Themes from "Green Bushes"

One Approved

;
Advanced Member

The banner is a link to the song. If you don't click it, I will come to your house and slash your tires. Or you. It depends on what mood I'm in.Anyways, yeah, I know. I did an RMT like 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, due to College coming at the start of September, I don't know how often I will get the chance to battle at all, let alone take the time to write a good, concise, RMT down. So, I figured I'd write one more because I have no life I don't know if I'll get the chance to ever again. Oh, and I kind of like writing too.

Previous RMTs involving music:

A Brief History of the Song

"Themes from Green Bushes" is written around a very popular tune among composers, and if you've listened to classical music at all, you will probably recognize the tune from some song that you heard at some point in your life. If you have never listened to classical music...well then you've got bigger things to worry about than not recognizing the song. This specific piece was written around the piccolo solo of Movement II in Ralph Vaughan William's Folk Song Suite. This solo is very short, however Percy Grainger, being the overachiever that he is, decided to write an entire song based on that one tune. How he got it to work without boring people to death is quite ridiculous. He simply varied the tune by making some parts short and seperated while making others connected and almost dragging. The tune also gradually picks up speed by the end you are racing at an almost ridiculous pace. It also ends in a four measure long chromatic scale. because Grainger loves to troll high school wind ensembles who don't practice their chromatic scale This tune can also be heard in the final movement of Grainger's most popular tune (and arguably the bets concert band piece ever written) Lincolnshire Posy.

How This Brief History Actually Applies to my Team along with how well it peaked and stuff

The piece gradually picks up speed much like this team does. I start out using lots of stall tactics, just trying to get hazards up and keep my opponent's hazards away, gradually wearing down my opponent. However, as the match progresses, I tend to get more agressive with this team, anand force my opponent into a tough spot by hitting hard with a good prediction by Rhyperior or Slowbro. Like the tune varies a lot as it goes on, this team can adapt in multiple ways depending on my opponent's playstyle. I can go for an all-out stall, or try to take a more balanced approach, or in some rare cases, I just go on an offensive and kill things. I've used this team in a coupls of smogon events: the UU Mafia (only to get trolled by FlareBlitz twice) and in the Smogon Grand Slam. It made r3 before losing to Badabing, although I blame myself for that loss rather than the team. I peaked somewhere in top 25 or 20 on Pokemon Showdown! in UU, but given the broken ladder and Gothitelle having Shadow Tag released (-__-), and other wierd stuff like that, I'm not sure how accurate that is.

The Team At A Glance

410.png
469.png
237.png
169.png
80.png
143.png

Teambuilding Process
I wanted to make a stall team. PDC was like "lolno stall sux" but I didn't listen to him because...well who listens to PDC anyways, right? (JK bro I <3 you.) So let's start with the obvious. If you want stall, you need hazards, and if you want more than just Stealth Rock on your team, there's only one good defensive Spiker in UU.
410.png

So then I was like "what goes well with Roserade?" I knew I would need Stealth Rock. So I threw in Rhyperior, thinking it resisted fire, so it can't hurt, right?
410.png
469.png

Both were weak to Ice. So I threw in blastoise. Figured "heck it's a spinner, that can't hurt a stall team."
410.png
469.png
9.png

At this point PDC actually decided to be useful (lol) and was like "Weak to _insert every special attacker in UU here_" so he suggested Snorlax.
410.png
469.png
9.png
143.png

I was still Heracross weak. And fighting weak in general at that. So I threw on Crobat and Slowbro, figuring between the two of them I should be set.
410.png
469.png
9.png
143.png
169.png
80.png

I was actually still a bit fighting weak, as well as Snorlax weak, since some could carry EQ to get Rhyperior on a switch in, especially offensive sets. So I changed Blastoise to Heracross figuring I had ice resists in Snorlax and Slowbro anyways, and Hitmontop could also do a bunch of really cool stuff.
410.png
469.png
237.png
169.png
80.png
143.png

The Team In-Depth

410.png

Rosemarie (Roserade) @Black Sludge
Trait: Natural Cure
Calm Nature
252 HP/120 Def/136 SpDef
~Spikes
~Sludge Bomb
~Giga Drain
~Rest

Roserade is hands-down, the best spiker in Underused play. Nothing else even comes remotely close. If you don't believe me, believe everybody else who has used this Pokémon, thrusting it up to the #1 overall spot as "Most Used Pokémon in UU Play." Between great typing, good special bulk, massive special attack, and great recovery options, Roserade does so much that Froslass (the only other spiker in UU.) can't. Roserade was the first thing I added to this team obviously because of its consistancy. It sets up spikes on any Bulky Water-type in UU not named Slowbro, and can just use Rest and Natural Cure once damage begins to add up. Giga Drain will actualy do damage to Bulky Waters who think their cool enough to stay in and Ice Beam. (Or Ice Punch in Swampert's case.) Thanks to Heracross, Escavalier was booted down to RU, and I don't have to worry about making the choice between Sludge Bomb and Hidden Power Fire any more. The only steel types left in UU save for Bisharp would wall Roserade with or without HP Fire, and Sludge Bomb will damage Shaymin more anyways. Sludge Bomb also does decent damage to fire switch ins, and it has an awesome 30% Poison chance, which stall teams love.

