• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Toad Box (Seismitoad EX / Flareon PLF)

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Here is a little something I will be testing for states. Would love help! :)
Pokemon: (12)

• 4 Seismitoad EX
    3 Flareon PLF
    3 Eevee FFI
    1 Leafeon PLF
    1 Jirachi EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: (38)

• 4 Professor Juniper
    4 N
    2 Lysandre
    1 Lysandre's Trump Card

3 VS Seeker
    1 Computer Search
    2 Switch
    3 Muscle Band
    1 Professor's Letter
    4 Crushing Hammer
    2 Enhanced Hammer
    4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    2 Head Ringer
    2 Ultra Ball

3 Virbank City Gym
Energy: (10)

• 4 DCE
    6 Fire Energy

Strategy:

Use Seismitoad EX to start the game off by slowing the opponent down with Quaking Punch. Flareon is to cover grass weakness as well as metal decks.

How does this deck look?

RE: Toad Mountain (Seismitoad EX / Camerupt EX / Pyroar FLF)

I like the idea. You could drop the shauna and 2 cushing hammer for 3 muscle band. How well as the deck worked out for you thus far.

Will be making those changes and I will test this deck soon.

I tested this for a bit and it isn't doing well. Either this isn't a good list or this idea just won't work out to be good enough.

Camerupt needs to be used with Emboar. Blacksmith doesn't power up quick enough to be able to take those consistent knockouts. You could also try Magma's Camerupt once that comes out.

RE: Toads n Lions (Seismitoad EX / Pyroar FLF)

Yea, I honestly think Seismitoad / Pyroar is even better than this.

Edited to a Seismitoad / Pyroar list. I honestly feel this deck can still have some success, especially because you could even use Seismitoad EX's Quaking Punch to win the game in match ups that you don't even need Pyroar in. I do want something that could be pretty good against Mega Gardy EX. Any ideas?

A while back, I did run Pyroar with Toads when there weren't much evolved Poké that would threaten Pyroar. By States, there will be quite a few decks, IMO, featuring evolved Poké that will easily counter Pyroar. Secondly, IMO, Quaking Punch and Scorching Fang will be insufficient to 1-2 HKO some Mega Poké featured in some new PC decks. So, boosting your damage out is needed. For example, have you considered incorporating either:

• Flareon (PLF). Still provides protection against Metal decks, a Stage 1 like Pyroar, but can potentially inflict more damage via discarded Poké and/or benched Deoxyx EXs. An added bonus: Leafeon (PLF) also uses the same Eevee and can inflict some serious damage onto G-weak opponents' Poké. Or
  • Charizard EX. Either Stoke'ing or Combustion Blast'ing Zard can hit for 120+ damage.
I been testing PC Gardy for some time now. In all honesty, my only hard match-ups are Groudon, Dialga, and other Gardy decks. My deck version will easily "out-speed" your deck in getting more energy into play faster and thereafter essentially 1HKO any of your Poké while you can only 2-3HKO my M gardy at best... To incorporate some counter to Gardy decks, consider Heatran (and of course, M energy too).

TuxedoBlack said:
A while back, I did run Pyroar with Toads when there weren't much evolved Poké that would threaten Pyroar. By States, there will be quite a few decks, IMO, featuring evolved Poké that will easily counter Pyroar. Secondly, IMO, Quaking Punch and Scorching Fang will be insufficient to 1-2 HKO some Mega Poké featured in some new PC decks. So, boosting your damage out is needed. For example, have you considered incorporating either:

• Flareon (PLF). Still provides protection against Metal decks, a Stage 1 like Pyroar, but can potentially inflict more damage via discarded Poké and/or benched Deoxyx EXs. An added bonus: Leafeon (PLF) also uses the same Eevee and can inflict some serious damage onto G-weak opponents' Poké. Or
  • Charizard EX. Either Stoke'ing or Combustion Blast'ing Zard can hit for 120+ damage.
I been testing PC Gardy for some time now. In all honesty, my only hard match-ups are Groudon, Dialga, and other Gardy decks. My deck version will easily "out-speed" your deck in getting more energy into play faster and thereafter essentially 1HKO any of your Poké while you can only 2-3HKO my M gardy at best... To incorporate some counter to Gardy decks, consider Heatran (and of course, M energy too).

Edited.

Would this still have trouble against mega gardy decks?

Gardy is a problem only if it sets up before you do.
You could add Skyla and/or more Head Ringers to help with this this (also helps against Virigen and Metal). Perhaps you could add bats? They help your damage output and easily KO Spritzees. I have no idea of how this would affect your other match-ups though.
As long as you prevent them from using Geomancy more than once you'll be ok if the Gardy player doesn't get lucky. Maybe a 4th Virbank would help keep Fairy Garden out of play, but most Gardevoir decks run Dowsing Machine...just keep disrupting them while still putting pressure, this is something bats would also help with.
Also, if you do well in states and you include the bats, I want some credit >.>

I really don't know...but Leafeon for sure. You already run one Stage 1 line, so adding a Stage 2 line seems clunky. I think you should do a bit more testing and see what you usually don't need.

Gengar master said:
Ok. I think even a 2-2 Golbat line would help.

Will edit list again after testing.
At what cost?

I believe you are at a point in your deck building where you have to decide which decks you want to tech against. What are your priorities in regards to being competitive against the top decks you might encounter? Keep in mind that no 1 deck has been/is "great" against all other decks one might encounter at a large tournament. Just the nature of the game; so, you may need to accept that you will not have a great match-up against a certain deck.

If Gardy is a primary concern and priority, then your above list, nor some Bats will effectively counter it, IMO.

Back