Writing The Worst of the Worst - Teapot's LeafGreen Playthrough - Finished. Please give me feedback!!

One Approved

;
Advanced Member
the_worst_of_the_worst_by_spm3-d83ll2h.png

Props to Spammy for the banner​

Hello Pokebeach, One Approved (aka Teapot) here, and I've decided to do a playthrough of Pokemon LeafGreen. I'm not really into the Choose my Team runthroughs, they've just never been my style, while every time I've done a Nuzlocke I've gotten demolished by crits and such. So I'm going to try a different kind of runthrough called "The Worst of the Worst"

Da Rules

~No OU Pokemon. No UU Pokemon. No good NU pokemon. This game is to be explicitly run through with the worst fully evolved pokemon available in the game.
~All boss battles are to be Set battle style. This includes Elite Four, Champion, Gym Leaders, Rival Battles, and Giovanni.
~All captured pokemon will be nicknamed
~The object is to triumph over all hardships with your team. Therefore, all legendaries must die.
~In the anime, when Ash challenges a Gym Leader, he must play by their rules whether it be 2-on-2 doubles, or 6-on-6 singles. Similarly, I will play by the game mechanics the bosses use. This means: no spamming Hyper Potions, only 1 per battle. No mid-battle use of Revives. Only 1 pokemon may hold a healing berry. Things like this.
~Vaporeon is best eevelution

Chapters

We begin with what was probably the most typical Thursday of all time. I was going about about my usual duties, working at McDonald’s. It isn’t the most glorious job in the entire world, but you have to pay the college bills somehow.

*PMJ, Teapot, and ShiningRaikou have joined #McDonald’s
*ChanServ sets mode +q on ShiningRaikou
<PMJ> why do I even work here
<PMJ> this job sucks
<Teapot> bruuuuuuuh
<Teapot> at least you do grill
<Teapot> you don’t even have to deal with the customers
<Teapot> Last night somebody came through with an obnoxiously loud engine
<Teapot> DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT’S LIKE?
<Teapot> “I’d like to order a McDouHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG ketchup HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG and HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG sir, are you he HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG.”
<~ShiningRaikou> Lol that guy was ridiculous
<~ShiningRaikou> And then he just threw his change at me when I asked him to repeat his order up at the window
<PMJ> LOL
<PMJ> Yeah, I guess it could be a lot worse.
<~ShiningRaikou> Hey Teapot, after you take the trash out, you are free to go.
<Teapot> k
*Teapot Grabs garbage
*Teapot has left #McDonalds
<PMJ> …does he know?
<~ShiningRaikou> NOPE LOL
<~ShiningRaikou> ^5
<PMJ> ^5​

I walked outside, singing to myself as I went. There was supposedly a chicken that inhabited the dumpster area, so I wondered if he would see it tonight. I didn’t get the chance to. Before I could reach the dumpster, bright lights started to blind me, and trippy sound effects started blaring as well. BEEEEEEEEEEOEOOOOOOOOOOUEUEUEUEUUE. I could feel myself being sucked into something, similar to a whirlpool. Before I had a chance to react, I was swept off of my feet.

*ChanServ has invited Teapot into #PalletTown
<ChanServ> The various buttons will be explained in the order of their importance
<ChanServ> up, down, left, right moves the main character. Also used to choose various data headings
<ChanServ> A used to confirm a choice, check things, chat, and scroll test
<ChanServ> B used to exit, can-
<Teapot> did you say the A button scrolls text?
<ChanServ> Yes. Now, the B but-
*Teapot mashes the A button
<~PMJ> Hello there! Glad to meet you! Welcome to the world of Pokemon!
<Teapot> …you have a labcoat.
<PMJ> Yes. It is because I recently applied to and was accepted as a Pokemon Professor!!
<Teapot> Did you say I’m in the world of pokemon?
<PMJ> Yeah bro. Zack and I built this game and we want you to play through it.
<Teapot> NICE
<PMJ> oh, sorry, I have to get back to the script now. Ahem.
<PMJ> My name is Oak
<PMJ> People affectionately refer to me a-
*Teapot mashes A button
<PMJ> Are you a Boy or a girl?
<Teapot> …
<PMJ> Girl it is
<Teapot> sonofa-
<PMJ> Aight so we gotta name your rival now
<PMJ>Who’s somebody you’re going to thoroughly enjoy beating on a regular basis?
*PG24 has joined #PalletTown
<PG24> YO I JUST SMASHED PRIDE AT CHESS LIKE 5 GAMES IN A ROW
<PG24> Anyways what’s up?
<PMJ> …works for me!
<PMJ> Teapot! Your very own legend is about to unfold! There will be many challenges along the way, and
<Teapot> Bro, this game is 2 ez. There’s literally nothing you can do to make this game challenging.
<PMJ> Oh you think so, eh?
<PMJ> >:]​

