• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Tinachomp Donk

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Tired of fighting through tryhards on the ladder? Just trying to grind out your dozen wins for the day so you can move onto something else? Want a deck that can beat any deck in Expanded (with the world's largest asterisk attached to that claim)? This is the deck for you.

It's not my creation, but I've tweaked it slightly.

First, the list:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 21

* 2 Crobat V DAA 104
* 2 Garchomp & Giratina-GX UNM 146
* 3 Exeggcute PLF 4
* 2 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 3 Voltorb EVO 39
* 3 Electrode-GX CES 48
* 2 Espeon & Deoxys-GX UNM 72
* 4 Mew FCO 29

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 3 Wally ROS 94
* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 4 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 3 Roller Skates XY 125
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 4 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 2 Sky Field ROS 89
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Random Receiver DEX 99
* 2 Escape Rope BUS 114

##Energy - 5

* 4 Counter Energy CIN 100
* 1 Aurora Energy SSH 186

Total Cards - 60

Minimum rarity because we have no respect for our opponent.

The main strategy is, using Mew, to use GG End GX to instantly wipe our opponent's Pokemon, giving us the win. If it sounds a little too easy, that's because it is. GG End GX can wipe two Pokemon at most, so if the opponent drops 3 or more targets, you might as well scoop it up cause it's over.

Espeon & Deoxys-GX is Mad Party/Night March insurance, as well as insurance against random decks that drop no more than 3 low-HP Basics on turn 1. As long as the HP of everything on the field adds up to 200 or less, you can use Cross Division GX to donk them as well. Keep in mind that 200 damage on multiple targets does not go very far and considering most decks will drop Dedenne and/or Crobat turn 1, it's almost always Tinachomp or bust.

Your games should look like this. Win the flip and go second. If you are forced to go first, draw pass. You have to use Wally in order to pull this off turn one and there's a decent chance that your opponent may not try to set up an elaborate Bench if they see you didn't do anything, thinking your hand is dead. It's no matter if you actually get donked because going first means you were probably gonna lose anyway and this is a meme deck so don't sweat it.

Your ideal starter is Voltorb or Mew. You don't ever wanna start with Exeggcute, Dedenne, or Crobat, but it's salvageable because they retreat for cheap. Starting with either of the Tag Teams means you have to find Escape Rope and that can be a death sentence.

All you need to win is Mew and the appropriate Tag Team on the field. Battle Compressor three Counter Energy into the discard pile, draw cards until you can blow up an Electrode, attach all the Energy to Mew, and use whatever attack gives you the donk. Easy peasy.

Aurora Energy is the unsung hero of this deck as not only can you use it to retreat, but it also lets you discard something. Just keep that cost in mind and don't end up discarding your final card Dedenne like I nearly did.

All you need is one Electrode, but you need it in the deck. It's the only card you never want to see in your hand, ever. I can't tell you how many times I've opened with two Electrode in hand and it's nerve wracking wondering if the third is in there.

Sky Field is 95% for bumping Silent Lab and 5% for providing a dumping ground for excess Basics to get you more cards with Crobat. You also have Field Blower for bumping Silent Lab as well.

That's really all there is to the deck. It's good for grinding out ladder matches. You can take this into PTCGO tournaments as well and it works just fine there. I've won a fair amount of tournaments with this deck, but I gotta stress that you need the stars to align three times in a row for it to happen and given the prizes on the line, most tournament players aren't dumb enough to let themselves get caught with their pants down. But, like I've said, I've won more tournaments than I probably deserve with this deck. The true beauty of this deck is that it doesn't look like a donk deck, even if you start with a Tag Team, and by the time your opponent realizes that you've bamboozled them, it's too late.

There aren't any modern cards I can think of that could improve the donk potential but I'm all ears.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Donk sounds less painful than control. A quick, painless death (or a turn 1 scoop on your opponent's part), and you can move on to your next opponent. As opposed to a long, tortuous game of not being able to do anything at all.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Would a 1-1 Arceus VSTAR help piece the combo together or be too fringe and inconsistent to try out in the event you end up going first? Like you don't have to draw pass, but you can certainly find an Arceus V so that the following turn you can go into VSTAR and find two cards for free.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Couple problems with that. The first is that Arceus VSTAR is actually a threat and if they see you drop one and pass, the opponent may bolster their setup beyond a point that you can handle when they otherwise might not. The second is that the deck doesn't really need it; it's actually quite consistent on its own. Nine times out of ten, when I lose with this deck it's not because I can't pull off the combo, it's because they put more Pokemon into play than I can wipe out in a single attack. There have been rare occasions where I brick by not having any outs to a ball card, but Arceus VSTAR wouldn't save me from that. Lastly, having only a 1-1 copy leaves it highly vulnerable to prizing or having to discard it early. I actually increased the Electrode-GX count from 2 to 3 because of how important it is for it to be in the deck when I need it; too often I would draw into both of them or find one was prized and I'd be screwed.

Also I don't own any of those on ptcgo lawl

Good to see ya, brother