469.png

Percy Grainger (Rhyperior) @Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
Adamant Nature
208 HP/252 Atk/48 SpDef
~Stealth Rock
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake
~Megahorn

I named Rhyperior "Percy Grainger", after the composer of the song this team is named after. Rhyperior is the composer of the team, basically. First, it contains the most important hazard in the game (Stealth Rock), and provides the Fire and Flying resistances to synergize with Roserade. Second, Solid Rock is a great ability that sometimes lets me absorb a super effective shot and hit back. FInally, the thing has a huge attacking stat. Base 140 with EdgeQuake just hits like a truck. Rhyperior usually determines when I want to get offensive with this team, like Grainger determines when to troll high school students in band class pick the pace of the song up to absurd speeds. With Megahorn to hit Shaymin and Slowbro as they switch in, and the notorious EdgeQuake combo, Rhyperior will almost always kill something, and that normally starts the onslaught that results in a win for me.

237.png

Break Dance (Hitmontop) @Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
Impish Nature
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpDef
~Rapid Spin
~Close Combat
~Sucker Punch
~Toxic

The amount of cool spinners in UU depresses me. It really does. Hitmontop and Blastoise are mediocre at best, Claydol is somewhat cool, but rather hard to use. Needless to say, I want Donphan back in UU, but it's not going to happen thanks to its popularity on sun teams. So why Hitmontop, if i think it's so mediocre? Well, simply because there's nothing better to use. And I guess it's nice to have Intimidate to drop attack on Pokémon such as Heracross or Scrafty. Hitmontop it a decent switch-in, and gives me an option if I don't want to play a guessing game Heracross. I don't have to worry about switching Crobat into a Stone Edge. Rapid Spin is there to spin away hazards, and on a stall team that is kind of important. Toxic is used over Foreseight because while I gain the ability to not only Spin against, but also use Close Combat on ghosts, most of them aren't going to be phazed by this anyways. I have to switch out of Chandelure anyways, Sableye and Dusclops are just going to take the opportunity to use their status moves on me, Mismagius will just set up a Nasty Plot. The only thing I really gain an advantage on is Froslass. So instead, I let them take their Spikes damage, Toxic them, and switch out. I also use Sucker Punch over Stone Edge as an option to score a hit on things like Azelf or Mismagius after they have already set up. I have Toxic to hit Ghosts as they switch in, so I didn't want to use Stone Edge and double up on Chandelure. I felt Stone Edge didn't really do enough to Zapdos and Togekiss to be very useful anyways. Close Combat is there for obvious reasons. The Defensive EV Spread means Hitmontop can survive for a very long time, and will switch into Fighting-types no problem throughout the match.

143.png

Cuddles (Snorlax) @Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
Careful Nature
208 HP/124 Def/176 SpDef
~Body Slam
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
~Whirlwind

Snorlax and Porygon2 are UU's version of Chansey and Blissey. They are all-purpose special tanks, except these two actually hit back. In addition to absorbing special hits all day, Snorlax can just use Rest to heal itself repetitively. Snorlax can also absorb status moves like Thunder Wave or Will-o-Wisp with no worries, as Rest will heal it of the pesky status condition. Whirlwind is used in the last slot to rack up hazard damage, and Snorlax does a great job of this. Most of Snorlax's switch-ins (mainly Fighting-types) have no form of recovery, (Mienshao is obviously an exception,) so the Spikes and Stealth Rock damage adds up very quickly on them. Bulky Water-types who try to phaze Snorlax might end up getting phazed themselves as Sleep Talk removed Whirlwind's negative priority. With the defense EVs, Snorlax is also able to take some physical hits that are not super strong, like Flygon's Earthquake or Kingdra's Outrage, and it can either threaten to paralyze with Body Slam, or just laugh and use Whirlwind, and then proceed to rest off the damage.

80.png

Slowpr0 (Slowbro) @Choice Specs
Trait: Regenerator
Modest Nature
252 HP/252 SpAtk/4 Def
~Surf
~Fire Blast
~Psyshock
~Grass Knot

Specs Slowbro is a boss. That is not an opinion, it is a scientific fact. With 252 HP EVs, Slowbro can still switch into physical hits pretty easily, but with max Special Attack EVs and a Modest nature, Slowbro turns into an instant powerhouse. Surf is the main STAB attack here for more power than Scald, and Fire Blast provides great coverage, hitting Pokémon like Shaymin and Roserade for an OHKO, which it normally could not boast. Psyshock also nails Snorlax as it switches in, thinking it's going to be taking a weak Scald attack, and it also is Slowbro's way of dealing with Kingdra. Grass Knot is used in the last slot to hit other Water-types, like Milotic and Suicune. Ice Beam isn't really neccessary in UU play due to the lack of dragon-types. You could try to argue using it over Fire Blast for better accuracy, but then I would lose the ability to hit Bronzong and Cobalion for massive damage. I originally used Slack Off for the last slot instead of Grass Knot, but Regenerator is just so good of an ability that I rarely ever used it, and when I did, it killed any momentum that I had. It was just a liability, so I went with Grass Knot for the extra coverage instead.