Knowing that PMJ is going to be out to get me for this entire game, I decide to rest up and get a fresh start tomorrow. I save the game, and promptly fall asleep in my bed, dreaming of the adventures that are to come.
Chapter 1
Chatper 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Current Team

[animate]raticate[/animate]
Rocket (Raticate) Lv. 59, Bold nature

[animate]beedrill[/animate]
Killer Bee (Beedrill) Lv. 58, Hasty nature

168.png

Aragog (Ariados) Lv. 32, Timid nature

[animate]wigglytuff[/animate]
Hungrybox (Jigglypuff) lv. 58, Careful nature

[animate]farfetchd[/animate]
Noble Duck (Farfetch'd) lv. 60, Adamant nature

219.gif

Vesuvius (Magcargo) lv. 40, Modest nature

RE: The Worst of the Worst - Teapot's LeafGreen Playthrough - Prologue

<PMJ> Are you a Boy or a girl?
<Teapot> …
<PMJ> Girl it is

PMJ wrote that part himself didn't he? Lol

Looking awesome and funny so far. I'll keep reading. :D Good luck!

I impatiently wait for chapter 1.

The prologue was a tad short, so I felt the need to get Chapter 1 up ASAP. Enjoy!
Chapter 1: A Trainer's beginning
BEEEEEDOOOOOBEEEEDOOOOBEEEDOOOOOOOO. I wake up to the slightly less-than-calming sound of my alarm going off. I really hate mornings. Naturally I roll out of bed, and grab a Mountain Dew and some Pop Tarts. The breakfast of champions. My mother gives me some final good-byes and whatnot.

]<King_Arceus> I’m excited for your new adventures, but I’ll miss you
<King_Arceus> oh BTW, PMJ was looking for you earlier
<King_Arceus> you should go to the lab, I think
<Teapot> man, screw that
<Teapot> DIIIIIIIIIP​

I immediately bolt from my home and try to run into the tall grass, but PMJ gets to me first.

<~PMJ> bruuuuuuuuuh
<~PMJ> you can’t just dip without getting a pokemon
*PMJ invites Teapot to join #lab
<Teapot> but I wanna go on an adventure!
<Teapot> UGH FINE
*Teapot has joined #lab​

I get to the lab, and PG24 is there waiting for me. Despite the fact that he’s being a whiny little brat, I’m still happy to see him again.

<PG24> PMJ I wanna pokemon
<~PMJ> Just wait a min-
<PG24> BUT I WANT IT NOW
<~PMJ> …
*PMJ sets mode +v on Teapot
*PMJ sets mode +m
<+Teapot> TOP KEK
<~PMJ> Now listen you fools
<~PMJ> When I was young, I roamed the land with my pokemon and was quite the trainer
<~PMJ> I even won the 2nd official PokeBeach tournament, knocking off trainers such as Bam and etceteraetcetera along the way
<~PMJ> I dreamed of meeting all kinds of pokemon, but I’m too laz, er, old to do it now. So you’re going to do it for me whether you like it or not.
<~PMJ> I have three pokemon here, you guys should take 1 each
<~PMJ> Teapot, since you’re not a whiny little prat, you can pick first​

I stare at the 3 pokeballs for quite a while. Partially because picking a lifelong partner is difficult, and partially because I just want to make PG24 wait even longer. Teehee. I finally decide on Bulbasaur, due to me not having used a grass-type starter in a LONG time, but before I can reach it, PMJ slaps my hand out of the way.

<~PMJ> yeah, like I’m gonna let you get away with picking the guy that has a type advantage against the first 4 gyms lol
<~PMJ> You get Charmander, and PG24 can have Squirtle.​

I guess PMJ really is going to make this as difficult for me as possible. I decide to nickname my new partner “Smaug” after the great beast from the book, The Hobbit. Smaug is definitely a fitting name for a giant, flying, fire-breathing lizard. I start to make my way out of the lab, but before I can, PMJ makes the mistake of giving James his voice back.

*PMJ sets mode +v on PG24
<PG24> WAIT, 1V1 ME IRL YOU SCUMMY LITTLE SLIMEBALL
<PG24> I BET YOU 80 BUCKS I WILL WIN
<Teapot> k​

James and I begin our first of what I assume will be many fights to come. Smaug takes to the field (or in this case, the lab) in an epic blaze of fire and glory. Squirtle on the other hand just comes out of his ball and pathetically gets stuck on his back like all turtles do. I’m about to have Smaug unload a fury of attacks (aka Scratch) but PMJ decides to interrupt me before I get the chance.

<~PMJ> So, Teapot, you’ve never had a pokemon battle before right?
<Teapot> Yes. I have. SMAUG USE SCRATCH ATTACK!!!!!!11111!1!!!
<PMJ> Inflicting damage is the key to any battle
<Teapot> gee thanks Professor PMJ, you’re a big help!​

Smaug and Squirtle go back and forth, exchanging Scratches and Tackles, each taking more damage than a crash test dummy. About halfway through the battle, I remember that I forgot to grab the potion out of my PC before I came to the lab this morning. Fortunately, PG24 (miraculously) doesn’t get any crits, so Smaug wins the battle with ~3 HP left.

