TCG Fakes Titan's Text-Based Fakes

Discussion in 'Creative Works' started by xTITAN, Apr 24, 2016.

1. xTITAN Training Aspirer
    xTITAN

I'm just gonna' post random fakes I make here. I guess I might make a full set at some point.
    Also, I'm not very good with wording. If there are any wording errors, please let me know so I can fix them. I am using XY wording.
    All updates/fixes to cards will only be on the main post.

Last edited: May 17, 2016

2. xTITAN Training Aspirer
    xTITAN

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  3. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

Wooo! I'm super happy to see yet someone else that cares a lot about their wording (you even have the accents!). I'm probably one of the fussiest people you'll find with wording, so you've come to the right place!

In fact, here is a few errors I've noticed right off the bat: :p

Numerals are always written in integer form, not written. So, one -----> (should be) 1.
    When reducing/adding damage, you need to specify that the number is in fact damage. So, "reduced by 10" should be "reduced by 10 damage".
    Although "Basic Pokemon" is capitalised, "basic Energy" is not.

Otherwise, nice cards! I particularly like the effort you've put into your formatting, which is very nice. I think from a balance perspective Time Lord may be a bit powerful as it is very easy to access, and would cause broken combinations especially with things like Trevenant XY, so complicated Wally shenanigans aren't needed for Turn 1 lock.

Will you take requests? I'm wondering if you can make a spoiler (that is, a "random fake") of a Mudkip that I can make into an image-based card for the PB Faker's Marathon event that you may like to check out here if you haven't already. But there's a challenge - you need to make this Mudkip at least remotely interesting (but not overpowered!).

4. xTITAN Training Aspirer
    xTITAN

Thanks for the help with the wording and the feedback! I also made Celebi a little more balanced. Also, I apologize for taking so long with the Mudkip.

While I'm online I guess I'll make another fake...

This'd be fun with Darkrai...

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
    bbninjas and bbninjas like this.
  5. camohunter19 Aspiring Trainer
    camohunter19

Advanced Member Member

So I can't see the actual attack text, is this intentional?

6. xTITAN Training Aspirer
    xTITAN

Do you mean there's no click to read more text. If that's the problem, refresh the page and look at it again.

7. camohunter19 Aspiring Trainer
    camohunter19

Advanced Member Member

Yeah, that fixed it. Cool card.

xTITAN likes this.
  8. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

This issue is a glitch that causes large pieces of quoted text to not fully load properly whilst in spoilers. It's fine when not in spoilers or with text not quoted inside a spoiler. :)

Anyway, thanks for the Mudkip! I quite like the, well, synergy it has with its evolution. xD

9. xTITAN Training Aspirer
    xTITAN

Finally gonna' do some more fakes...

TheFlyingPidove and bbninjas like this.
  10. bbninjas Ready or Not!
    bbninjas

Advanced Member Member

OOoo! This is a really neat idea for Garbage Draw! I might steal the effect for a card one day, if you don't mind. :x

Last edited: May 17, 2016
    xTITAN likes this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?