• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

These waters of mud (Empoleon/Terrakion)

Blui

lv85 paladin
I love how this deck plays, but am trouble with consistency, please help me.

Pokemon:
4 Empoleon
1 Prinplup
4 Piplup
3 Terrakion (NV)
1 Smeargle
Total: 13

T/S/S:
2 Professor Oak's New Theory
3 Professor Juniper
3 Cheren
2 Pokemon Collector
1 N

3 Dual Ball
3 Junk Arm
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 EXP Share
3 Rare Candy
2 Switch
2 Max Potion
2 Random Receiver
2 Plus Power
2 Pokemon Communication
1 Energy Retrieval
1 Super Rod
Total: 37

Energy:
5 Water Energy
5 Fighting Energy
Total: 10

Changes:
-1 Dual Ball
-2 Sage's Training
-1 Max Potion
-1 Professor Oak's New Theory

+3 Cheren
+1 Pokemon Collector
+1 Empoleon

Thanks for helping guys and gals :)

I'll try to help you out a little. First off, you're going to want to max the Empoleon's out. It's an awesome attacker and only needs one Energy to do what he does best, plus he provides your built-in draw, so the more copies you have of him, the quicker you'll be able to get him out and chain other ones. For that reason, I think maxing out Rare Candy is also so so important in any Stage 2 deck right now. I would cut a Max Potion and an Energy Retrieval for those. With one/two Energy attacks, you rarely need more recovery (and if you do, I would suggest another Super Rod) and Max Potion is useful but you can always Junk Arm for more uses.

If I were to play this deck, I would really run Pokemon Collector over any Dual Ball just because I wouldn't want to fail some flips and ultimately not damage enough with Empoleon. I also prefer Cheren over Sage's Training, but that is pretty much player preference. Here's the overall list of changes I would make:

-4 Dual Ball (explained above)
-3 Professor Oak's New Theory (I prefer N in this kind of deck because of how many Prizes you'll be given up).
-2 Sage's Training (explained above)
-1 Max Potion (explained above)
-1 Energy Retrieval (explained above)
+1 Empoleon (explained above)
+1 Rare Candy (explained above)
+3 Pokemon Collector (explained above)
+3 Cheren (explained above)
+2 N (see PONT)
+1 Junk Arm (This is really really too good to not run the max four over anything else. It's another Catcher, Communication, Candy, Switch, EXP Share, Max Potion, Random Receiver, PP,or Super Rod. There are just so many uses.)

Hope it helps!

dmaster out.

I'll take 1 Dual Ball of the list, when I was playing yesterday (against Chris K.) Dual Ball kept me in the game, other than that I'll make some of the changes you suggested and play it at league and see how it goes.

If the flips aren't the issue, than by all means keep them in. Whenever someone wants their deck more consistent though, I would think that Pokemon Collector is definitely a valid option. By all means try out both, but I still think the other changes can help for sure.

dmaster out.

Okay, since I feel lazy to write the -/+, I'm just going to post my whole deck list. This won me a Battle Roads against decks like Darkrai EX/Tornadus EX, Zeel/Terrakion, Celebi Prime/Mewtwo EX/Terrakion, etc. (BTW, I went undefeated and won)

Pokemon:
x4 Empoleon
x1 Prinplup
x4 Piplup
x3 Terrakion
x3 Virizion
T/S/S:
x4 Professor Oak's New Theory
x3 N
x3 Pokemon Collector
x2 Professor Juniper
x4 Rare Candy
x3 Junk Arm
x3 Pokemon Catcher
x2 Super Rod
x2 Exp. Share
x1 Pokemon Communication
x1 Skyarrow Bridge
x3 Switch
x2 Pluspower
Energy:
x6 Water
x4 Fighting
x2 Prism

I play Virizion because it is a good starter (since this deck doesn't have a starter) and because it can do some damage to Terrakion. You have to max out Empoleon because they are in the name of the deck (and because you have too few Pokemon). I prefer Pokemon Collector over Dual Ball because you have to be able to fill your bench by like turn 2. You would have to get 3 heads on 2 Dual Balls. I hate that because I always flip tails. Plus, it is okay that it is used as your supporter because you have Empoleon. You might think that Max Potions can help, but they don't that much. Yes you only have to discard 1 energy to fully heal Empoleon, but it is not necessary and takes up room.

Have you tested energy switch over EXP. share? i hear energy switch works better because you can just drop the terrakion, energy switch, attach and KO, as sort of a surprise thing, but i don't play this deck so i'm not sure which is the better option. i'm just worried that if you play against darkrai with this deck, and you bench the terrakion and attach the EXP share, they can just catcher it and 2 shot it, over you dropping it down and doing the energy switch shennanigans in one turn.

@armaldo1
I have been in 3 battles against Darkrai dec. at BRs with Empoleon/Terrakion and won all 3. If they Catcher the Terrakion, I play a heavy Switch line, so I can Switch it back. Also, 3 Terrakion are hard for Darkrai to take out. Also, 2 Super Rods are being played, so you can get them back.

Back