<+Teapot> Smaug, you did great!
<Smaug> aww I just got lucky is all
<+Teapot> JESUS CHRIST HE TALKS
<~PMJ> SURPRIIIIIIISE! All the pokemon can talk in this game.
<+Teapot> Well, at least Smaug is very modest about himself, so I don’t have to hear trashtalking all the time.
<+Teapot> well, it’s been real guys
<+Teapot> Deuces
*Teapot has left #lab​

In case you can’t tell, Charmander is a Modest nature, which I’m pretty pumped about. Anyways, now that I’m finally free to fly (after taking PG24’s $80 of course,) I make a beeline for Viridian city. I make sure to talk to the guy who gives you a free potion, and then I remember to grab the potion from my PC once I find the PokeCenter. Charmander slays a couple of Pidgey on the way over, but otherwise nothing eventful really happens. The next stop I make is in the PokeMart, because I want to stock up on some items. Instead I get another chore to do from the guy behind the counter.

<GODZILLA> bruuuuh you from pallet?
<+Teapot> Yeah, I did
<GODZILLA> Man, I haven’t spoken to him in forever. Can you give him this from me?
<+Teapot> sure, man.
<GODZILLA> Thanks man. I really appreciate it.​

As I leave, I grab the potion that’s sitting behind the cuttable tree, but of course instead of running another errand I just try to make it up to Viridian forest. Unfortunately, I’m blocked.

<DNA> LOL YOU CAN’T GO THROUGH HERE
<+Teapot> wtf
<DNA> NICE TRY THO
<DNA> Now go be the good little Teapot I know you are and run that package over to PMJ
<~Teapot> DNA you troll
*DNA tips fedora and takes a bow​

Seeing no other option, I run back to Pallet Town to get PMJ his package from PB’s old member, GODZILLA. Or in this case, I walk back to Pallet Town because I don’t actually have the running shoes yet. Sigh. I arrive at the lab and PG24 is there as well. He’s clearly been crying since I beat him in our last battle.

*Teapot has joined #lab
<+Teapot> Here, PMJ. Zilla gave this to you
<~PMJ> You saw Godzilla? That’s awesome! Thanks a bunch bro, I really appreciate that
<~PMJ> Here’s some PokeBalls to go catch pokemon with
<~PMJ> Here’s some for you too, James
<~PMJ> Now gtfo and go fill your pokedexes
<~PMJ> Peace
*PMJ has kicked Teapot out of #lab​

James is punted out shortly thereafter, and we run over to get some town maps. Awaiting us at what is apparently PG24’s house is a familiar face.

<Bellomence> PMJ asked you to run an errand for him? Gee, that’s lazy
*PG24 drools
<Bellomence> …err… okay then. Here are some town maps. Anyways, I’ll see you guys around!
*Bellomence walks away giggling​

So now, I’m actually free to fly! I bolt for the grass to catch all sorts of new friends, and the first thing that appears is a Rattata. I’m about to slay it, but…

<PMJ> CATCH THE RATTATA! DO IT NOW
<+Teapot> *sigh*
*Teapot sends out Smaug
<+Teapot> All right, Smaug. Apparently we have to catch this pathetic pokemon, sooo
<Rattata> WHO YOU CALLING PATHETIC??
<Rattata> I WILL RIP YOUR FACE OFF AND THEN FEED IT TO MY CHILDREN
<Smaug> …e__e
<+Teapot> seems legit. GET IT WITH SCRATCH ATTACK!​

After 1 scratch attack, it’s within range, and I chuck a PokeBall at it. It works. This pokemon talks a lot of trash for somebody so small, but I can appreciate it. It’s a bold nature (.cry) so I nickname it “Rocket” because it reminds me of the rodent from Guardians of the Galaxy. A little further down the road , after a plethora more Rattata appear, a wild pidgey appears.

<+Teapot> WILD PIDGEY LET’S CATCH IT
*Teapot sends out Smaug
<+Teapot> Smaug use Scratch!
*Smaug uses Scratch!
<+Teapot> now, PokeBall! Go!
*Teapot throws PokeBall
*PMJ slaps the PokeBall out of the air
<~PMJ> YEAH RIGHT LOL
<~PMJ> AS IF I’M GONNA LET YOU CATCH THE MOST STEREOTYPICAL FLYING TYPE IN THE GAME
<+Teapot> But now I’m down a pokeball, and on that wasted turn, Smaug fainted -__-
<~PMJ> Sucks to suck, bro.
<~PMJ> Better get to a pokecenter!!![/align[

I do. I rushed to the PokeCenter because PMJ is a giant derpface, and I now need to heal my team up. I pray to Jesus that I don’t run into another pokemon since the only other guy I have at this point is a lv. 4 Rattata. Another friendly face is waiting there for me.

