The Yu-Gi-Oh Thread

RE: Yu-gi-oh

Just so long as it isn't exclusively a favorites topic, then we're good.

My favorite card has and probably always will be Relinquished, because of its ability to steal anything. However, lately I've been growing fond of Hyper Psychic Blaster (which can pierce and heal at the same time) and Miracle Synchro Fusion (because I've drawn it during several heart-of-the-cards moments).

Infernal Incinerator...a card I actually remember lol. Relinquished was cool. I remember him too. Thousand-Eyes Restrict...what'd he do again?

Anyone know of any legit Spellcasters/Spellcaster cards that would go nicely in my Dark Magician deck? It has Secret Village of the Spellcasters in it already, Dark Eradicator Warlock, Sorcerer of Dark Magic, Apprentice Magician, Breaker the Magical Warrior, Skilled Dark Magician, Dark Magician (and Girl), Magician's Valkyria, Cybernetic Magician, and Old Vindictive Magician. (COST-FRIENDLY CARDS ONLY.) Hehehe. I probably forgot one or two...

Monsters (24)
2 Apprentice Magician
1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
2 Breaker the Magical Warrior
2 Buster Blader
2 Crusader of Endymion
3 Dark Magician
2 Dark Magician Girl
1 Effect Veiler
2 Elemental Hero Prisma
2 Magical Exemplar
2 Night's End Sorcerer
3 Skilled Dark Magician

Spells (12)
1 Dark Hole
1 Dark Magic Curtain
1 Heavy Storm
2 Magical Dimension
1 Monster Reborn
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Polymerization
3 Secret Village of the Spellcasters

Traps (6)
2 Magic Cylinder
2 Magician's Circle
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute

Extra Deck (13)
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Arcanite Magician
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
2 Dark Paladin
2 Explosive Magician
1 Number 39: Utopia
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Steelswarm Roach
2 Tempest Magician
1 Thought Ruler Archfiend

As nice of a deck that is, Envoy of the Beginning isn't exactly a cheap card. It's around the $35-$40 range.

Good God that's a lot of what I don't have...that seems more Spell Counter based. My deck is purely Dark Magician. I run Dark Magic Attack and Thousand Knives, and I'm surprised there isn't Magical Dimension here in this list when it's good. I'll post my list later. Maybe. Unless I get mocked. :p

Nothing wrong with posting your own list here if you want it tweaked around a bit. Jay was just posting an example Dark Paladin list. (It's not a Spell Counter-based deck; Spell Counter decks use a lot more Spells and Magical Citadel of Endymion.)

I know there was a Dark Magician-like deck in the WC2006 game; I found a link to it on this page (scroll down to Dark Eradicator Warlock). It's a 2005 deck so a lot of it might seem old/outdated, but hopefully it might inspire you a bit.

And though very new, you might want to look into the Magical archetype. It has a ton of good Spellcaster support.

Yeah, I think it would be a good idea to post your decks here if you think it needs some tweaking or you just want general advice. I can start with a Machnina build a friend on Pojo helped me with. They've also got some decent guides for budget players.

-=Monster=- 17
2x Machina Fortress
1x Machina Gearframe
1x Machina Cannon
2x Green Gadget
2x Red Gadget
2x Yellow Gadget
1x Scrap Recycler
2x Cardcar D
2x Tragoedia
2x Effect Veiler

-=Spells=- 8
2x Pot of Duality
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Mind Control

-=Traps=- 13
1x Mirror Force
1x Starlight Road
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Solemn Warning
2x Fiendish Chain
2x Torrential Tribute
2x Dimensional Prison
2x Call Of The Haunted
2x Ultimate Offering

-=Extra=-
1x Catastor
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Scrap Dragon
2x Daigusto Emeral
2x Geargiganto X
1x Fairy King Alverd
1x Lavalval Chain
1x Wind-Up Zenmaines
1x Number 11: Big Eye
1x Number 16: Shock Master
1x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1x Number 39: Utopia
1x Number 50: Black Corn

Machina Cannon is quite honestly very, very bad. For basically the same discarding cost as Fortress (You can discard some random Machine and a Fortress to special summon the Fortress you just discarded), you get a monster with less ATK and no effect like Fortress has. Not only that, but Fortress can special summon itself from the graveyard. Take it out and put in another Gearframe; when you get a Fortress to your hand, with the way that these types of decks work, chances are it's going to keep coming back.

