TCG Fakes thegrovylekid's Fake Cards - Pokédex Project! (Text Based)

Nidoran M HP: 50 [P]
Basic
032.png

[C] Act Scary
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

[P][C] Act Weak
Your opponent switches his or her Active Pokémon with one of his or her Benched Pokémon.

Weakness: [P] +10
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

Also, this is the thread's 200th post. Not bad, huh?

Nidorino HP: 80 [P]
032.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Nidoran
033.png

[C][C] Protect the Female 20+
If you have Nidorina on your bench, this attack does 30 more damage.

[P][C] Show Off
Choose 1 of your Benched Basic Pokémon. This attack does 20 damage to that Pokémon. Then, search your deck for a Nidoran F, Nidorina, or Nidoqueen and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

Weakness: [P] +20
Resistance:

Nidorino HP: 80 [P]
032.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Nidoran
033.png

[C][C] Protect the Female 20+
If you have Nidorina on your bench, this attack does 30 more damage.

[P][C] Show Off
Choose 1 of your Benched Basic Pokémon. This attack does 20 damage to that Pokémon. Then, search your deck for a Nidoran F, Nidorina, or Nidoqueen and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

Weakness: [P] +20
Resistance:
Show Off's not an effect we've ever seen before, at least not to my knowledge. :O Nicely done. ;)

That said, though, I'd like to suggest putting the Nidoran/ina/queen onto your Bench directly. It feels a little underpowered otherwise. :/

Nidoking HP: 130 [F]
033.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Nidorino
034.png

[F][C] Wind-Up Hammer 30
Before doing damage, you can choose to have your turn end immediately. At the end of your next turn, this attack will do 60 damage instead.

[F][F][C] Powerful Quake 70
If you have any Nidoqueen on your bench, this attack does 10 damage to each benched Pokémon in play. (both yours and your opponents.) (Don't apply weakness and Resistance for benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: [P] +30
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C]

Clefairy HP: 60 [Y]
Basic
035.png

Poké-POWER: Follow Me
Once during your turn (before you attack) when you play Clefairy down from your hand to your bench, you may use this power. If you do, search your deck for a Supporter card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[C] Happy Slaps 10+
If none of your Pokémon on your bench have any damage counters on them, this attack does 40 more damage.

Weakness: [M] +10
Resistance: [D] -20

surprise!

one of these days I'll get a semi-consistent upload schedule.

Clefable HP: 80 [Y]
035.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Clefairy
036.png

[C] Cosmic Power
Draw 3 cards. Then, switch Clefable with 1 of your Benched Pokémon.

[Y][C] Lunar Reflection 10x
This attack does 10 damage times the number of cards in your hand.

Weakness: [M] +20
Retreat: [C][C]

Last edited:
One ------> 1

Here, have a way to remember that:

> bbninjas always picks up on this error
> bbninjas is Australian
> Australians like to shorten things
> 1 is shorter than one

Vulpix HP: 50 [R]
Basic
037.png

Poké-BODY: Ward Off
As long as Vulpix is your active Pokémon, prevent all effects of Poké-POWERs done to each of your Benched Pokémon.

[R][C] Flare 20
Discard an [R] Energy attached to Vulpix.

Weakness: [W] +10
Resistance:

Ninetales HP: 90 [R]
037.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Vulpix
038.png

Poké-POWER: Eternal Curse
Once during your turn (before you attack), when you put Ninetales from your hand onto your active Pokémon, you may use this Power. Put a Curse Marker onto all of your opponent's benched Pokémon.

[C] Spreading Fire
Put 1 damage counter on each Pokémon in play with a Curse Marker on it for each Curse Marker on that Pokémon.

[R][R][C][C][C] Flaming Abyss
Choose one of your opponent's Pokémon. If that Pokémon has 10 or more Curse Markers on it, that Pokémon is now Knocked Out.

Weakness: [W] +20
Resistance:

Planning on doing more with Curse Markers in the future!

Also, I just realised that my set is going to get a whole lot bigger soon...

EDIT: Just realised how hard Vulpix counters Ninetales. Ninetales mirrors would be painful to watch.