[align=center]<~ShiningRaikou> Welcome to our PokeCenter!
<+Teapot> …wat
<~ShiningRaikou> I know, it’s a little weird me being in Nurse Joy’s role.
<~ShiningRaikou> But this way I get to keep track of how well you’re doing the entire game.
<~ShiningRaikou> and cheer for you, etc.
<~ShiningRaikou> besides, as a game maker I need kind of a neutral role
<~ShiningRaikou> Since I’m not going to harass you like PMJ is going to
<+Teapot> …I guess e.e
<~ShiningRaikou> so do you want your pokemon healed or not?
<+Teapot> yes plz​

After Shining Raikou graciously healed my pokemon, I headed back to GODZILLA’s pokemart, where I stocked up on items. I purchased several Potions, several Anditotes, and some Paralyze Heals for good measure. When I left, it seemed that DNA was finally done trolling me.

[align]<DNA> oh good you ran PMJ’s package back to him
<DNA> you can pass now
<+Teapot> gee, thanks
<DNA> oh wait, let me show you how to catch a pokemon first!
<+Teapot> but I already caught a-
<DNA> NO EXCUSES!
*DNA promptly catches a Weedle
<+Teapot> aren’t you supposed to lower its HP first?
<DNA> I’m a ninja, I don’t need to lower pokemon’s HP to catch them.
<DNA> here, have a Teachy TV
*DNA hands Teapot the Teachy TV
<+Teapot> err… thanks, I guess?
<DNA> You’re welcome. Now get your butt into Viridian forest and go catch a Weedle just like I showed you how.
<+Teapot> but I don’t wanna catch a Weedle…
<DNA> too bad, PMJ said you have to lol![/align]

Before DNA can give me any other silly requests, I depart immediately and head to the forest. I figured DNA wasn’t kidding about PMJ making me do so, so I do promptly catch a Weedle, and nickname him “Killer Bee” because Beedrill is a freaking huge bee. I wander a little further into the forest, leveling up my team painfully slow, because at this point I’m still just sending them out and recalling them for Smaug to actually KO. A little ways down though, I am rudely interrupted.

*PBGuest has joined #ViridianForest
<PBGuest> Hey you have pokemon!
<Teapot> …yeah.
<PBGuest> C’mon let’s battle ‘em!
<Teapot> I’m not sure I want-
<PBGuest> HERE’S MY FRIEND CODE 918439 103091 3031—tofkd0-03kf03fw​

So we battle. Charmander burns his team (Weedle and Caterpie) alive, and I take his money and leave to go train again in peace. Or so I thought.

*PBGuest81 has joined #ViridianForest
<PBGuest81> Yo, you can’t just jam it if you’re a trainer!
<PBGuest81> my friend code is 8194 019-
<Teapot> *sigh*​

I ruthlessly slaughter this guy’s team too, only needing to use Rattata to take out his 2 Caterpies. After taking this guy’s money too, I figure I’ll go scavange for some items, right?

*PBGuest24 has joined #ViridianForest
<+Teapot> …don’t make eye contact…don’t make eye contact…
<PBGuest24> Did you know pokemon evolve?
<+Teapot> oh…yeah, I did. For a second, I thought you were gon-
<PBGuest24> MY FRIEND CODE IS 1988 – 1913 – 9133 – 12
<+Teapot> OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD​

After about 17 more guests talk to me and get slaughtered, I finally make it to Pewter City. I figure Charmander is in pretty good shape to take down the gym (thanks gamefreak for Metal Claw, all of us Charmander-lovers appreciate it.) I figured I would explore the next route and see if there’s any other guys I could catch, but I can’t even go further.

<DNA> HOLD IT RIGHT THERE
<+Teapot> …you’re there. But you were just back in Viridian. Now you’re-
<DNA> how many times do I have to tell you that I’m a ninja?
<DNA> anyways, do you know what the first thing all new trainers do in a new city is?
<+Teapot> …stop at a pokecenter?
<DNA> THEY GO CHALLENGE THE GYM! FOLLOW ME YOUNG TEAPOT!
*DNA walks Teapot over to the gym
<DNA> oh, a message from PMJ. Brock uses 2 pokemon at his gym.
<+Teapot> …and?
<DNA> well, you have to follow all gym rules when you battle them. So you will be fighting brock 2 on 2.
<+Teapot> …k
<DNA> Guess which 2 pokemon you’re going to use!!
<DNA> Hint: neither of them is a Charmander!
<+Teapot> This is why I shot you in that werewolf game.
<+Teapot> Twice.
<+Teapot> Guess I better go grind some more. /cry​

I make my way all the way back through Viridian forest, and decide to go to the route right before the pokemon League, maybe there will be some pokemon there, right? Before I go too far, a wild Spearow appears, and I try to catch it, hoping PMJ doesn’t troll me by slapping the PokeBall away again. He doesn’t. Spearow is successfully caught and nicknamed “Valiant”. I continue along, and get ambushed by none other than PG24.

