Thursday, 10/26, Pokemon Card Game: DP

GODZILLA

Team Twilight 4eva \m/
WHAT THE FREAKING HE//!??!! BASIC DARK/METAL ENERGY CARDS!?!?!?!?!??! FOSSILS COUNT AS PRIZES!?!?!??!?!?!?! NO TRAINERS AT ALL ON YOUR FIRST TURN??? SUPPORTERS COUNT AS TRAINERS!?!?!?!?!?!?!

HOW AM I GOING TO REMEMBER THIS!?!?!?!?!:p

This is big stuff right here, dudes. The TCG has changed...

Alchemist_Almighty

Don't camp the baby...
Wow, no kidding. Not being able to use Trainers on your first turn sucks horribly. Then again, you do get to attack first, and with energyless attacks, that's easily possible. Interesting ruling on the fossils, that'll impact gameplay a bit. I'm still sort of confused on evolving and leveling though. Are those the same thing? Or is it that you can evolve a Pokemon into its next evolution OR chose to level it up by placing the same Pokemon of a higher level on top of it?

As for ex Pokemon not returning...that's sad, but it's expected, really. I'll miss them, but you've got to move on. The Level X Pokemon thing sounds pretty cool though. I'm interested in how that's going to work out.

Basic Dark and Metal energy cards FTW!!! About freaking time they did that.

SONICMOJ XG

NEXT GENTERATION
PTCG has changed, but it is now not only more fare... it is more realistic like the charecter's in the show and games and old fetures like the pokedex description on the bottom of the card's is back ! (p.s I think i make a good portabale-mini-moderator, maybe i should be assighned to become a real one) :)

Sizor_Lugia

Wow. this is a huge change in TCG.
It seems we are returning to the past with the new rules of trainer cards
Pokémon X is an interesting idea, but does anyone know it has any kind of penalty like pokémon-ex?

Note: I guess this is the end of polistall

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member
nice, basic D/M will really change the game, and no more stalling also
lvX seem a lot more fair then ex, not a different name is very very good :)
I think I'll be able to adjust, all I need now is scans and I'm an even happier person :)

survivor

Working on FFS Deck
I'm pretty sure they did the change in the fossil rules after the worlds. They probably didn't want another 2+ hours game.

JPO

Super King - the best of the 3
I dont have much of a problem with the new rulings, and am very glad to hear about those meddling fossils becoming a prize!...but i think this set wil leave all ex's in the dust. Overall the cards are much, much stronger (even basics that are suppossed to be weak stage 2 starters, such as naetle). The normal stage 2s that are only worth a prize are mighty to say the least. 140hp for a 1 prize card?! This could take on an ex, which is worth 2 prizes. Ex's now also suffer horrible weakness...even stage 2 grass turtle (I'm sorry, I forget his name) "lv x" has only a +30 weakness. I don't think ex's will be much competion for competitive decks based in this set, due to the staggering increase in power.

But hey, don't the new "lv x" pokemon look wickedly cool? :D

Abhorsen

Offically retired
I'm liking the new game mechanics for D/P. Drawing a card at the start of every turn reduces the luck factor making it alot less easier to get haxed. Politstall got a kick in the guts and is now absolutely useless thanks to their new fossil rules.

And how predictable, they brought out Ex-wantabes to satisfy all those people who were complaining their removal would ruin the game. Be happy now babies, you have your new collecting items. I wonder how close/different they are from the original Exs.

LatioS

~Heed the sound of the Bells~
Well this set isn't that bad at all...almost looking like the old game...wonder how pokemon X will be like?...
well...i just noticed that lucario has a pre-evolutionary stage before it...

Abhorsen

Offically retired
Ghost/Poison/Bug type Pokemon are occassionally given Psychic form. Dusclops, Shedinja, Gengar are not part Psychic yet they are Psychic type cards. I have no doubt that in the future Dorapian will get a Dark form. It's not like they're going to create Poison type just so it fits. It would have been more appropriate to give it a Dark form but meh really.

MysteryE

Character Illustrator
when the US of this DP released, I should buy a new card sleeve and an album... just like when EX released...
the new mechanics is fun I guess.
Hope there will be no more Luck ruleeez!

milotic

pokemon trainer
I do not care for the new rules. Weakness will be less significant and ex's may not be of any use depending on how stong pokemon level x are. I do think the new pokemon are cool and it will be nice to colect some new ones for a change.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Abhorsen said:
Ghost/Poison/Bug type Pokemon are occassionally given Psychic form. Dusclops, Shedinja, Gengar are not part Psychic yet they are Psychic type cards. I have no doubt that in the future Dorapian will get a Dark form. It's not like they're going to create Poison type just so it fits. It would have been more appropriate to give it a Dark form but meh really.

Posion and Bug type Pokemon are given the Grass type, not Psychic.

bacon

!!!!!
I'm glad they changed the weakness thing, it seemed a little unfair to recieve double damage purely because your opponent got lucky with types.

As for lvl X... yes Abhorsen, we babies DID get what we wanted :D

Abhorsen

Offically retired
bacon-boy said:
As for lvl X... yes Abhorsen, we babies DID get what we wanted :D
Good, lol, now no more complaints about Ex's not returning. :p

And will people get over what type Dorapian is? Does it really matter?

Silver_Cyh

er... Hello?
Weakness = +20
^
If that really happens, it's hard to knockout a single Pokemon because the D/P Pokemon attack is really weak(conpared to the Ex set). This isn't good at all.

The stage 2 Pokemon doesn't has any Poke-power. Reminds me about Base-set now..... If no Poke-power, could there be any new archetype? I don't think so.

Basic Metal and Darkness energy is good. Easier to draw one during the game. 10/10

Why a player can't use Trainer at his/her first turn? Isn't that horrible if a player drew a bad hand?