169.png

Predator (Crobat) @Black Sludge
Trait: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
252 HP/116 Atk/4 SpDef/136 Spe
~Brave Bird
~Taunt
~Roost
~Toxic

Crobat is the anti-meta Pokémon in UU right now. It takes on all of the common Fighting and Grass Pokémon with ease, while supporting the team in numerous ways. It can Taunt to keep hazards and pesky status away from my team, as well as preventing my opponent from setting up either Weather, or Light Screen and Reflect. It can Toxic to cripple Pokémon like Rhyperior wanting a free switch-in. And on other teams (not this one, obviously), it can use U-turn to keep offensive momentum going. Since this team isn't terribly offensive, I opted for Toxic instead, to nail Raikou and Zapdos as they come in. Roost is the best (and only, aside from ResTalk) option to heal Crobat, as it gives it temporary leave from its weakness to Stone Edge and Ice Beam. Brave Bird will demolish Scrafty, Heracross, Mienshao, Shaymin, and Roserade with ease. Even though Crobat is the 6th man, and the Pokémon I shuffle around most often, it is definitely a valuable member to this team, and I include it in the main version because I feel it is the most consistant member to use in the 6th slot.

Other Variations and Past Team Members

302.png

Peeves (Sableye) @Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
Careful Nature
252 HP/120 Def/136 SpDef
~Recover
~Taunt
~Will-o-Wisp/Toxic
~Foul Play/Night Shade

Peeves is named after the ghost from the Harry Potter book series that plays pranks on people. (See what I Did there?) PDC originally pioneered the variant of this team that uses Sableye instead of Crobat. I personally don't like this version, however it shouldn't be overlooked by anybody looking to use this team in the future. Sableye gives you a way to cripple Fighting-types, while switching in with an actual immunity. Beware of anything that has Guts. Sableye will force a lot of switches, thus racking up hazard damage very effectively. Will-o-Wisp is generally the best option for status, however Toxic is usable as well. Foul Play uses the opponent's attack stat to deal damage, so it's a great choice for Sableye. Otherwise you can use Night Shade to deal more consistant damage.

145.png

Thunderbird (Zapdos) @Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
Calm Nature
248 HP/236 SpDef/24 Spe
~Thunderbolt
~Heat Wave
~Roost
~Toxic

When I played FlareBlitz in a game for the UU mafia, he 5-0'd me with a team that used Togekiss. The team is pretty weak to Togekiss, so I created a variant that wasn't so weak. Not as a counterteam mind you, I found a Pokémon I was weak to, and added a Pokémon to help while not making me weak to more Pokémon. This version of the team employs Zapdos, instead of Crobat. You keep the fighting resistance while being able to hit Togekiss, Crobat, and bulky waters for super-effective damage. Raikou is a common switch-in to Zapdos, so Toxic works in the same way as it does for Crobat. You lose the ability to hit Fighting-types for super effective damage, and the ability to Taunt, however you keep the ability to hit Shaymin, Roserade, and Heracross for lots of damage while gaining a powerful Electric-type attack to hit other Flying-types, as well as bulky waters. An offensive variant of Zapdos could be used as well, with Roost, Heat Wave, Thunderbolt, and Hidden Power Grass or Ice.

9.png

Turtle (Blastoise) @Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
Bold Nature
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpDef
~Scald
~Roar/Dragon Tail
~Rapid Spin
~Toxic/Foresight/Ice Beam

Blastoise was used over Hitmontop on the original version of the team. I believe Hitmontop outclasses Blastoise on this specific team as a spinner, however Blastoise will give you another Pokémon to switch into Victini, Arcanine, and Darmanitan, as the EVs on Slowbro aren't extremely defensive, so Blastoise is an option. You also gain a second phazer on this set, using Roar to rack up lots of damage. Rapid Spin is there for obvious reasons. Scald is here for the cool chance to burn stuff, like Empoleon and Kingdra who think they can come in for free. Toxic is the best option in the last slot as Blastoise can cripple many Pokémon that like to switch into it, such as Raikou and Zapdos. Foresight is more viable than it is on Hitmontop however, because Blastoise isn't as threatened by Ghosts. It doesn't fear Will-o-Wisp quite as much as Hitmontop, but due to the lack of a recovery move, you should still try to avoid it. Otherwise you don't fear Dusclops, Sableye, Froslass, or Chandelure, so you can Foresight them with ease. Ice Beam is also an option to hit Roserade, Shaymin, and other Flying-types, but since Blastoise doesn't invest in Special Attack, it is a relatively weak choice.

