Discussion This years champion points req for worlds

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
What does everyone think about the new requirement? What changes do people think should be made? Aka cups, challenages, and regionals. Should ways of getting points at these events be changed?

Hawlucha22

Aspiring Trainer
As a Europe senior, it hasn't changed for me but 550 for NA Masters, yikes! +15o CP required, I don't like it personally. But in general I think it should be 350 for all divisions in Europe as there are enough Cups, challenges and (Just about) enough regionals and SPEs

Iceleader

Aspiring Trainer
As a one-time worlds player, the new requirement is honestly discouraging. While I've wanted to try competing seriously again some year, Pokemon is making the grind much more time and money-draining. I would understand them wanting to make worlds more exclusive, but that's what day 2 is for. If anything, it feels like a continued decrease in event size, after the switch from worlds with 800 person grinders and lounge rooms with beanbags to worlds with "Open" tournaments.

arturomod

Aspiring Trainer
I'd say this is sort of compromise between very competitive players and those who are trying their best as well, but mainly in their local area.