Think You're a TCG Pro?

For Scenario 1, I would Catcher up the non-Rescue Energy Kyurem. Kill it, then I would kill the other Kyruem next turn. The reason I don't want to N is because they have a dead hand...

^ What I was thinking with the N. Dynamotor Zone Prime with the 6 damage counters, Switch, Catcher the Kyurem, discard three, adios.

EDIT: Or kill the Psyduck. ;]

I'm stumped on Scenario 2. I know what to do if they pick up Magnezone or Eel but not if they pick up Cleffa. If they pick up Cleffa do I just spread with Kyruem? Or do I use Kyruem to kill Thundurus and use Terrakion's Retaliate until they run out of Zone's and Land Crush until I win?

If they pick up Magnezone or Eel just power up Terrakion, kill Thundurus with Kyruem, attach to Terrakion and N next turn. Just keep pressure on with Terrakion until they run out of Zones and Land Crush until the win.

EDIT: Nvm I got it. Attach Rainbow to Terrakion. Kill Thundurus with Kyruem. They kill Kyruem w/ Magnezone. Drop Terrakion and attach Rainbow to Terrakion. Bring up Terrakion w/ 2 Energy and Retaliate. They kill Terrakion with Magnezone. You bring up the Terrakion thats left, attach the last Energy you have, N, and Retaliate. Now they most likely ran out of Magnezones (if they dropped Magnemite they won't have enough time to evolve fully into a Magnezone), have a 1 card hand, and you have a 130 HP monster out there that will eventually get a nice 90 going after you topdeck an Energy.
Is this correct or did I miss something important?

Nobody has explained how they can use a Zekrom to take the third prize when I have a Land Crushing Terrakion active and Reuniclus and Vileplume benched. Am I missing something here?

They'll use Magnezone.

Also, you won't be getting any other Terrakion out because you attach your needed energy each turn.

If you read my scenario, you would have seen that I could KO their Magnezone and still have Terrakion left. They shot down my scenario saying that they could use Zekrom to take the last prize before I could Land Crush for my last 3, but with Reuniclus and Vileplume up that seems impossible for them to do.

zekrom takes first prize. no one said the last one.
after you kill thunderus they can kill your kyurem with zekrom, than take last 2 prizes with magnezones

Oh, I get it now. They'd have to pick up a Magnezone as you Seeker, bring up Cleffa as you KO, drop a Zekrom, Double Dynamotor+manually attach, retreat, and Bolt Strike KO. Alright, that makes sense.

For scenario one I would Dynamotor to the Magnezone with an energy and Switch into it. Then I would Catcher up the Kyurem that has 3 Water, attach the Electric, and Lost Burn for the KO

For the second scenario, you should never even be in that situation if you run Terrakion, you should have Retaliated and started Land Crushing a long time ago. I would attach the Fighting to Terrakion, Twins for another Terrakion and Fighting or Rainbow, retreat into Pichu and pass.

Its easily possible to go down on prizes playing The Truth while setting up. If you did the above scenario, Thundurus KOs Pichu, then no matter what you do they take their last 2 prizes in the next 2 turns with Magnezone.

I think I have scenario two.

So, move the damage from Terrakion to Cleffa and retreat Cleffa. Seeker up the Cleffa (the Meelz player would pick up Cleffa as well, obviously) and send up Kyurem. Play down a Terrakion and attach a Fighting to it. Move the damage from Pichu to Kyurem and Knock Out Tornadus with Outrage.

Why? Well...

During your opponent's turn, if he or she decides to N, you still have three Twins in the deck, and probably other draw supporters that you can pull from those four cards. Your opponent plays out his or her turn (unable to play Trainers) and Knocks Out that Kyurem by Lost Zoning two Energy.

Back to The Truth's turn, pretty much bring up one of your Terrakion and attach to it (if there is no Energy in the hand, then hopefully some Twins/draw card can nab you one). If you attached a Rainbow, move the damage from Terrakion to your Vileplume. Knock Out the Magnezone.

From here, these previous two steps repeat themselves, but in the end, your opponent should have no Magnezone in play as to you having an undamaged Terrakion in play. Even a Zekrom would be unable to Knock Out that Terrakion, where at that point, Land Crush for the rest of your prize cards.

picking up a magnezone is best, so that he can ko your kyurem with a zekrom

it'll come down to whether he can set up that magnezone again to take the last prize before he loses, in my opinion

^Nope. There's a way to guarantee a win if they don't have another Magneton or other crazy tech. Nobody has figured it out yet, though. You guys are all overthinking it.

For situation 1 you need to kill a kyurem. 2 glaciates = 3 prizes. I'd attach to one zone, dynamotor to the other and use the switch and catcher to kill the non-rescue energy kyurem. It's a tough call because I wanted to go for feraligatr but again, they have 2 charged kyurems and 2 glaciates puts them a prize away from game. Pretty nasty situation but with a little luck you could still win it.

For situation number 2 it seems a lot more straight forward to me. I'd put an energy on terrakion, seeker up pichu to open up bench space and go for the kyurem ko. Trade kos between magnezones and terrakions. If they have a rescue energy they win. Otherwise if you twins to get a 3rd energy for the second terrakion and a kyurem or other big basic to hold damage you should land crush sweep and win.

Back