TCG Fakes TheAnticipationEevee's Text-Based Fakes: Modernization

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
Hello there!

This is my first text based set on PokeBeach, so let's see what this leads me to :p

The concept is simple, a modernization of cards from the past revamped to today's era.

Past and Present, Pokemon unite as one in the Pokemon TCG: Modernization expansion! Discover all new strategies with remakes of the original cards such as Charizard and Blastoise, and travel through time with Celebi to find all new partners awaiting to join the battle! The Pokemon TCG: Modernization expansion features over 110 new Pokemon and 32 new Trainer cards to mash up your decks!

This set features:
- 162 Total Cards!
- 32 Trainer Cards!
- 20 Holographic Rares!
- 10 Full Arts!
- 2 Secret Rares!

Common
Uncommon
Holo Rare
Full Art
Secret Rare

Basic - Bulbasaur - - HP70

bulbasaur.gif

Sleep Seed - 10
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's Active Pokemon is now asleep.

Errand Running
Flip a coin until you get tails. For each heads, search your deck for a Trainer Card. Show it to your opponent and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance: [W] -30
Retreat Cost:
Stage 1 - Ivysaur - - HP100
Evolves from Bulbasaur

ivysaur.gif

Ability: Vine Pull
Whenever this Pokemon retreats, you may choose 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon and switch it with his or her Active Pokemon.

Magical Leaf
Your opponent chooses 3 of his or her Pokemon. This attack does 20 damage to each Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)

Retreat Cost:
Stage 2 - Venusaur - - HP170
Evolves from Ivysaur

latest

Ability: Energy Trans
As often as you like during your turn, (before your attack), you may move a [G] Energy from 1 of your Pokemon to another of your Pokemon.

Solar Beam - 150
This Pokemon cannot attack during your next turn.

Retreat Cost:
Special Energy - Boost Energy

This card can be only attached to Stage 1 or Stage 2 Pokemon. This card provides Energy while attached to a Stage 1 or Stage 2 Pokemon.

(If this card is attached is attached to anything other than a Stage 1 or Stage 2 Pokemon, discard this card.)
Special Energy - Double Rainbow Energy

This card provides every type of Energy, but only 2 Energy at a time. When the Pokemon this card is attached to is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 1 more Prize Card.
Special Energy - Prism Energy

This card can be only attached to Basic Pokemon. This card provides every type of Energy, but only 1 Energy at a time.

(If this card is attached is attached to anything other than a Basic Pokemon, discard this card.)
Special Energy - Warp Energy

Warp Energy provides 1 Energy. When you attach Warp Energy from your hand to your Active Pokémon, switch your Active Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon.
Basic - Mewtwo - [P] - HP120

Ability: Psybarrier
Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon by your opponent's Basic Pokemon.

[P] [P] [C] Psyburn - 120
Discard all Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance: None
Retreat Cost: [C] [C]
#162/ 150: ???

As a side note: anyone know how to add those Pokemon Sprites into the cards? :p

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
As a side note: anyone know how to add those Pokemon Sprites into the cards? :p
You can find sprites on various sites by using the Google search well. For an example, you could search "3DS Pokemon XY sprites" in Google to find a site that has good XY sprites. Then, you can simply get the link of the sprite you are looking for and put them into a post on PB using the following code: [img]<link to image>[/img].

camohunter19

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I really like your idea. It would be cool to see old trainers revamped. It'll be interesting to compare what you do in Modernization to what Pokemon does in Evolutions

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
4 Special Energy have now been revealed!

Revamps on Boost Energy, Double Rainbow Energy, Prism Energy and a reprint of Warp Energy!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I suggest that when you make new cards that you also post them with your 'bump' post, so your viewers don't have to search the OP for them. :)

camohunter19

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
So why play this version of Boost Energy over DCE? DCE seems superior in that I would be able to tech basics in my deck or attach to a pre-evolved basic during my turn.

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
So why play this version of Boost Energy over DCE? DCE seems superior in that I would be able to tech basics in my deck or attach to a pre-evolved basic during my turn.

DCE is not legal to play with these cards :p (this is simply rebalancing of the game if possible :))

Jk.

Rockblock #2!

I hope you have been paying attention lately! The previous clues had these strange pink letters that were floating about. Well guess what? You’ll need those letters to solve this word puzzle!

Once you have solved it, Private Message the hosts in the private chat with your answers. This will also serve as the pitstop for this race.

The last person to solve the puzzle WILL be eliminated.

Puzzle:

(One __ is one letter. This is a three word puzzle. It is a common phrase said in Big Brother).

__ __ __ __ __ __

__ __ __

__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __

Last edited: