• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Thoughts on Exegutor GX Deck

Cooper

Aspiring Trainer
Obviously we don't have much info on this but this is a fun deck Idea I though of btw Gardevoir will kill it, so it's a stage 1 which sucks so we can't use Max Elixir, or fighting Fury belt. The item would be Dumbbells. And we would be using its first attack. Any thoughts obviously this deck is basic and I don't have any cards in it yet but just post out some suggestions. This is more of a discussion thread.

The idea of this deck is pretty vanilla, so I doubt that anyone would come up with a good list for it. I think Exeggutor is really good despite its' fairy weakness. This just means we partner it with something else. Golisopod could be a good candidate is it's already a functioning stage 1 grass deck that plays DCE. I also say that Decidueye could possibly come back with this if there's a good list someone makes for it. Even against Gardy, weakness might not matter if you set up faster and start OHKO-ing Ralts and set up KO's on Gardy. Other than that matchup, I say that it does fairly well against Metagross because of how slow that is. Ninetales is easy if you go first, and VikaBulu is also favorable since you snipe Grubbin and late game Vikavolts. If Ravaged Plains gets printed as "The defending Pokemon" father than "The active Pokemon", then this card will actually be a force to be reckoned with. I would also like to point out that Ultra Beasts and potentially other archetypes from Crimson Invasion could impact how this card is played. If we get any form of Ultra Beast energy acceleration and/ or attack boosting cards, and the special energy happens to be something like a Double Beast Energy, even though those are perfect circumstances, they could happen, could make Exeggutor really good since DCE and Rainbow Energy makes sniping really easy. Buzzwole already looks like an extremely playable card, so I see nothing game breaking to hold this card back.

The baby Venusaur that we're getting in Shining Legends is perfect for it, since every Grass Energy counts as two while it's ability is active, meaning that if you have three Grass Energy attached, you're doing 120 damage anywhere on the board with no drawback. The downside to the deck would be pairing a Stage 1 with a Stage 2 so I don't know how fast or consistent it would be. I do kinda like the idea of pairing it with Golisopod GX, since Golisopod can put pressure on the opponent's active and it's quick to set up while you get Exeggutor ready on the bench.

The baby Venusaur that we're getting in Shining Legends is perfect for it, since every Grass Energy counts as two while it's ability is active, meaning that if you have three Grass Energy attached, you're doing 120 damage anywhere on the board with no drawback. The downside to the deck would be pairing a Stage 1 with a Stage 2 so I don't know how fast or consistent it would be. I do kinda like the idea of pairing it with Golisopod GX, since Golisopod can put pressure on the opponent's active and it's quick to set up while you get Exeggutor ready on the bench.
Venusaur doesn't stack in any way. It's a grass type reprint of Next Destinies Gardevoir

Venusaur doesn't stack in any way. It's a grass type reprint of Next Destinies Gardevoir

Oh gotcha. I haven't looked at the card since it was announced so I forgot it's just Venusaur that gets that bonus.

EDIT:
Actually, wait. This is the text from Pokebeach...

Ability: Lord of the Jungle
Each basic [G] Energy card attached to your Pokemon provides [G][G] Energy instead. You can’t use more than 1 Lord of the Jungle Ability each turn.

So wouldn't work for Exeggutor as well?

Yes venasaur works with eggecutor the ability just means that even if you have 2 venasaur down one grass energy still only equals 2

Yes venasaur works with eggecutor the ability just means that even if you have 2 venasaur down one grass energy still only equals 2
It also means that multiple Grass Energy wouldn't have the same rule. Once you have the 1=2, every energy after that just adds 1 Energy, rather than 2.

It also means that multiple Grass Energy wouldn't have the same rule. Once you have the 1=2, every energy after that just adds 1 Energy, rather than 2.
No it's sais each energy as in more than 1 which means 1 energy counts as 2 and 3 energy's count as 6

Obviously we don't have much info on this but this is a fun deck Idea I though of btw Gardevoir will kill it, so it's a stage 1 which sucks so we can't use Max Elixir, or fighting Fury belt. The item would be Dumbbells. And we would be using its first attack. Any thoughts obviously this deck is basic and I don't have any cards in it yet but just post out some suggestions. This is more of a discussion thread.
I know this is pretty bad by a long shot but you could use Darkrai GX, charge up your Exegutor GX and use its GX move. Move all the Darkrai (All 4) energy to him and then he can snipe. Use the dumbells for more health, heavy ball to search and hopefully they release a good stadium like fairy garden but for dragon Pokemon.

You could also use drampa GX and zoroark GX and maybe even Golisopod GX. This would work well with Venesaur and Vikavolt, the problem is they are both stage twos. Any ideas apart from rare candies? Maybe they could release a stadium to help get stage twos easier, that would be cool.

Actually I am officially making a deck with this, use Lurantis GX(or maybe Golisopod), venesaur shining legends, baby lurantis to attack boost, Alolan exegutor GX. And maybe(probably a different deck in itself) Darkrai GX(but..nah right?). But the rest could be really cool. With a couple of lurantis and 2 venesaur you could use like a little bit of energy to do huge damage, we just need to watch out for Gardevoir.

Actually I am officially making a deck with this, use Lurantis GX(or maybe Golisopod), venesaur shining legends, baby lurantis to attack boost, Alolan exegutor GX. And maybe(probably a different deck in itself) Darkrai GX(but..nah right?). But the rest could be really cool. With a couple of lurantis and 2 venesaur you could use like a little bit of energy to do huge damage, we just need to watch out for Gardevoir.
And I know it only does more damage to the active, which is sad.

No it's sais each energy as in more than 1 which means 1 energy counts as 2 and 3 energy's count as 6
No, that is not correct. If you were playing when Next Destinies came out, you'd know this. If that were the case, then the card would be overpowered, which they prevented by adding "You can’t use more than 1 Lord of the Jungle Ability each turn". When it says this, it means that it does NOT stack in any way, shape, or form, to prevent the card from being broken.

No, that is not correct. If you were playing when Next Destinies came out, you'd know this. If that were the case, then the card would be overpowered, which they prevented by adding "You can’t use more than 1 Lord of the Jungle Ability each turn". When it says this, it means that it does NOT stack in any way, shape, or form, to prevent the card from being broken.
No you are wrong both grammatically and by my research into gardevoir that the effect doubles all existing energy cards on the Pokemon. It would not say each energy otherwise

No you are wrong both grammatically and by my research into gardevoir that the effect doubles all existing energy cards on the Pokemon. It would not say each energy otherwise
Then going by your wording, when the Energy gets doubled, wouldn't the artificially produced Energy keep doubling itself? Don't confuse research with experience. It's experienced people who make the evidence for research.

Then going by your wording, when the Energy gets doubled, wouldn't the artificially produced Energy keep doubling itself? Don't confuse research with experience. It's experienced people who make the evidence for research.
Each as in each physical energy card attached as the ability sais I've yet to see actual proof of this ruling in your favor. What yall fail to understand is that the ability saying no 2 of the same ability can be working at once means that 2 venasaur in play doesn't raise the amount of energy more then just one in play. The ability alone takes care of what I've been saying from the beginning that 1 equals 2 and that 3 energy's equals 6. If it only applied to one energy at once then having multiple in play would stack because getting out multiple stage 2's would be hard enough for it to not be broken

Last edited:
Back