Threatlist

429.png
- Ambipom isn't really a threat in UU anymore, Mienshao outclasses it completely. However, on the rare chacne that I do see one, Hitmontop uses intimidate to drop its attack and threaten to Close Combat, Slowbro can absorb a U-turn and threaten any one of its huge attacks back, or Crobat will outspeed it and use Brave Bird. (And it's immune to flinching.)

59.png
- Arcanine isn't a big threat to this team. Rhyperior and Slowbro both swtich in with ease. The appropriate coverage moves that Arcanine has for either of them (Close Combat and Wild Charge) don't OHKO, and they can threaten their super-effective STAB attacks back. Slowbro will also switch out and heal itself repetitively, potentially giving me a guranteed free switch into Rhyperior while healing myself in the process. Blastoise will also switch in easily if you are using Blastoise.

487.png
- Azelf is hard to counter on any team. Nasty Plot sets are countered by Snorlax as most of them neglect to run Psyshock. Body Slam threatens to paralyze. Hitmontop can use Sucker Punch to KO, or Crobat can outspeed and Brave Bird. If it's a dual screens set, there's not much I can do to prevent Azelf from setting up screens, but I can usually stall the screens out, and then not give it a second opportunity. The rare physical sets are countered by Slowbro easily.

184.png
- Azumaril is an oddball in UU play, and I think it's a very underrated threat. Slowbro deals with it pretty handily on this team, and while Roserade can't switch in, it can use Giga Drain to KO it while healing itself. The variation that uses Zapdos obviously just uses Zapdos.

655.png
- Bisharp is handled easily by Hitmontop. Intimidate drops its attack, it resists Dark-types STAB, while using 4X super effective Close Combat. Rhyperior can also threaten to Earthquake. If using Sableye, you can also use Prankster Will-o-Wisp to cripple it, or Taunt to prevent it from setting up.

9.png
- Roserade trolls it. Zapdos and Slowbro can beat it too. Not much explanation needed here.

442.png
- Despite the fact that this pokemon doesn't afraid of anything, I have a couple ways to threaten it. Crobat can Taunt it to prevent Stealth Rock or Screens from going up. Specs Slowbro's Surf will 2HKO it, and Fire Blast will also, if not OHKOing it. If facing Calm Mind Bronzong, I don't have many options. Normally, I phaze it until I can safely surprise it with Slowbro's Fire Blast. Otherwise I could be in for a rather brutal match. Any variation that uses Zapdos can also Heat Wave it for a lot.

639.png
- Snorlax is the second best Chandelure counter in the game. The only thing that tops it is Trace Porygon2. Snorlax has Thick Fat to troll Fire Blast, is only 3HKO'd by specs HP Fighting, and can Whirlwind Chandelure to add up Stealth Rock and Spikes damage, if not Substitute damage as well. Hitmontop can Sucker Punch, and Crobat can outspeed and use Brave Bird if Chandy isn't scarfed.

344.png
- See Blastoise. Roserade trolls it. Slowbro does too.

668.png
- If Swords Dance, Hitmontop consistantly switches in with Intimidate and STAB Close Combat. Slowbro can too and use Fire Blast to kill it or scare it off. If Calm Mind, they do the same thing, however they might absorb a hit in the process.

169.png
- Slowbro scares the bejeebus out of it, and Snorlax can threaten to paralyze with Body Slam. Zapdos can beat it if you use Zapdos.

584.png
- Slowbro and Rhyperior both switch in fairly easily. Slowbro more consistantly because it only is hit hard by U-turn; Darmanitan doesn't use Wild Charge. Rhyperior can absorb a Superpower (or an Earthquake, whichever the case may be,) thanks to Solid Rock, and use Earthquake to KO, or use Stealth Rock as Darmanitan switches out. If it's Choice-locked, Snorlax can even take a Flare Blitz thanks to Thick Fat, and use Body Slam or phaze it out. Blastoise will threaten to Scald or Phaze should you desire.

356.png
- Dusclops loses to Crobat's taunt. I just Toxic it, and don't give it an opportunity to Pain Split/Roost. Specs Slowbro can also take it out from low enough health. Snorlax can absorb Will-o-Wisp and Phaze it.

398.png
- Empoleon can be a bit problematic. My main advantage is that it has no reliable recovery, so Snorlax will phaze it out repetitively with no issues. Roserade can Giga Drain it again and again if it's not Agility with Life Orb. Hitmontop can use Close Combat if it isn't Life Orb as well. If it is Life Orb, I generally just get Snorlax in and phaze it out, and just wait until Life Orb, Spikes, and Stealth Rock take their toll. Slowbro can also use Fire Blast to hurt it, although it won't enjoy taking Grass Knot. Zapdos can threaten to Thunderbolt, or even Discharge, and it will easily survive one Life Orb Ice Beam.