Last edited:
Ninetales is one of my favorites, and you definitely did it justice with that card. ^.^

Just a couple of wording notes:
  • "Active" and "Benched" are always capitalized. As a general rule, if it comes before "Pokémon" and it isn't "your", it's capitalized. :)
  • The beginning of Eternal Curse, as with all other similar Poké-Powers, should read "Once during your turn (before your attack), ..." Note the exact placement of "(before your attack)" relative to the comma and the rest of the power.
  • I don't think you actually need "with a Curse Marker on it" in Spreading Flames. Although that'd be as per XY-on wording, so no idea about DP. :/
  • I'll let bb comment on "one of your opponent's Pokémon" instead of "1 of your opponent's Pokémon". :p
Overall, I like any archetype that introduces new counters or markers, so I'm certainly looking forward to the rest of the Curse archetype! :)

Jigglypuff HP: 50 [Y]
Basic
039.png

[Y] Magic Marker
Attach a Basic Energy card from your Hand to 1 of your Benched Pokémon.

[Y][C] Puff Up
Draw 3 cards.

Weakness: [M] +10

Wigglytuff HP: 80 [Y]
039.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Jigglypuff
040.png

[Y] Act Tuff
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

[Y][C] Yoom-Tah! 30+
If the Defending Pokémon is a [D], [N], or [P] Pokémon, this attack does 30 damage plus 50 more damage.

Weakness: [M] +20

Wigglytuff's conquest art is perfect.

Last edited:
Love the "Yoom-Tah!" flavour attack. Is there a reason why you chose [D], [N] and [P] (especially [P] because it includes Psychic + Poison in addition to Ghost)?

Also, "card" is never captilised.

Love the "Yoom-Tah!" flavour attack. Is there a reason why you chose [D], [N] and [P] (especially [P] because it includes Psychic + Poison in addition to Ghost)?

Also, "card" is never captilised.
Darkrai, Dusknoir, and Dialga. Unfortunately, I can only do Ghost because [P], though if you want to take it a step further there's Team Skull which are also poison.

Zubat HP: 40 [C]
Basic
041.png

[C] Supersonic
Flip a Coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Confused.

[C][C] Night Swarm 10x
Put as many Pokémon from your hand into your Lost Zone as you like. This attack does 10 damage times the number of Pokémon put into the Lost Zone this way.

Weakness: [L] +10
Resistance: [F] -20

Golbat HP: 70 [C]
041.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Zubat
042.png

Poké-POWER: Bat Swarm
Once during your turn (before you attack), if Golbat is your Active Pokémon, you may use this Power. Discard a card from your Hand. If you do, search your Deck for a Pokémon with the word Bat in its name and put it into your hand.

[P][P][P][C] Lost Toxin
The Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned. If you have 7 or more Pokémon in your Lost Zone, put Golbat and all cards attached to it in your Lost Zone. Then, your opponent puts his or her Active Pokémon and all cards attached to it in his or her Lost Zone.

Weakness: [L] +20
Resistance: [F] -20

Notes:
- The Lost Zone exists in the DP era, but not the Stadium Lost World. Therefore, I can get as creative as I want with the effects revolving around it and alternate win conditions utilizing it.

- This may be the first Colourless Bat line.

Last edited:
If you're looking at maximum realism, you would need to tread carefully in regards to the Lost Zone, as the mechanic of the Zone is basically for a place where cards will never come back from (in regards to Golbat's Ability). Otherwise it's just a second discard pile, which makes the mechanic a mechanic for the sake of a mechanic.

For clarity's sake, for Golbat's attack, do you place all cards attach to the Pokemon in your Lost Zone? There doesn't seem to be an "and all cards attached to it" that would otherwise clarify that. :p

Anyways, nice to see you experimenting with the Lost Zone mechanic! I look forward to more. :3

Oddish HP: 40 [G]
Basic
043.png

[G] Sleep Powder
The Defending Pokémon is now Asleep.

[G][C] Surprise Sprout 10+
If the Defending Pokémon is Asleep, this attack does 20 more damage.

Weakness: [R] +10
Resistance: [W] -20

Gloom HP: 70 [G]
043.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Oddish
044.png

[G][C] Sweet Scent
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon cannot attack during your opponent's next turn.

[G][C][C] Mega Drain 40
Remove 2 Damage Counters from this Pokémon.

Weakness: [R] +20

Vilpelume HP: 120 [G]
044.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Gloom
045.png

[G][C] Spore 30
The Defending Pokémon is now Asleep.

[G][C][C] Giga Drain 70
Remove 5 Damage Counters from this Pokémon.

Weakness: [R] +30
Retreat: [C][C][C]

Paras HP: 40 [G]
Basic
046.png

[C] Scratch 10

[G][C] Parasite Control
Search your Deck for a card that evolves from Paras and put it onto Paras (this counts as evolving Paras). Shuffle your deck afterwards.

Resistance:

Parasect HP: 70 [G]
046.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Paras
047.png

Poké-POWER: Parasite Control
Once during your turn (before you attack), when you play Parasect from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon, you may use this Power. Put a Parasite Marker on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon.

[G][C] Hive Mind 10x
This attack does 10 damage times the amount of Pokémon in play with a Parasite Marker on them (Both yours and your opponent's).

Weakness: [R] +20
Resistance:

These markers will just be a one-off, probably.

Venonat HP: 50 [G]
Basic
048.png

[G] Radar Eye
Search your deck for a Trainer card, reveal it, and put it into your hand (Shuffle your deck afterwards.).

[G][C] Tackle 20

Resistance:

Venomoth HP: 80 [G]
048.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Venonat
049.png

[G] Spore Gust 20
Flip a coin. If heads, choose a Special Condition. The Defending Pokémon is now affected by that Special Condition.

[G][C][C] Bemusing Dance 40
During your opponent's next turn, whenever he or she plays a Supporter card from his or her hand, you also use that effect during that turn as if you played it from your hand.

Weakness: [R} +20
Resistance:
Retreat:

Wording seems strange on Venomoth's second attack but I'm not actually sure how to word it.

Last edited:
I'd word the second attach something like below. I'm a bit unsure whether or not "you also" should be in there, but since if using the effect was optional the wording would be "you may also", I figured "you also" should work. The whenever, by the way, is in case your opponent has the ability to play multiple Supporter cards a turn such as through the likes of Magnezone PLS.

During your opponent's next turn, whenever he or she plays a Supporter card from his or her hand, you also use that effect during that turn as if you played it from your hand.

Diglett HP: 50 [F]
Basic
050.png

[C] Tunnel Strike
This attack does 10 damage to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.).

[F][C] Digging Scratch 20
Flip a coin. If heads, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done do Diglett during your opponent's next turn.

Weakness: [G] +10
Resistance: [L] -20

Dugtrio HP: 90 [F]
050.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Diglett
051.png

Poké-BODY: Tunnel Trap
As long as Dugtrio is your Active Pokémon, if your opponent tries to retreat his or her Active Pokémon during his or her turn, they flip a coin. If tails, place 2 damage counters on that Pokémon.

[F][C] Earthquake 60
This attack does 10 damage to each Benched Pokémon in play (Both yours and your opponents.) (Don't apply weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon).

[F][F][C] Sandstorm
Place 2 damage counters on each of your opponent's Pokémon. If there is a Stadium Card in play, place 3 damage counters on each of your opponent's Pokémon instead.

Weakness: [G] +20
Resistance: [L] -20

Woo, damage control!

Meowth HP: 50 [C]
Basic
052.png

[C] Meow
Draw a card.

[C][C] Coin for a Cat
search your deck for a Basic Energy card and attach it to Meowth. Then, search your deck for a Pokémon that evolves from Meowth and put it onto Meowth (this counts as evolving Meowth). Shuffle your deck afterward.

Weakness: [F] +10
Resistance:

Persian HP: 90 [C]
052.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Meowth
053.png

[C] Meow Meow
Draw 2 cards.

[C][C] Purr 20+
Does 10 more damage for each Poké-POWER in play. (Both yours and your opponents).

[C][C][C] Act Charming
Switch the Defending Pokémon with 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. If the new Active Pokémon is a Basic Pokémon, this attack does 30 damage to that Pokémon.

Weakness: [F] +20
Resistance:

[2016-03-11, 5:55:34 PM] Carson-TDK: there was a Meowth card I did a long time ago
[2016-03-11, 5:55:38 PM] Ben JB: :O
[2016-03-11, 5:55:50 PM] Carson-TDK: but it was something like [C] Meow draw a card [C][C] meow Meow draw 2 cards
[2016-03-11, 5:55:56 PM] Ben JB: XD

^D5FBB89BD18CDBE64022E9E3A9CA19BC634E61944907F2C09F^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png
@Jabberwock is awesome.

Back