. We joked back and forth the whole game, and if I had flipped better we might've gone to game 3. There was also a crucial Tool Scrapper that I played a turn too late that might've turned it around... but I didn't.

Landed at 12th, and had a GREAT weekend.

Props:
Met some AWESOME people. If I name anyone specifically, I'll miss people so if I talked to you at Regionals feel confident that you are qualified in my book as awesome(As long as I didn't play you round 3). :D
Philly is an awesome city.
Ho-oh.
Aaron Curry for breaking my "2 of every energy type" compulsion.
Random Ho-oh report I read that compelled me to play more than 1 Terrakion.

Slops:
My round 3 opponent and his awful attitude and personality.

Thanks a bundle for beating that Garbodor/Entei, because you made him play against me the round after and I was playing Empoleon lol. Congrats on doing well!

Ouch. That ruined his day. LoL He was a nice guy, and I liked the idea of his deck. I was amazed to find out he played no Max Potion. I'm also not sure he was playing enough tools, as after 1 tool scrapper he never got the lock back up.

Thanks for the congrats!

Back