]<+PG24> LOL YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA CHALLENGE THE POKEMON LEAGUE
<+PG24> no but srs, they won’t let you through unless you have badges sooo
<+PG24> LET’S FITE INSTEAD
<+PG24> Bet you 80 more bucks I win
<+Teapot> k
*Teapot sends out Rocket
*PG24 sends out Pidgey
<Rocket> AWWWW YEAH BOI WHO’S THAT BIRD THERE
<Rocket> YO BIRD
<Rocket> YOU AIN’T GOT CRAP
<Rocket> I’M GOING TO RIP YOUR WING OFF AND HIT YOU IN THE FACE WITH IT
<+Teapot> Just saying, you don’t need to use all caps when you talk trash at someone
<Rocket> WHATEVER BRUH THIS MAKE ME FEEL BIGGER THAN I ACTUALLY AM, OK?
<Rocket> I'M A RATTATA, CUT ME SOME SLACK​

An epic battle ensues. And by epic, what I really mean is that instead of just exchanging tackles, they exchanged Quick Attacks instead! Wowee! Rocket finishes of the mini bird Jesus fairly quickly, but his starter is up next.

*PG24 sends out Squirtle
<Rocket> COME AT ME BRUH! I GOT DIS
*Squirtle uses Bubble
*Rocket fainted!
<Rocket> NEVERMIND BRUH IT’S ALL ON YOU
<Rocket> I’M OUT
<+Teapot> *sigh*​

I send out Weedle to get the experience, and I switch into Smaug immediately. I know I’m weak, but Smaug is several levels higher than Squirtle is, so he gets the job done, and I take 80 more dollars from James! Afterwards, I have no choice but to level up in the forest once more.

*Teapot mashes A button
*Teapot mashes A button
*Weedle evolves into Kakuna
*Teapot mashes A button
…..several hours later…….
*Teapot mashes A button
*Teapot mashes A button
*Teapot mashes A button
*Kakuna evolves into Beedrill
<+Teapot> OK, I doubt we’ll win, but let’s go challenge the gym anyways lol!

*Teapot has joined #Gym​

I take in the place around me, and it seems pretty cool. Great Boulders surround me on all sides, and the walls are made for Rock Climbing. Before I challenge, I figure it’s best to get some advice from the helpful Gym Leader Advice guy.

<+Teapot> Hey, what’s good to use in this gym?
<AlphaNinja> Brock uses Rock-type pokemon
<AlphaNinja> so I think Bug-types are good to use
<+Teapot> …isn’t bug weak to rock?
<AlphaNinja> yeah, but in the TCG they’re the same type as Grass, which is good against Rock
<+Teapot> …wat
<AlphaNinja> Use your Beedrill and you’ll be fine.

After hearing this advice, I proceed to set Rocket as the first Pokemon in my party, and I make my challenge.

<@MtheW> Welcome to Pewter City Gym!
<+Teapot> Ah, I wondered who the gym leaders would be
<+Teapot> mostly active VG members, I assume?
<@MtheW> yep. I drew the short straw and had to be Brock. I just took on 3 challengers in a row who used Squirtle.
<@MtheW> fml
<+Teapot> I think you’re in for a pleasant surprise this time around…
<@MtheW> Excellent! Let’s get started!
*MtheW sent out Geodude!
*Teapot sent out Rocket
<Rocket> LOL THIS GUY’S A ROCK
<Rocket> LIKE HE’S LITERALLY A ROCK
<Rocket> WATCH ME SHAEK MY FLUFFY TAIL AROUND
*Rocket used Tail Whip! Geodude’s defense fell!
<Rocket> LOL WE GOT THIS IN THE B-
*Geodude used Tackle
<Rocket> OW! Sonofa…​

Unfortunately, Rocket’s epic smack talk didn’t really intimidate the Geodude like it did other pokemon. On the contrary, it just seemed to aggravate him. Rocket takes the battle seriously from this point forward, using Tail Whip first, then using Hyper Fang on Geodude’s -1 Defense. Geodude would alternate between using Tackle and Defense Curl, to combat the lowered defenses. In the end, Rocket’s sheer determination overpowered the type disadvantage.