330.png
- Hitmontop can intimidate it and then use Toxic. Slowbro will absorb anything bar Choice Band-boosted STAB attacks, and threaten to Surf. If you use Blastoise, you can threaten to Scald and burn, or use Ice Beam. Zapdos can Toxic it on the switch in. Snorlax will also take a hit or two, and threaten to Paralyze with Body Slam. Otherwise Rhyperior will survive an Earthquake thanks to Solid Rock, and can do decent damage with Megahorn.

483.png
- Snorlax can phaze it out if it doesn't have Taunt. Slowbro can use Surf and/or Fire Blast even if it does use Shadow Ball or Thunderbolt. I have to be careful to play around Destiny Bond, although normally it isn't a problem. Sableye comes in handy against Froslass as it can Praknster taunt, and then Foul Play without any wories.

207.png
- Slowbro laughs at Gligar and just uses Surf. Crobat can Taunt it, although Brave Bird isn't doing much back. Unfortunately, thanks to its Dream World ability of Immunity, I can't simply toxic it any more. If you use any of the 3 alternative Pokémon (Sableye, Zapdos, and Blastoise), you will have an easier time between Prankster Taunt/Will-o-Wisp, Hidden Power Ice, and Scald/Ice Beam.

214.png
- Between Slowbro, Crobat, and Hitmontop, I always have something that can switch in, depending on what move I think it will use. Slowbro's Psyshock and Crobat's Brave Bird are the only things that can hit it back, though. No matter what the team, Heracross will always be a somewhat threatening Pokémon.

237.png
- Hitmontop can't really touch Roserade, so I can Giga Drain or Sludge Bomb it as I see fit. Crobat can switch into anything not named "Stone Edge" and threaten to Brave Bird. Slowbro can switch into anything not named "Toxic" and Psyshock it. Sableye can also use Prankster Will-o-Wisp to cripple it.

435.png
- Rhyperior can switch into anything bar Superpower, and threaten with Stone Edge. Crobat can also take one Sucker punch and just Brave Bird thanks to Honchkrow's appalling defenses. If you use Zapdos, you will have a much easier time thanks to Thunderbolt, and easily switching into anything Honchkrow can throw at it.

229.png
- If Houndoom is physical, then Hitmontop will have no issues with it. If it's mixed, Snorlax will easily dispose of it. Crobat can take a sucker punch and use Brave Bird since Houndoom is so frail. Blastoise also easily handles any Houndoom without Hidden Power Grass, as does Rhyperior.

230.png
- Between Snorlax, Rhyperior, and Slowbro, I have all Kingdra sets covered. Specs and Rain Dance Kingdra are handled by Snorlax, while DD Kingdra is handled by Slowbro. Slowbro 2HKO's Kingdra with Psyshock, forcing Kingdra to lock itself into outrage. I can then switch in Rhyperior with no fear, and just Earthquake it. Otherwise if it hasn't set up yet, Crobat can Taunt it and use Brave Bird.

582.png
- Hitmontop intimidates it and uses Close Combat to beat it. Roserade can use Giga Drain to KO, and heal off any damage it takes in the process. If it's choiced (which most are), I can play around with Crobat, Snorlax, and even Slowbro too.

68.png
- No Guard Dynamicpunch seems like it would be really prevalent in UU, but with Heracross and Scrafty out, most people just overlook Machamp completely. For the few that don't, Intimidate Heracross and Specs Slowbro is more than enough firepower to bring it down, although Brave Bird Crobat doesn't hurt either.

650.png
- Slowbro can take a U-turn, and hit whatever comes in for a lot of damage thanks to Specs, and then heal itself as it switches out with Regenerator. Hitmontop can use Intimidate to drop Mienshao's attack. Crobat is immune to flinching, and can use Brave Bird to take it down.

350.png
- Milotic is often overlooked very much like Machamp is. Suicune, Slowbro, and Blastoise all win over the favor of many players. Roserade uses Giga Drain to threaten Milotic, and Slowbro takes it out with Grass Knot. Crobat can also use Taunt and Toxic to wear Milotic down without giving it a chance to use Rest and activate Marvel Scale.

434.png
- Sableye and Chandelure overshadow Mismagius completely, so I'm lucky. Taunt shuts down Snorlax, but otherwise I can phaze it. Hitmontop and Crobat can use Toxic, but they risk getting Will-o-Wisped in the process. Slowbro can take an unboosted Shadow Ball from full health, and specs Surf will do a lot. Sableye will shut down all Mismagius completely.

34.png
- Snorlax beats any Nidoking lacking Focus Blast, and even threatens ones that do have it, because it's a 2HKO, so you get a chance to paralyze. Crobat can also outspeed and Brave Bird if I have worn it down. If Nidoking uses Focus Blast, it generally doesn't use Thunderbolt, so Slowbro will be able to beat it. The same rule applies if it uses Fire Blast.

479.png
- Snorlax beats anything except Nasty Plot 100% of the time. It beats Nasty Plot most of the time thanks to Body Slam's paralysis rate. Roserade and Rhyperior can take unboosted Ice Beams, and hit back with either Sludge Bomb or Earthquake. Crobat can revenge kill if it isn't scarfed.

