Art Gallery Through The Lens - A Photography Album by GrandPanacea

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Hey there everyone! The name's GrandPanacea, aka Mikey, but if you frequent our Discord chat, you'll know me as Firo! For my birthday, my mom helped me make one of my longstanding desires come true! She helped me buy a nice camera. It's a Canon EOS Rebel T6, with an adjustable 18-55mm lens.

Anyhow, I wanted to start a thread for some of my posts. There's gonna be anime figures, landscapes, nature-y things, abandoned buildings, and whatever else catches my eye. Chances are, I'll be primarily posting individual pictures, though there will certainly be albums that I host on Imgur at some point in time.

Liking and Commenting would be greatly appreciated!

Fair warning: The images are big. Click on 'em under the spoiler for the full size, if you'd like.

Without further ado, here's the first five pieces:

WWClaJQ.jpg

This was one of the first test shots I took with my camera. That's my grungy lookin' phone. I should probably clean it, or get a new case.

lKhja00.jpg

This is a picture of my Revali amiibo in front of my Switch (with a custom TLoZ cover). This was my first "real" picture that wasn't a test.

Um9i3Yn.jpg

My lovely crane game Asuka figurine! She's a bit dusty. The painting in the background was done by me!

fSim6Gg.jpg

I thought this one was cool, because it shows the detail and texture of the painting. It's also one of those fancy shmancy perspective shots. At least she doesn't look dusty in this one.

zRon1gX.jpg

Full view of the painting. Done on 4 July 2016, with paint, gravel, and iced tea.

Done on 4 July 2016, with paint, gravel, and iced tea.

Gravel and Iced Tea. Truly an artistic decision of only the finest materials.
Seriously though, I really like the concepts for some of the shots you've got here and I'm definitely interested in seeing more as a photographer myself, you've definitely gotten me excited, especially from your OP. Really, photography as an outlet for me is for showing off whatever you'd like and no matter what angle you go at it from you've always got that capability of getting some awesome shots.

I hope to see more soon!

Alrighty, back at it again for post number two! :D

Same deal as before, in that I'm gonna post a handful of images via spoilers. Once again, likes, comments, and feedback are greatly appreciated.

Also, clicking on them makes them huge.

WCsUkFE.jpg

It was a grey, dreary day when I got back to my hometown on the bus. This is from across the train tracks. Uncertain what the building was used for; possibly a factory? It's been abandoned as long as I can recall.

kDUsvke.jpg

This was some polyurethane spray foam that was solidified outside of a hole in the side of the train station. Just thought that the texture looked neat.

vZ0lsEg.jpg

This is a hanging planter inside the train/bus station that I was at. This is a bit more experimental, and I think it looks cool as hell.

ahqbQen.jpg

This handsome boy is Joey, owned by a family friend. I may have woken him up to take his picture... Hehe.

YFG3Wtm.jpg

This handsome fella is my baby, Dmitry. He's so photogenic. I absolutely adore him. You can see the living room lamp reflected in his eye, too! A detail I hadn't noticed until just now.

I3VEBaQ.jpg

This is Dizzi! Dizzi is one of my most beloved stuffed animals. I won him at an amusement park after accumulating enough tickets back in 2003, when my mom and I went. He's been sewn up more times than I can count. He's certainly well loved, though.

Alrighty, back at it again for post number two! :D

Same deal as before, in that I'm gonna post a handful of images via spoilers. Once again, likes, comments, and feedback are greatly appreciated.

Also, clicking on them makes them huge.

WCsUkFE.jpg

It was a grey, dreary day when I got back to my hometown on the bus. This is from across the train tracks. Uncertain what the building was used for; possibly a factory? It's been abandoned as long as I can recall.

kDUsvke.jpg

This was some polyurethane spray foam that was solidified outside of a hole in the side of the train station. Just thought that the texture looked neat.

vZ0lsEg.jpg

This is a hanging planter inside the train/bus station that I was at. This is a bit more experimental, and I think it looks cool as hell.

ahqbQen.jpg

This handsome boy is Joey, owned by a family friend. I may have woken him up to take his picture... Hehe.

YFG3Wtm.jpg

This handsome fella is my baby, Dmitry. He's so photogenic. I absolutely adore him. You can see the living room lamp reflected in his eye, too! A detail I hadn't noticed until just now.

I3VEBaQ.jpg

This is Dizzi! Dizzi is one of my most beloved stuffed animals. I won him at an amusement park after accumulating enough tickets back in 2003, when my mom and I went. He's been sewn up more times than I can count. He's certainly well loved, though.

This is awesome! I love how you played a bit with reflecting images, especially in the eighth shot with how it's almost as if you took a picture of a mirror, but you just can't make out the details of what's being reflected. You can tell your reflection is there but you can't see what you look like.
The eleventh has to be my favourite though. It's simple and really pleasing to look at, especially with the lighting, and well, I'm a sucker for cats, so I love this group of pictures as a whole. I'm excited to see what you share next!

I'm back, this time with an album. To keep with the tradition of doing the spoilers, I'll throw the link in there.
I think that picture of the pipes is one of my favourite photos I've ever seen in the past few months. That looks amazing.
I love how you opened the album with pictures of flowers, and then went to more darker or metallic objects such as showing off kind of the "junkyard" aspect of the area, it's a really nice contrast and I like the way you laid things out!

Back