With a format full of Hieratics, Inzektors, and Wind-Ups, I find Mirror Force to not be a staple. Inzektors can pop it with Hornet, Hieratics can pop it with Su, and Wind-Ups will discard half your hand...and then pop it with Zenmaioh. And to add on top of that, Fortress has a self-protection mechanism that it can and will use when your opponent is capable of getting rid of it. Sounds crazy, I know, but I'd take out Mirror Force and put in a Pot of Avarice. You've got a lot of Machines to take advantage of with Fortress, but Avarice lets you recycle them and gain card advantage off of it, allowing even more Fortress plays.

tl;dr version
-1 Mirror Force
-1 Machina Cannon
+1 Pot of Avarice
+1 Machina Gearframe

Which do you guys prefer as your banishing trap of choice? Chain Disappearance, Dimensional Prison, Bottomless Trap Hole, or none of the above? Does it depend on the deck you're using?

I kinda liked reading this even though to me it's a completely different language lol. I know nothing about Yu-Gi-Oh.
EDIT: Made a third page on a thread! Never done before!

I personally like Chain Disappearance. It counters a LOT of the metagame. Says bai bai to Wind-Up Rat, Inzektor Dragonfly, and normal Dragons (because most Hieratic players are too stupid to run 1 copy each of Meteor Dragon, Wattaildragon, and Luster Dragon #2). Also stops a lot of random key cards like Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle and Debris Dragon, so it's always a nice card. And if I can't use it very well, then I just use my 2 Solemn Warning and my 1 Solemn Judgment. And if THOSE don't work, then Fiendish Chain is always there.

Hiya all :3

I'd never expected to see a Yu-Gi-Oh! thread here. That is pretty cool actually :3

Anyhow, I run chaos dragons and heros. But my hero deck is 99% pure. The exception is a Neo-Spacian Grand Mole.

Not sure if I'd get a response, but I just made a Water control deck with the cards that just came out on DN. I'd like some assistance in deciding what to run, exactly.

Image Version
5WgNY.jpg

Text Version
Monsters: 19
2x Skreech
2x Deep Diver
3x Deep Sea Diva
1x Gishki Diviner
2x Atlantean Marksman
3x Atlantean Armsman
3x Poseidra, the Atlantean Dragon Lord
3x Fishborg Launcher

Spells: 14
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
2x Swords of Revealing Light
3x Surface
1x Foolish Burial
1x Pot of Avarice
2x Moray of Greed

Traps: 7
2x Call of the Haunted
2x Treasure Map
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Solemn Warning

Extra: 15
1x Diagusto Phoenix
1x Black Ray Lancer
2x Gachi Gachi Gantetsu
1x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1x Shining Elf
1x Number 96: Dark Mist
1x Leviair the Sea Dragon
2x Sea Dragon Lord Gishilnodon
1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier

The basic strategy of the deck is to get out Poseidra as fast as possible. Cards like Skreech dump Poseidra and Launcher, while Deep Diver searches for Deep Sea Diva to get the combo going. Diva tutors an Atlantean/Diviner, special summon Launcher, then tribute for Poseidra. Poseidra can trigger Treasure Map and help recycle Call of the Haunted and Swords of Revealing Light for a mini loop of sorts. Not to mention Poseidra is a decent card in itself, with a massive 2800 ATK.

Any thoughts?

This deck isn't half bad actually. Its seems to have promise ^^ But these new atlantean cards seem cool.

I play a bit on DN but i'm really bad. Interested in the tournament though.

As far as a dueling network tournament, that sounds pretty fun. Count me in ^^

RE: Yu-Gi-Oh!

Is everyone who wanted to be added to the list added? We only need one more person to start a decent-sized tournament.

RE: Yu-Gi-Oh!

If you don't get anybody else after a while, I'll join. I know nothing about Synchro monsters nor most of the cards, but playing the game is easy enough.

Back