233.png
- It's very hard for this team to take out Porygon2, but it is possible. Most of the time, it involves Toxicing it with either Hitmontop, or sacrificing Crobat to do so. Rhyperior can take an unboosted Ice Beam and hit back hard with Earthquake. Snorlax can phaze it out, but it gives Pory2 a free Recover in the process. Hitmontop can threaten with Close Combat. Sableye would have an easier time due to Taunt and being immune to Tri Attack. Zapdos would help a lot too as using Toxic doesn't mean a free KO for Porygon2 like it would for Crobat most of the time.

243.png
- Snorlax beats all Raikous. +1 Aura Sphere doesn't even 2HKO, and nobody uses Aura Sphere anyways. Rhyperior also threatens any Raikou without HP Grass, because HP Ice won't OHKO thanks to Solid Rock. Crobat and Zapdos can sometimes score Toxics on switch ins as well.

379.png
- Rhyperior is a big threat to this Pokémon with Earthquake, especially since Registeel can't really touch it. Registeel doesn't normally do much outside of setting up rocks, and then spamming Twave or Toxic. Seismic Toss will do damage, but it barely phazes Rhyperior. Hitmontop can also spin away Stealth Rock, and then use Close Combat. Crobat can shut off Status and Stealth Rock with Taunt, and then give Slowbro an easy switch in and KO with specs Fire Blast.

469.png
- Roserade threatens Rhyperior with Giga Drain, and Slowbro threatens it with both Surf and Grass Knot, depending on what I think will switch in after the Rhyperior. Hitmontop helps tremendously as Intimidate will drop its attack, and it allows me to scout for whether or not Rhyperior is predicting my own Slowbro and using Megahorn.

410.png
- Snorlax beats it. It allows me to see whether Roserade is offensive or defensive, and whether or not it has sleep powder. Once I'm confident that Roserade doesn't have Sleep Powder, or I've activated the sleep clause, Crobat can go to town as well.

499.png
- Snorlax can switch in easily and threaten to cripple with Body Slam. Rhyperior can switch into a Volt Switch, but it must be careful not to switch into HP Grass. Even Overheat will do a surprising amount of damage. Once it gets in though, Stone Edge will score an easy KO.

302.png
- God this Pokémon is annoying. If I didn't have Specs Slowbro, it would be a pain to deal with. Specs Slowbro hits it for a clean 2HKO, Prankster Recover or not. Hitmontop can also surprise it sometimes with a Toxic as it switches in, and Roserade can poison it with Sludge Bomb, which makes it easier to bring down. If you use Zapdos, you'll have a much easier time against Sableye as you can Toxic it, or just spam Thunderbolt.

590.png
- Crobat and Hitmontop both beat Dragon Dance variants, but Crobat alone beats Bulk up variants. It's too defensive for Hitmontop to 2HKO. Crobat will Taunt it to prevent any more boosts, and then just Brave Bird it to death.

319.png
- Yes, I remembered the shark repellent. Hitmontop laughs at Sharpedo by using Intimidate to drop its attack, and Close Combat to bring it down. Roserade and Crobat both aren't OHKO'd by Crunch or Ice Fang, and can use Giga Drain/Brave Bird to take it down. Sableye can use Prankster Will-o-Wisp, and even Foul Play will do a decent amount despite Sharpedo's resistance, since its defenses are just that abhorrent. Zapdos beats Sharpedo for obvious reasons.

497.png
- Crobat beats Shaymin. It doesn't care about a SpDef drop thanks to a X4 resistance, and just Brave Birds everything in sight. Snorlax works to a lesser extent, it can switch in, but it doesn't like the Special Defense drops, and Snorlax gets trolled by a Substitute + Leech Seed set. Slowbro can sometimes get it with Fire Blast, or Rhyperior with Megahorn as it switches in.

80.png
- Toxic is my ally in this fight. Hitmontop and Crobat both use Toxic as Slowbro switches in a lot. Roserade can switch into anything bar Psyshock, or a specs-boosted super effective attack, and then hit it with Giga Drain for massive damage. Rhyperior also can use Megahorn as it switches in. Otherwise, my best option is to just use Snorlax to phaze it out until I can get it at the right time. If i use Zapdos, I just kill it with Thunderbolt/Discharge.

143.png
- Hitmontop switches in pretty consistantly. Intimidate means I take very little damage, even from CB sets, and I can Close Combat it on the way out. Slowbro can also score a surprise KO with Specs-boosted STAB Psyshock. Sableye would also beat it with Taunt, Will-o-Wisp, and Foul Play.

536.png
- Without sand rush, I don't even count this thing anymore. Hitmontop would beat it anyways with Intimidate, and Slowbro has enough defense to survive a Crunch or a Wild Charge, barring a crit or a defense drop. Crobat will outspeed it now too thanks to no more permanent sand. Sableye would troll it even if sand was up thanks to Prankster.

