JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Togekiss and its evolution line have been revealed from the twin sets Time Gazer and Space Juggler, which will release in Japan on April 8th. We expect many of these cards to join those from Battle Region in our May set, Astral Radiance!
Thanks goes to Bangiras for the translation!
Togepi – Psychic – HP50
Basic Pokemon
Ability: Happy Touch
When you play this Pokemon from your hand onto your Bench during your turn, you may heal 10 damage from your Active Pokemon.
[P] Rollout: 10 damage.
Weakness: Metal (x2)...

Continue reading...

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
Togekiss - hits fighting weakness is alright. The ability is cool as vmax decks will become outclassed by vstars if they don’t use healing. But they can use cheryl as well so there really isn’t much to heal. I mean if we would have a steelix prime/primal groudon esc card then togekiss could be playable but then the tank would be the thing that was good. Here is my problem with modern pokemon design (in stats and not artstyle). Support pokemons rarely have atacks that had depth, text and contrast with your atackers. This makes games have fewer layers and less options. Like do you remember when uxie and crobat g would be ”counters” to fainting spell gengar? Or when pidgeots had clutch wars or the eeveelution ex family would have their own atacks that could shred, heal, stop retreat/powers, disrupt, finnish of a 2hko for just (L) (C) etc. The best we have today is like shady dealing intel wich is alright but not that much depth in it at the same time

2/5 cute and mediocer support mon

Togepi - 50 hp is bad and ability is cute 3/5 its a pre evo with the possibility to affect the game and show up alone as a 1 of tech if it helps the math

Togetic - same as togepi 3/5

Sad to see scoop up net rotating if we don’t see a reprint 😔

ShaunTheBoufflant

Like No One Ever Was
Togekiss - hits fighting weakness is alright. The ability is cool as vmax decks will become outclassed by vstars if they don’t use healing. But they can use cheryl as well so there really isn’t much to heal. I mean if we would have a steelix prime/primal groudon esc card then togekiss could be playable but then the tank would be the thing that was good. Here is my problem with modern pokemon design (in stats and not artstyle). Support pokemons rarely have atacks that had depth, text and contrast with your atackers. This makes games have fewer layers and less options. Like do you remember when uxie and crobat g would be ”counters” to fainting spell gengar? Or when pidgeots had clutch wars or the eeveelution ex family would have their own atacks that could shred, heal, stop retreat/powers, disrupt, finnish of a 2hko for just (L) (C) etc. The best we have today is like shady dealing intel wich is alright but not that much depth in it at the same time

2/5 cute and mediocer support mon

Togepi - 50 hp is bad and ability is cute 3/5 its a pre evo with the possibility to affect the game and show up alone as a 1 of tech if it helps the math

Togetic - same as togepi 3/5

Sad to see scoop up net rotating if we don’t see a reprint 😔
I'm so hoping TPCi see this comment. You've just put into words what all us older players have wanted for a long time

jperr

Aspiring Trainer
might have been interesting with a card like gardevoir v if it had a better attack

Michael Stadler

Aspiring Trainer
How tf can this be a downgrade version of a roaring skies card?...( dragonite, in 2015)

Edit: just to be clear, I don't remember the dragonite seing any play

beatbox2000

Aspiring Trainer
sui getting really mediocre these days. This Togekiss and the Chandelure look like poor imitations of their past work.

FairyLandAlice

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe if they healed something like 50-100-160 they would be a worth addition to some deck, like Leafeon VMax which is already healing 30 with its second attack. Something to make it worth including a thick stage 2 line, just as Inteleon.

But, aren't they so cute?? Yes?? We can forgive them :D

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
It's a bad card but I like the fact that they are actually printing different Fairy and Poison pokemon with their new typing instead of repeating the same mistakes of the SM era, that only printed the same Fairy Pokémon over and over again.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe with Celbi Vmax?
Celebi is also a bad card.

Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss - this card sucks. 90 dmg isn't enough to justify the amount of damage that most Pokemon normally do nowadays. Most Pokemon do 180-220 normally. 90 isn't enough to shrug off that damage. I admire the 3-energy attack from Mewtwo V-Union that can heal 200 dmg, meaning it will invalidate that common damage. Sorry. 2/2/3

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe if they healed something like 50-100-160 they would be a worth addition to some deck, like Leafeon VMax which is already healing 30 with its second attack. Something to make it worth including a thick stage 2 line, just as Inteleon.

But, aren't they so cute?? Yes?? We can forgive them :D
1. Leafeon VMAX isn't played for the second atk, mainly they'll use the first one for burst dmg.
2. We still fall to the situation of that fact that we don't know if Rare Candy stays in September or not. That alone gives the fate of the Stage 2s like Togekiss.

FairyLandAlice

Aspiring Trainer
1. Leafeon VMAX isn't played for the second atk, mainly they'll use the first one for burst dmg.
2. We still fall to the situation of that fact that we don't know if Rare Candy stays in September or not. That alone gives the fate of the Stage 2s like Togekiss.
Yes, I know it is played for the first attack, but with its energy acceleration, getting to use the second one with a heal engine backing it might not be that bad of an idea. You can still use the first one to hit benched Vs going first anyway.

But oh well, the real healing from the Togepi line is just too low anyway, so it doesn't matter anyway *shrugs*

EDIT: In any case, if they really healed something like 50-100-160 you wouldn't really NEED rare candy, the same way most Inteleon decks don't use it.

Lambda901354

Aspiring Trainer
You're uh, really sticking to this huh

I did want to add from last time ( I commented on the Orbeetle topic) that we've actually been in this situation many times before.

2005 (May set, EX Emerald), 2009 (no rotation), 2010 (May set, Unleashed), 2012 (May set, DEX), are all times where Rare Candy would've rotated if 1. the May/August set (the situation now) didn't have it, and 2. they rotated as per normal. The developers clearly want the card to stick around, PCL has even already printed an F block reprint.

Wait until we've seen everything from our August set. If it's not there, then we can panic.

(Part of why I know this was wanting to experiment in Stage 2s without Rare Candy equivalents, turns out there aren't very many of them huh)