Pokemon Thoughts on the Return of "Gotta Catch Em All"

iamnotlame

Aspiring Trainer
Im loving all the throw backs to the original pokemon in the run upto X and Y. What about you? What do the younger guys out there think of it? Also 90s kids, are you enjoying this nostalgic season as much as me?

[private]I removed the link to his own YT page, it's not for advertising his own channel. *Drohn[/private]

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
It was fine when there were 151 Pokémon, but now there are hundreds more than that and it can take years to actually catch 'em all.

Elite Stride

♫ I'm on the road to Viridian City ♫
Just to clarify, by "nostalgic season", what are you referring to exactly? Da!?

iamnotlame

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Stride said:
Just to clarify, by "nostalgic season", what are you referring to exactly? Da!?

Not sure what "Dal" stands for.

But to answer your question, ive made a few videos speaking about how the past few months of build up for pokemon x/y have been playing on nostalgia.

Teasing mega mewtwo as the first mega pokemon
At (I think it was PAX, could have been gamescom). the x/y demo allowed players to be given a mewtwo and try out its mega evolution.
Kanto starters are available in the game and their mega evolutions have been a strong focal point of promotional material
Return of the "gotta catch em all" slogan and logo.

Drohn

Wild War Dance
Pokémon Da! are the Decolora Adventures; the current anime season. Since this thread is news, games, and anime oriented I will move it to the General Pokémon Discussion.
[private]Based on his description of the thread, a title change might be needed. It's more about nostalgia playing a bigger role in the franchise than the single phrase. *Drohn[/private]

98Greener

tree noises
It's more of a challenge to catch them all now.
But it's worth it when you really do catch them all.
Worth every hour.
Worth every minute.
Worth every second.

PsychedelicBreakfast

We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
I love that they brought back that catch phrase. Every time I play a new Pokemon game, my secondary goal is to catch them all; to fill up my Pokedex no matter how many 'mons there are. It never really went away for me, but now the kids who weren't around in the '90s, and who haven't yet played a Pokemon game, will hopefully feel the "magic" and excitement of filling their Pokedex like I once did.

SkyeVictini

Seriously, calm down.
The return of "Gotta Catch em all", Mega evolutions making old Pokemon new again...I know what's going on here, we're going back to our ROOTS!

Shiningmilotic

dipped my hair in the wild berry skittles rainbow!
It makes me happy they are bringing that slogan back! =) I miss the good times in the 90's!

HappyGilmore

Aspiring Trainer
I did manage to catch an episode with the Caterpie, I was like hmmmmmmmmmm I feel like I am 12 all over again!! And Team Rocket bringing back that oh so catchy intro they use! I am in my mid 20's and bringing back the classics is good. I blame the Black and White Versions of the game for getting back into it. When I was deployed overseas, I knew for a fact Pokemon was a good time killer (thanks to my E4 Bruce at the time). Seeing all the Gen I's took me right back with a new twist. I could drone on and on....

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Try to Pokerap now with 700+ Pokemon.

Now imagine the diploma we will get after catching all Pokemon with 3D graphics :)

I feel like they can finally tell that a big part of their fans are older.
They understand now that they need to make games and anime (like Origins) for mature fans,and it seems that before they are going to do that, they first make sure they will be able to lure more older fans with all the nostalgia theme.

zappy800

loves dat rain<3
scattered mind said:
Try to Pokerap now with 700+ Pokemon.

Now imagine the diploma we will get after catching all Pokemon with 3D graphics :)

I feel like they can finally tell that a big part of their fans are older.
They understand now that they need to make games and anime (like Origins) for mature fans,and it seems that before they are going to do that, they first make sure they will be able to lure more older fans with all the nostalgia theme.

People see the new commercial while watching south park so yeah it's a safe bet they know that.

mastermagpie

Aspiring Trainer
I'm loving all the nostalgia! I definitely feel there is a ton of fan service this gen. It's getting me excited!

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer
Well, I have never collected them all. I never have the want to collect them all, I just catch the Pokémon I use and I like.

The Spook

Now is going to get Spooky
Actually I never tried to catch every Pokemon.I focus more on battling and exploring but I usually fill two boxes on every game.

LindanPearl

Aspiring Trainer
I love it specially the dupstep "Gotta catch em' all" song they did, When i first set out on my adventure to catch them all i used to get them ALL i would spend weeks doing it as well, Then with the newer gens it kind of started fading a bit in me to only using the Pokemon i liked but with the release of Origins and after watching it i felt that calling inside me i had when i was 9 and that is to become a Pokemon Master and to catch em' all! I seriously can not wait for X and Y so i can finally feel more so the way i did 15 years ago when i first started playing the games :D