• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Tomb Raider (Cofagrigus / Giratina / Marshadow)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
TOMB RAIDER

7c763629d9fe2fe63cf72aac096e666d--strongest-pokemon-gym.jpg

Pokémon (16):
  • 4 Cofagrigus SM7b (beatdown)
  • 1 Ditto Prism Star (evolution)
  • 4 Yanmask SM7b (evolution)
  • 4 Giratina SM7b (beatdown)
  • 1 Marshadow SM3 (disable)
  • 1 Nihilego SM8 (beatdown)
  • 1 Tapu Lele GX (search)
Trainer (32):
  • 3 Sightseer (draw)
  • 4 Guzma (control)
  • 4 Cynthia (draw)
  • 3 Lillie (draw)
  • 4 Mysterious Treasure (search)
  • 2 Rescue Stretcher (retrieval)
  • 4 Spell Tag (beatdown)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 1 Switch (retreat)
  • 3 Shrine of Punishment (beatdown)
Energy (12):
  • 4 Counter Energy
  • 8 Psychic Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with Yanmask and search out Giratina with Mysterious Treasure and Ultra Ball. Discard Giratina with Ultra Ball and Mystrious Treasure and to revive them from the discard to hit the opponent`s bench. Make sure to have at least one Yanmask or Ditto Prism Star on the bench each turn. Shrine of Punishment and Spell Tag are used to increase the damage output. Nihilego is a decent attacker than can mimic the opponent when they have two prize cards left.

Last edited:

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
What's the point of the Marshadow GX other than hitting weakness on dark types? It seems like it would be a two-prize liability more often than a useful inclusion, especially with Shrine of Punishments incrementally reducing its already abysmal HP. In addition, the Lack of Acro Bike seems very detrimental to this deck as well, since it would help fill the discard with Giratinas to move to the bench.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
What's the point of the Marshadow GX other than hitting weakness on dark types? It seems like it would be a two-prize liability more often than a useful inclusion, especially with Shrine of Punishments incrementally reducing its already abysmal HP. In addition, the Lack of Acro Bike seems very detrimental to this deck as well, since it would help fill the discard with Giratinas to move to the bench.

Marshadow is the non-GX version which acts as Judge in this deck and can be discarded afterwards from the bench. I do not believe that Acro Bike is needed that bad since the search items and Sightseer provide all the discard options this deck needs. However I am considering to trade Choice Band for Exp. Share to help the deck stream attackers.

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
I have to agree that acro bike would help this deck, I would drop 1 Lillie 1 sightseer 1 switch and 1 ultra ball to add 4 in

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi pikachuuuu101,

Thanks for the review. I disagree on the usefulness of Acro Bike as a means to discard Giratina. Acros Bike in essence trades a card from the hand for another one from the top two cards of the own deck. The other card is discarded. While being a reliable draw item that helps one to cycle through the own deck faster it has limited utility to search out and discard Giratina since Giratina only makes up 4/60th of the entire deck. Acros Bike is great to discard energies and thin the deck at the same time if one runs between 14 to 16 energies in the deck. The likelihood to dicard an energy in this manner is reasonable. Since Giratina is only four cards in the entire deck it does not work out as a reliable means to get Giratina dicarded. Including Acro Bike in order to dicard Giratina with it has a lower likelihood than running Max Elixir in the hope to accelerate energy to the bench with no ore than a total of four Basic Energy cards in the deck.

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
Hi pikachuuuu101,

Thanks for the review. I disagree on the usefulness of Acro Bike as a means to discard Giratina. Acros Bike in essence trades a card from the hand for another one from the top two cards of the own deck. The other card is discarded. While being a reliable draw item that helps one to cycle through the own deck faster it has limited utility to search out and discard Giratina since Giratina only makes up 4/60th of the entire deck. Acros Bike is great to discard energies and thin the deck at the same time if one runs between 14 to 16 energies in the deck. The likelihood to dicard an energy in this manner is reasonable. Since Giratina is only four cards in the entire deck it does not work out as a reliable means to get Giratina dicarded. Including Acro Bike in order to dicard Giratina with it has a lower likelihood than running Max Elixir in the hope to accelerate energy to the bench with no ore than a total of four Basic Energy cards in the deck.
Makes sense. but unlike max elixir, acro bike still gives you a reward if you fail

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi pikachuuuu101,

Acro Bike in essence trades one card in hand for another one and helps to thin out the deck. I love this card if the discard offers and additional benefit to the deck. I do not think that this is the case here. Having more draw supporters seems much more benefitial in this deck than using Acro Bike for the reason outlined above.