Help These are fake cards from this ebay seller? y/n

BaseSetHead

The One & Only

Particularly the sealed product from this eBay seller, are these fake cards?

How can u tell for sure? They don't immediately jump out to me as fake but I'm probably wrong.

Hey, I actually have experience with this eBay seller! Recently, I bought a lot of 30 packs from them and they were all weighed!!!! Nothing good in the packs, complete waste. Read the negative feedback of the seller before they are deleted (as mine was). And notice that some of the (fake?) positive feedback say nothing about the pull rates. It's a lil sus to me.
The cards are real, but I would stay away from this seller.

You can't really weigh the packs (at least in English,) as I've seen someone do it and about the only coincidence in the whole cases was that the lighter packs actually had more and mostly better rare cards and the heavy packs had a few but less good rares and less overall. The middling weighted packs seemed to have quite a consistent holo energy pull- almost every other pack in the video that I saw but there's a lot of variance opening packs so who knows for sure.. but you can't really weigh em. However, you CAN still open boxes and quit opening once you get one SR or higher (or more up to 2 in English, but I think in Japanese it might just be a total of 1 per box,) if I remember correctly. Maybe you can weigh the Japanese packs and not the English, I'm not sure.

I was aware that these packs are likely to be more randomized than an actual box and figured they're probably opening boxes and quitting once they get an SR or higher and then selling the rest of the packs. The fact that you got nothing supports this but I don't think it's impossible to think some slipped through the cracks. Probably much lower pull rates though and almost nothing really great.

Especially in English this doesn't bother me as much though because I have seen you can't really weigh the new sets or at least 151. You can still do the box trick though and clearly that's what this seller is doing because they are selling and/or have sold 7 of the Charizard's from 151 and are selling a bunch of the rare cards from all the sets they sell.

It is possible that you just got unlucky and they aren't even opening the packs anymore and/or more likely that they have already finished opening what they're going to open and are getting rid of the pile of packs they didn't open after pulling an SR or higher.

I think it's possible that they're just selling bulk packs now, I guess. I might try it once but if I get nothing I wont ever buy from them again.

And if I do buy, it will be a small order (20 packs)

English packs nowadays are hard to weigh because of the different code cards. However, Japanese packs don't have this so they can actually be weighed!

The box trick, or mapping, was an issue in early Sun/Moon era, but I thought they fixed it.

If you do buy packs from this seller, please let me know your pull rates! ;)

Back