Thursday, 5/11, First D/P Screenshots

Mind Reader

Aspiring Trainer
Cool. It's just like I hoped it to bee, no 3-D! I love the battle screen, but why didn't we get the 2nd screen to?

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
How can you tell that? Because it's level 32?

I saw a screenshot in an official strategy guide of a Lv.45 Moltres. Think for a second about just what's wrong with that.

Strike!

Aspiring Trainer
The graphics are better then I expected.

Btw WPM I already made a thread about this in the gaming discussion forum. *prepares to be flamed*

MysteryE

Character Illustrator
WAW!! Cooooolll!!!
That's mean I've to stop buying a lot of boosters and save up my money to get this NDS Lite!! ARGHK!!!!

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
wooooooooow, finally, It's like the old game, only better. Yay, new graphics, new Pokémon, new console, ..., I can't wait :D.

Pokemaster1110

Team Snorlax Leader
I'm quite pleased with the graphical look of the game. I'm VERY happy that they kept the same basic layout for battles. Although I'm sure the DS could handle it, giving it a Stadium like 3D rotating camera would give it the same problem that Stadium/Coliseum/GoD have: a slow pace. The battles seem to drag out in those games, don't they? The GB experience has always been a much crisper pace, which is a good thing.

To conclude, Munchlax <3

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
shino, sounds like shintô, the Japanese religion (I'm working on a presentation about Japan :D)
:(, the persons look worse then the r/s ones, and the fact that we've only seen 2 players proves that we can't design our own character, what I really hoped we could.
:), well, good graphics and building, they look 3D, but are still sprite-style.

I really hope that the pokémons will move while fighting (like moving his mouth when using flamethrower, so the flamethrower doesn't come out of RK9's belly, like it does on r/s). the grass looks nice, and the munchlax looks cute, so, let's hope mew looks even cuter (duh)

Veyatii

EX. Strategist
The graphic are what seems to be improved the most...I am wondering more anxiously about gameplay changes since that is what made Pokemon great in the first place...

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
RE:  Thursday, 5/11, First D/P Screenshots

randomman29 said:
look's like it won't be avable in the us before 2007 based on what serebii
said here
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
no talking about serebii on PB, that was the agreement WPM and Joe made.

Jigglychu

Awaiting 5th Gen
YES! IT IS COMING OUT THIS FALL! I thought it wasn't arriving until Summer 2007 (thats what my friend says). Shino, huh? Cool. I must say, that the battle screenshots look awesome. But the overworlds look the same...I was hoping for something different. Does this mean that now we will be getting more D/P info often?

DocRobot_K-176

Red Raging Rampage
cute-mew said:
no talking about serebii on PB, that was the agreement WPM and Joe made.
I don't see anything wrong with citing serebii.net for information. I believe the agreement was made regarding bashing each other's site. Serebii already violated the agreement, but as Porygon said in the Pacifidlog thread, we must continue to uphold our part of the agreement. Does that make things more clear?

In my opinion, the pictures look too much like the ones in RSE, even with the tilt of the camera. It does appear to function more like Pokémon Colosseum or XD because it doesn't look like the characters are constrained to tiles like in the older games; they probably move about freely, much like the Legend of Zelda Series.

The battle scenery, on the other hand, looks pretty good. I don't think that they will quite get the attacks to match the sprites, but I do hope that they allow the monsters to move around to dodge attacks. There has only been one case of where a monster has dodged attacks: in RBY (maybe FrLg), if you throw a ball (even a Master Ball!) at the ghost Marowak (or any ghost before the Silph Scope) in Pokémon Tower, it will move to the side and dodge the ball, and the text will say you can't catch it. Why couldn't they have other monsters dodge attacks in the same way?