*Rocket used Hyper Fang! Geodude Fainted!
<Rocket> ey uh, bro? You got any potions in that bag of yours.
<+Teapot> just one
<Rocket> I need it. Plz
*MtheW sent out Onix!
I used my potion on Rocket, but that doesn’t seem to be a great idea.
*Onix used Rock Tomb! Rocket’s Speed fell!
<Rocket> that hurt. Like a lot.
<Rocket> maybe I’d be more worried if I was fighting an ACTUAL ANIMAL INSTEAD OF A GIANT ROCK SNAKE! LOSER!​

Oddly enough, Rocket’s strategy seems to work, because Onix proceeds to miss four of its next five attacks in its anger. Meanwhile, Rocket continues to troll by playing the hit-and-run game

*Rocket used Hyper Fang!
*Rocket runs away
<Rocket> LELELELELELELELELEL
*Rocket used Hyper fang!
*Rocket runs away
<Rocket> LELELELELELELELELEL​

This only works for so long, though. Onix eventually drops another Rock Tomb and obliterates Rocket, but not before irreparable damage is done. Onix is only left with ~5 HP. Easy work as Killer Bee comes in and finishes the Onix off with Fury Attack. And thus, the Boulderbadge is won.

<@MtheW> wow, I can’t even beat a Rattata and a Beedrill with 2 Rock-types
<@MtheW> that’s just sad. These pokemon really suck
<@MtheW> Still, though. That’s pretty gutsy of you to challenge my gym with only 2 pokemon at an extreme disadvantage, and to pilot them to victory. You have earned these.
*MtheW gives the Boulderbadge to Teapot
*MtheW gives TM39 Rock Tomb to Teapot
*MtheW sets mode +h on Teapot
<%Teapot> oh excellent, I needed that
<AlphaNinja> Hey, congrats on yo-
*Teapot has kicked AlphaNinja from #Gym (get out)​

RE: The Worst of the Worst - Teapot's LeafGreen Playthrough - Chapter 1

CHAPTER 2

Chapter 2
With the boulderbadge in hand and the ability to use flash outside of battle (yippee??), I make my way back to the PokeCenter, where ShiningRaikou heals my pokemon, and then I set off to Pewter City’s east. DNA is waiting for me.

<DNA> Teapot o/
<%Teapot> \o
<DNA> nice hops
<%Teapot> Thanks. I kicked AlphaNInja with them
<DNA> YES ^5
<%Teapot> ^5
<DNA> I approve of all of this so much, her e, just take these
<DNA> You deserve them
*DNA gives Teapot the running shoes
<%Teapot> Awesome, thanks bro. I’m sure I’ll see you sometime later
*Teapot runs (literally, because I can now.)​

I hadn’t gone too far when I was spotted by another trainer. She forced her friend code upon me like every other trainer in this godforsaken land. I use my Rattata to thrash her Pidgey around, and then I take her money. Another few steps, and I spot a familiar face:

<%Teapot> ….
<%Teapot> PDC is that you?
<PDC> SUP I’M ALEX
<PDC> I LIKE SHORTS! THEY’RE DELIGHTFULLY COMFY AND EASY TO WEAR!
<PDC> FITE ME U LITTLE *censored*
<%Teapot> k
<Rocket> HEY NOBODY CALLS TEAPOT A LITTLE *censored* BUT ME
<Rocket> COME AT ME BRUH
<PDC>…I like that pokemon
*PDC sent out Rattata!
<PDC> my rattata is in the top tier of Rattata
<%Teapot> No, that’s Youngster Joey. Do you even gen 2?
*Rocket used Hyper Fang!
*A Critical hit!
*Enemy Rattata fainted!
<PDC> .
<PDC> k u lil’ *censored*
*PDC sends out Pidgey!
*Rocket used Hyper Fang!
*A Critical Hit!
*Enemy Pidgey fainted!
<%Teapot> LOL
<PDC> WHAT THE *censored* ARE YOU *censored* ME I CAN’T BELIEVE *censored* *censored* *censored* THE *censored* *censored* *ceeeeeeeeeeensooooooooooooooooooooored*​

I know how PDC gets about hax, so I quickly flee with my running shoes before he can drop any more f-bombs. It’s quite astounding how a 14-year-old can have such a colorful vocabulary. Anyways, I continue on through the route, and am bombarded by more friend codes from all angles. My Rattata gains a lot of levels right here, since most of the trainers use flying-types that scare away my poor Beedrill. I also catch the very next addition to my team.

<Rocket> Hey look, it’s a pink balloon!
*Wild Jigglypuff used Sing!
<Jigglypuff> and the playas gonna play play play play play
<Jigglypuff> and the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate
<Jigglypuff> but I’m just gonna shake shake shake shake shaaake
<Jigglypuff> Shake it off! Shake it off!
<Rocket> Horrible music. Must…kill…
<Rocket> zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
<%Teapot> Wow, it chose a Taylor Swift song to put its opponent to sleep
<%Teapot> what brilliant strategy. Do want.
*Teapot chucks a PokeBall. Wild Jigglypuff was caught!​

I decided to name the Jigglypuff Hungrybox, after the famous Smash Bros Melee player who dominates with a rutheless Jiggles. I can only hope that mine will live up to its name. After grinding a little bit to catch Jigglypuff up to speed, it’s into Mount Moon!

