The Yu-Gi-Oh Thread

J

Juliacoolo

This thread is for general Yu-Gi-Oh discussion.

Anyway I created this thread in hope of starting a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament among beach members. It would be online yugioh, over Duelingnetwork.com

It's free, and quite easy to learn, so even if you don't know about yugioh, feel free to sign up. So yeah, talk about yugioh and if you have interest in starting a league or a tournament, post and let me know.

Discussion question:
What are tier 1 decks right now, which are on the rise, and which are falling out?

People With interest for league/tournament:
1: Jay
2: Don()Shinobi
3: DNA
4: Shadow Lugia - THERE'S NO SPACE THERE <---- DEAL WITH IT :p - Jay
5: Dark Void
6: Blargh
7: Yakkov

Round One:

Yakkov vs. Shadow Lugia
DNA vs. Chariblaze
Jay vs. Dark Void
Don() vs. Blargh

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
RE: Yu-gi-oh

The answer to this question is quite simple.

Tier 1 consists of, in my honest opinion...

• Dino Rabbit: An all-around beast of a deck. Getting out 2400 ATK Solemn Judgments and 2300 ATK Effect Veilers on the first turn is just too much for the metagame to handle. It's too good even with the removal of ignition priority.
  • Hieratics: They wait for the right moment and simply explode in one turn. They have a fairly high chance at getting an OTK with what they have right now. Chain Disappearance ironically hurts them the least out of all decks weak to Chain Disappearance, since there are several normal Dragon-type monsters to take advantage of. Wattaildragon and Luster Dragon #2 aren't the only level 6 Dragons out there...
  • Inzektors: They're simply too good. Very similar to Hieratics in the sense that they explode in one turn, but they're a lot more consistent and can come back from behind very easily. Their most BASIC combo nets them a +4 (For those who don't know, this means that you're increasing the number of cards you have on the field and in the hand and decreasing the opponents'. In the Inzektor's case, you get 2 more cards and your opponent loses 2 cards.). And since we just got Beetron in Galactic Overlord, they're just going to get even dumber, netting them absolutely massive combos that give them blazing card advantages.
  • HERO: Not your traditional HERO deck we're talking about here. This particular deck is a beast to face against; they typically run not more than TEN monsters (My personal build runs 1 Stratos, 3 Neos Alius, 3 Bubbleman, and 2 Clayman). With Miracle Fusion and Mask Change, they can blow up every single card on the opponent's field. With several cards to empty your hand to allow the special summon of Bubbleman, you can consistently get into Blade Armor Ninja, allowing for a free 4400 damage assuming you just cleared your opponent's field with Absolute Zero and Masked HERO Acid. Dian just makes it even dumber, allowing you to search and special summon your Stratos, giving you a +2.
  • Wind-Up: Though it's fallen in popularity quite a bit, it's still a contender. Getting rid of half your opponent's hand with 2 cards isn't very fun to play against.

I honestly think Six Samurai are going to be on the rise in about a year or so when we get Hidden Arsenal 7, the set in which we'll get Evilswarm Ouroboros and Daigusto Emeral. Basically, with these cards, Six Sams have an infinite loop that allows them to draw their entire deck and banish every card in your opponent's field and hand in one turn. It requires five cards to pull this off, and it can easily be stopped by a well-timed Mystical Space Typhoon or Effect Veiler, but they already have a ton of potential even with Gateway at 1. Not to mention the TCG exclusive structure deck coming soon, which will introduce a surely broken Six Sam Xyz monster.

I'd be glad to enter a tournament if there were enough participants.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member

A tournament on DuelingNetwork? Sounds like something I could enjoy; I'm in.

Tier 1? Wind-Up and Inzektor come to mind for sure; those two are almost overbearing. Six Samurai and Dark World I've heard are up there but I'm not sure if they are Tier 1 (maybe 1.5?).
I don't follow the tourney scene in depth so I don't know for sure; all I know is that Inzektor Hornet needs to be banned, and fast :p

Edit: Oh right, forgot about Rabbit decks and HERO's comeback. Gem-Knights are pretty solid as well, from what I've heard, given how they can recycle their own Fusion card.

J

Juliacoolo

Awesome, I'll add you to the list.

What do you think of Chaos Dragon/Twilight Dragon?

I've found it to work pretty well in my testing, with a decent match-up against Dino Rabbit.
Sadly it has poor match-ups against some of the decks you listed above as well.

don()shinobi

Gah, I completely forgot about Chaos Dragon. X_X

I don't know too much about it to give detailed explanation on it, but if it opens with Future Fusion, you are screwed.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member

Hahaha I'm not that into YuGiOh but I did recently invest in a deck to play with my friends. I built a Dark Magician Beatdown deck which works pretty nicely, though definitely not as complex to play as a Synchro or XYZ or JFK or whatever it is these days. I liked old-school YuGiOh waaaay better. This new stuff is just...meh.

