theducktamer's Artwork (Updated the Current Drawing)

theducktamer

Tamer of all Ducks!
Hello everyone!

I'm not sure how much art I'll be uploading here, but I really wanted to upload my latest piece.

I really can't stand the whole "tail on head" thing, so I took matters into my own hands. :D
2nlg6z6.png

EDIT: Redrew the head, changed the tail, made the lineart smoother. :)

RE: theducktamer's Artwork

Heh, looks better already ;]
It looks really good however the lines are very feathery. I also notice the shading is kind of upside down in places. There is sometimes a light layer, then a darker layer then a normal section and finally the brightest layer. It's hard to determine where the light source is. This is especially the case with its crotch area and the feet.

Did you use Xous' Sugimori Guide?

RE: theducktamer's Artwork

Thank you! :3

Yeah I hand drew the lineart with my pen tablet. I didn't like the way the lines were looking with the actual pen tool. I'll try and go back through to smooth them out some. :)

I've seen the guide before, but I didn't think to look at it for this...haha. I drew this at 1am last night. xD It's my first time coloring digitally, so there's definitely room for improvement. :) I mainly used the official artwork for the coloring. I'll go have a look again at Xous' guide and change the shading around.

Thank you very much for the suggestions! :)

I'll always find it amusing that Newtwo has a handle on his head for easy transportation. This looks really nice!

Back