*Teapot has joined #MtMoon
<%Teapot> Wow, it’s pretty big in here.
<%Teapot> I wonder what kinds of pokemon I can catch…
*PBGuest87 has joined #MtMoon
<PBGuest87> Lets fite my friend code is-
<%Teapot> JESUS CHRIST WHERE DO YOU ALL COME FROM?
*Teapot mashes A button
I troll around for a little while more, and wouldn’t you know it, another addition to the team?
*Wild Paras appears!
*Teapot sent out Hungrybox!
*Hungrybox used Pound!
<Paras> like, whoa man. Totally uncool
<Paras> you just need to like, chill man.
<Hungrybox> …are you high?
<Paras> …NO
<%Teapot> well why the heck not
*Teapot chucks a PokeBall. Wild paras was caught!
*Paras is now known as Shrooms
<Shrooms> Like couldn’t you have thought of something more original man?
<Shrooms> Jesus, that’s like catching a Zubat and nicknaming it bluebatty.​

I grind a bit so Paras’s level can be raised, and I also used the Bullet Seed TM on it, because anything is better than scratch. A bit further into the cave, some suspicious characters make an appearance.

<DarkVoid> Prepare for trouble!
<Blah237> and make it double!
<%Teapot> Wow, that was cute
<%Teapot> do you always plan your outfits like that?
<DarkVoid>…just give us all your fossils if you find any
<Blah237> Yeah, they’ll make Team Rocket rich!
<%Teapot> lol screw that
*Teapot sends out Hungrybox!​

I would love to go into great detail, describing our epic battles, but I just clicked pound like 17 times and made it past all the grunts. Teapot 1, Team Rocket 0. After making it past them, I have just one more challenge ahead; a scientist has been awaiting my arrival.

<%Teapot> long time no see
<Freak> o/
<%Teapot> I’m just gonna grab a fossil and go
<Freak> NO
<Freak> THEY’RE MY FOSSILS
<%Teapot> *sigh*
*Teapot sends out Rocket!
<Rocket> AWW YEAH LEGGO BOIII
*Freak sent out Voltorb!
<%Teapot> so how have you been?
<%Teapot> it’s been way too long
<Freak> Pretty good. School’s been going all right
<Freak> haven’t had too much free time, though
<Freak> It’s too bad, really. I was just-
*Voltorb fainted
<Freak> wtf we already started?
<%Teapot> [X] SHREKT [ ] NOT SHREKT
<Freak> ugh you suck
*Freak sends out Koffing
<Freak> I WON’T BE DISTRACTED THIS TIME
<%Teapot> whatever you say, man
*Rocket used Hyper Fang! A critical hit!
*Koffing fainted!
<%Teapot> TOP KEK
<Freak> scoop phase gg no re
<Freak> You can have one fossil, but NO BEING GREEDY
<%Teapot> Sure
<%Teapot> just wondering, now that your pokemon are KO’d
<%Teapot> how would you plan on stopping me if I took both?
<Freak> PMJ would smite you before you took 3 steps
*Thunder echoes in the distance*
<%Teapot> …ah
<%Teapot> well see you bro, it’s been real. Thanks for the game!
<Freak> later, man!
*Teapot grabs Helix Fossil
*Teapot has left #MtMoon​

As I depart Mount Moon, I am happy to have the sun shining down upon my face and my team again. The landscape here is actually kinda pretty, there’s flowers, a meadow, and a stream up ahead. I am greeted by one of our own upon my departure from the cave:

<~Drohn> Hello there!
<%Teapot> o/
<~Drohn> to honor you making it this far,
<~Drohn> as well as taking PMJ’s challenge head-on
<~Drohn> I will gladly teach one of your pokemon Mega Punch!
<%Teapot> sweet!
<%Teapot> teach it to my Jigglypuff plz
<%Teapot> STAB Mega Punch seems pretty good
*Drohn teaches Mega Punch to Hungrybox!
<%Teapot> awesome, you are the best
<~Drohn> yeah, I know. ;)

After Jigglypuff learns its new move, (which is a very welcome addition to a moveset that only contained Pound, Defense Curl, and Sing), I head straight to Cerulean City, and right to the Pokemon Center, where Zack awaits me once more.

*Teapot has joined #Cerulean
<~ShiningRaikou> oh good, you made it through Mt. Moon!
<%Teapot> yeah, I did. Caught myself some new pokemon
<~ShiningRaikou> LOL YOU HAVE A PARAS
<%Teapot> Shut up -.-
<%Teapot> I’m gonna go grind some more up around Nugget Bridge and stuff
<%Teapot> You don’t know who the leader is by chance, do you?
<~ShiningRaikou> nope, but I saw AlphaNinja go in just a while ago
<%Teapot> …damn
<%Teapot> ok, thanks man! Catch you later

I head straight for nugget bridge, but I am interrupted just before I can make it on.