And isn't Chaos Dragon Envoy of the whatever banned?

DNA

Advanced Member

Serperior said:
Hahaha I'm not that into YuGiOh but I did recently invest in a deck to play with my friends. I built a Dark Magician Beatdown deck which works pretty nicely, though definitely not as complex to play as a Synchro or XYZ or JFK or whatever it is these days. I liked old-school YuGiOh waaaay better. This new stuff is just...meh.
Chaos Dragon is actually a very simplistic deck; it doesn't rely too much on Synchros or XYZs. I believe the deck's key card is REDMD, which is both simple and effective. It combos with Lightpulsar Dragon, which allows you to recycle REDMD when it's destroyed, and Lightpulsar itself is rather respectable.

'tis pretty scary if you let the deck get up and running.
edit: lol 7000 posts

Guts

CyberPhunk

Yu-gi-oh tournament? Sign me up.

Personally, I think Hero decks and Dark World decks have a lot of potential in the future, while both may not be the best of the best right now. Coincidentally, they are my favorite two archetypes to play. Oh and Machinas sometimes. :p

don()shinobi

Serperior said:
But isn't Chaos Dragon banned? Sorry I edited my post.
You're thinking of Chaos Emperor Dragon. Chaos Dragon is simply the name of the deck.

DNA

Advanced Member

Serperior said:
But isn't Chaos Dragon banned? Sorry I edited my post.
I believe you're thinking of the card Chaos Emperor Dragon, which is banned, yes. Chaos Dragon is an actual deck; it utilizes REDMD, Lightpulsar Dragon, Eclipse Dragon, and various other LIGHT and DARK Dragon-type monsters (Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon is sometimes seen) to gain monster advantage quickly (Lightpulsar and REDMD recycle each other, which is particularly deadly). And because you're running LIGHT and DARK, you can afford to run BLS and Chaos Sorcerer.

Don, go away.

J

Juliacoolo

I play chaos dragon irl, and have to say it's my favorite deck right now.

Your opponent can rarely negate more than 2 summons a turn, and even if that happens its unlikely to happen consistently. Chaos dragon can get 2+ special summons a turn once it gets going, and the monsters are just high enough to avoid standard battle loss.

What's nice is that the deck only costs around 40-50$, excluding tour guide and BLS (Which i suppose can be substituted for the money-conscious player)

Serperior

~
Advanced Member

...yeah I'm exiting the convo. You guys know waaaay more than I do. I feel n00bish. *weepsincorner*

HEY! My friend used a Dragon deck! He has Lightpulsar in there too...and Red Eyes Black Darkness Metal Dragon? (I swear that's wrong.)

And isn't it Eclipse Wyvern? Isn't Blizzard Dragon good? I swear this is gonna become YugiBeach.

J

Juliacoolo

Whichever most people prefer.

Speaking of which, what are your guys' opinions on CardCar D?

don()shinobi

Serperior said:
...yeah I'm exiting the convo. You guys know waaaay more than I do. I feel n00bish. *weepsincorner*

HEY! My friend used a Dragon deck! He has Lightpulsar in there too...and Red Eyes Black Darkness Metal Dragon? (I swear that's wrong.)

And isn't it Eclipse Wyvern? Isn't Blizzard Dragon good? I swear this is gonna become YugiBeach.
Close, you were one word off. Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon.
Eclipse Wyvern is a card used in there, yes. It's duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumb
Blizzard Dragon is rarely used, and is pretty underrated.

Jay said:
Whichever most people prefer.

Speaking of which, what are your guys' opinions on CardCar D?
I think it's a bit hyped, just like Rescue Rabbit. It helps in some decks, but most of the decks that can use it basically need to do some serious damage early game to prevent much of a comeback. The exception to this is Hieratics, which basically need an empty field and/or an Eset to OTK.

DNA

Advanced Member

And isn't it Eclipse Wyvern?
He's probably using Chaos Dragon.
REDMD = Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon.

And yeah, you're right, it is Eclipse Wyvern; my mistake.

..yeah I'm exiting the convo. You guys know waaaay more than I do. I feel n00bish.
Trust me, I don't know that much compared to other people here either. Heck, I'm so terrible at deckbuilding that someone else built my deck and I just tweaked it.

Edit: And yes, Blizzard Dragon is severely underrated.

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS

I'll join a tournament. I don't pay much attention to tiers and things and prefer to make my own decks are determine for myself how they work so I probably won't do too well but it'll be fun.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member

Lololol I'm such a nooooooob. Oh well. Yeah my friend runs that deck and it's pretty good.

What's your favorite YGO card? (Mine's Dark Magician. :3)

don()shinobi

I didn't think that favorite topics were allowed, though ._.

But I'd have to say Infernal Incinerator. Not a very good card at all, but it was extremely fun to use back in the day when we believed in the heart of the cards and all.