245.png
- Roserade can beat any non-Calm Mind sets. Slowbro beats any non-offensive Calm Mind sets. Snorlax beats the offensive Calm Mind sets with paralysis and phazing. Zapdos beats anything.

260.png
- Roserade OHKO's easily, otherwise Hitmontop uses Intimdate to drop its attack, and then can Toxic it. Slowbro can use Grass Knot for a swift KO. Sableye has prankster Will-o-Wisp.

473.png
- This thing is a...erm...hard Pokémon to counter. Not to use any inappropriate words. If it didn't have severe 4 moveslot syndrome, I would always lose to it. If it doesn't have Aura Sphere (which is just...lol), Rhyperior beats it. If it doesn't have Heal Bell, I can toxic it with Crobat. If it doesn't have roost, I just hit it repetitively and hope that it doesn't flinch me too much. Zapdos makes this thing eternally easier to deal with, between Discharge or Thunderbolt, and Toxic.

197.png
- Rhyperior can use Megahorn to hit it, Hitmontop has Close Combat. Crobat will totally shut it down with Taunt, and can then just Brave Bird it to death, or hand it off to one of the other two Pokémon. Snorlax can also phaze whatever it attempts to pass a wish to.

522.png
- Between Rhyperior, Snorlax, and Slowbro, I always have something to switch in. Depending on whether I think it will V-Create, Fusion Bolt, or Grass Knot, I swtich in the appropriate Pokémon, and then use either Earthquake, Body Slam, or Surf. Hitmontop can also occasionally get Sucker Punch in on it.

466.png
- Hitmontop just beats it to a bloody pulp. Sableye can use prankser Will-o-Wisp as well.

178.png
- I don't have much to deal with this directly. Snorlax can Body Slam to threaten Paralysis. Slowbro can use Specs Surf. Otherwise I might be in for trouble, since it reflects Taunt and Toxic back at my team, as well as Spikes. If I have Zapdos, this Pokémon is a lot easier to deal with.

474.png
- Stealth Rock helps a ton. Crobat can switch in with impunity, even to Tinted Lens Specs Yanmega. Snorlax switches in pretty easily too. Zapdos can switch in relatively easily, but Tinted Lens Bug Buzz in addition to Stealth Rock hurts pretty badly.

145.png
- Rhyperior will beat any Zapdos without HP Grass, since HP Ice doens't OHKO. Snorlax switches in with impunity. Crobat can get a Toxic in on a swtich sometimes. I deal with this pretty much the same ways I deal with Raikou, minus the Spikes damage.

601.png
- Since there's no way for me to really know when Zoroark is in, barring irregular hazard damage, it will probably land at least one KO on my team. Once I know what it is though, Snorlax takes anything but Focus Blast easily, and Hitmontop can use Close Combat to KO. Crobat will live anything assuming it's not +2, and can use Brave Bird. Zapdos helps too if it is the specially defensive version.

Credits:
PDC- Nothing. He did absolutely nothing. He told me to use Snorlax, and didn't even give me EVs for it. If he tries to tell you he did 90% of the team himself, don't listen to him, it's utter nonsense.
Pride- Also did nothing. He's just cool. And I test battle against him a lot.
Smogon- for the images
Xous- Props for the absolutely awesome banner up top
Anybody else I forgot- for obvious reasons.

Exportable/Importable

I don't mind if you copy this team. In fact, if you copy it, it means you like the team so much you want to use it yourself. Go for it! Just keep all the nicknames, and give credit to me if anybody asks how you came up with such a brilliant team idea (lol.) If you do something awesome with it, like winning a tournament or something, PM me and maybe I'll give you props in here. Also please note that the Slowbro and Hitmontop are both shiny sprites, so please keep those the same as well.
Rosemarie (Roserade) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest

Percy Grainger (Rhyperior) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Stealth Rock

Break Dance (Hitmontop) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Cuddles (Snorlax) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 208 HP / 124 Def / 176 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Whirlwind

Slowpr0 (Slowbro) (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Slack Off

Predator (Crobat) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Atk / 4 SDef / 136 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic

Conclusion

Thanks for taking the time to read my RMT! I think the team really shows the UU metagame pretty well, and how dominant Fighting-types and Kingdra are. I had to use half my team to feel safe against Kingdra, and half my team to feel safe against Fighting-types. That is pretty incredible when you look at it. The team also shows that despite the power creep, stall is still a completely viable option in the UU metagame. No matter what people say. (PDC.) If you are going to use this team I would wait until the final decision on Gothitelle. If it's banned, this team is a great team to use. If not, Gothitelle breaks this team apart one by one, so I would then just retire this team probably. Thanks once again for reading, hopefully I'll have more time to do this again in the future!

MrGatr

Goin Rogue Baby :DDD
I know you Stolen me with this team don't I deserve credits :p

Maybe you should try Synthesis over Rest. This makes it so you don't have to switch upon healing, making hazards a little bit less annoying.

Emvee

Aspiring Trainer
Not a bad team at all! :] I recommend putting U-Turn on Crobat instead of Toxic, which will give the team some momentum. I also recommend putting Foresight on Hitmontop instead of Sucker Punch (so that you can spin hazards even against Bulky Ghosts like Dusclops, and have the ability to hit them with Close Combat), and Rest over Toxic so you can have a form of recovery in both HP and Status. Now due to your lack of Toxic, here is my suggestion. I recommend putting Toxic Spikes on Roserade instead of regular Spikes, because this will Poison any Pokemon entering the field that land on it, and Snorlax helps by Whirlwinding it. It'll help kill off some of your threats quicker :]

Now, I recommend replacing Slowbro with Sub Chandelure. It acts as a good Anti Spinner, absorbs Fire moves for its own benefit, and counters many of the Pokemon on your threat list. Like you said Gothetelle destroys this team, but having Chandelure can change that :]

Good luck with the team!

One Approved

;
Advanced Member
hmmm those are some interesting options. It would make for a very interesting variation of the team, and I think I will give those changes a try.

The only thing I dislike about having Toxic Spikes as my only hazards outside of Rocks is that there aren't many steel-types in UU, which makes Poison a much more viable option. Roserade, Crobat (when it roosts), and Nidoking are all extremely common Pokémon, and they would all get rid of toxic spikes after I set them up. On the other hand, U-turn and the addition of Chandelure would give me a way to consistantly rack up damage without spikes, so maybe I won't need spikes on that variation. Very interesting opinions, thanks for the rate!

APimpNamedSlickback

Stuntin' on these hoes.
I would definitely suggest a spin blocker.
Some thing I would suggest using is a scarf Rotom Regular instead of Crobat because it's extremely unexpected and is an amazing scarcer ( I got 1400 points in OU using a volt turn team around it :)
Max Speed Max SpA, timid, Trick, Volt Switch, Shadow Ball, filler.
Hope it works out ^^

The Yoshi

Wumbo
Hey Teapot. I don't have too much experience with UU, but I'll give a simple rate.

I too dislike the amount of "decent" spinners in UU, and I don't really know if this suggestion is great, but with Cofagrigus moving up to UU soon, the OTR set will be problematic for this team barring Snorlax, who can't beat Cofagrigus one on one. Maybe change Hitmontop to SD Kabutops to handle Cofagrigus? An Adamant LO +2 Stone Edge will always OHKO Cofagrigus, but the decision is completely up to you. You could also go for the route of a spinblocker that can deal with bulky Ghost types such as Rotom and Cofagrigus. I do like Pimp's suggestion as a spin blocker and revenge killer.

Go with Rock Blast over Stone Edge on Rhyperior, because it is very important to break Chandelure's Sub and various Sashes from the likes of Azelf. Also, you need a Pokemon that can spread paralysis on the team (besides Snorlax + Body Slam) so Rhyperior can score more KOs without worrying about being out sped. I don't personally like the idea of an offensive Slowbro on the team, because to me the team seems more defensively oriented. I would suggest Tank Slowbro, but it's up to you.

Sorry I couldn't get to this for a while, but these are some small edits you might want to consider. Good luck with the team.

MrGatr

Goin Rogue Baby :DDD
Don't remove Crobat for a spin blocker this team needs some offensive power -_-

I would change to Tank Slowbro for sure. Another thing, you should try LO Sharpedo as he has pretty good offensive typing, and with speed boost, he easily wipes through weakened teams. With most of your mons already wearing your opponent down you should try some sort of late game sweeper, with LO Sharpedo you have to keep him untouched and the hazards completely off the field though.

I'm gonna try to ladder with this team if your OK with that, and let you know how I do :)

One Approved

;
Advanced Member
Chandelure has base 140 Special Attack, and Cofagrigus has access to Nasty Plot and Trick Room, so they would actualy both provide MORE offensive power than Crobat would. They are both completely viable options.

LO Sharpedo I don't like because it's TOO frail. Any form of revenge killing would finish it off, aside from MAYBE Hitmontop's Sucker Punch if it's not invested. It could be a late-game cleaner, but it ruins this team's awesome set of resistances.

Just to clarify, when you say "Tank" slowbro, do you mean a 252 HP/252 Def Bold set with Leftovers, or do you mean the same set I have listed, except with Life Orb? If the latter, I have actualy considered using Life Orb, since I have the ability to swap attacks and actually utilize Slack Off successfully. I just think the extra power of Choice Specs is generally better for taking out stuff like Snorlax or Porygon2

I have considered Rock Blast on Rhyperior, however I don't like it's shaky power. I figure I should be switching out to Snorlax instead of risking the Rock Blast against Chandelure anyways. With Thunder Wave on the team, it might be a more viable option, however, since Rhyperior would outspeed stuff.

EDIT: ALSO THANK YOU FOR RATING!! ^_^ unlike some people who will not be named TDL, Pride, bacon, pdc