*PG24 has joined #Cerulean
*ChanServ sets mode +h on PG24
<%PG24> dang, man, you’re still lagging along back here?
<%PG24> SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
<%Teapot> bruh, did you even see my team?
<%PG24> I have a pokemon whose only move is Teleport, stop whining
<%Teapot> …valid
<%Teapot> so do we have to fite or something?
<%PG24> yeah, I think so. This time, I’m so confident I’ll bet $150 I win
<%Teapot> lolk
*Teapot sends out Hungrybox!
*PG24 sends out Pidgeotto!
<%PG24> evasion clause is up, apparently, so I’ll have to try another tactic.
<%PG24> PIDGEOTTO, USE SAND ATTACK!
<%Teapot> You are bad, and you should feel bad.
<%Teapot> Hungrybox, just bop ‘em with Mega Punch.
*Hungrybox’s attack missed!
<%Teapot> …o​

The accuracy drop takes its toll, as Pidgeotto unleashes a fury of Gust attacks. Hungrybox, however, powers through the wind and the hax with another Mega Punch, and connects for about 50%. It only takes one more before the Pidgeotto is KO’d, but not without a cost. Hungrybox is only left with 4 HP, thanks to another pair of misses.

*PG24 sends out Rattata
<%Teapot> Hey Hungrybox
<%Teapot> if you have an OHKO combo move called “up throw to Rest,” now would be the time to use it.
<Hungrybox> wtf are you going off about?
*Rattata used Quick Attack!
*Hungrybox fainted!
<%Teapot> oh well, it was worth a shot.
*Teapot sends out Shrooms
<Shrooms> ...WHOOAAA
<Shrooms> WHO HAS THE STROBE LIGHT MAN??
<%PG24> …is he high?
<%Teapot> it helps him fight
<%PG24> yeah, sure it does
*Shrooms used Bullet seed!
*A critical hit!
*damage
*A critical hit!
*A critical hit!
*damage
*Hit 5 time(s)!
*enemy Rattata fainted!
<%Teapot> See? Told you.
<%PG24> wtf
<%PG24> you have even more hax here than on Showdown
<%Teapot> OR
<%Teapot> it’s just a well-trained Paras
*PG24 sends out Abra
*Abra used Teleport!
<%Teapot> …k​

Shrooms’s hard training in Mt. Moon pays off, as swiftly (at least as swiftly as a slow, crab/mushroom pokemon can), he dismantles the remaining members of PG24’s team, first KOing the Abra, and then bopping even the Squirtle, who boasted a significant level advantage. Shrooms also grows a couple of levels, and learns both Poisonpowder and Stun Spore. From here, I am extremely tired, so I save my game and decide to get some sleep, where I can challenge Nugget Bridge as well as the Gym Leader tomorrow.

RE: The Worst of the Worst - Teapot's LeafGreen Playthrough - Chapter 2!

<%Teapot> awesome, you are the best
<~Drohn> yeah, I know.

So much truth and life lessons in these 2 sentences alone already. Awesome story! <3 :D Looking forward to read more.

Can you give me a role? You only need to know two things: I'm not a troll and I'm not rude.

Just want to say before I begin, if you want a role, you are free to VM/PM/Skype me. Just be aware that most of the "big" roles have already been planned out. That being said, if i can fit you into a small-ish role (like I was able to do with Lugia and Reggie McGigas) I will gladly write you into the playthrough. I just want to make sure that you Vm/PM me so that this thread remains free of clutter for people who want to discuss. n_n

CHAPTER 3

Chapter 3
My alarm buzzes at 6:30 AM, and I groggily boot my game up once more. It’s early, and I am not looking forward to the onslaught of trainers and friend codes that I know I am about to be faced with. BUT this is the life of a trainer, so forwards I push, onto the challenge that is Nugget Bridge!

*Teapot has joined #NuggetBridge
<AlexandertheAwesome> Welcome to Nugget Bridge!
<AlexandertheAwesome> Beat us 5 trainers, and you win a fabulous prize!
<AlexandertheAwesome> do you have what it takes?
<%Teapot> I like fabulous prizes!
<%Teapot> Too bad I don't play VGC...
<AlexandertheAwesome> Neither do I lol!
<%Teapot> Well then, let's fight!!
<AlexandertheAwesome> excellent! Let’s get started!
*AlexandertheAwesome sends out Caterpie!
*Teapot sends out Rocket
<Rocket> AM I EVER GOING TO SEE SOMETHING OTHER THAN CATERPIE
*Rocket used Hyper Fang! Caterpie Fainted!
*Rocket used Hyper Fang! Weedle fainted!
*Rocket used Hyper Fang! Kakuna fainted!
*Rocket used Hyper Fang! Metapod fainted
<Rocket> REAL CHALLENGE PLZ
<AlexandertheAwesome> I did my best! I have no regrets!
<%Teapot> GG

<DdogtheKing> I’m trainer 2! Now it’s serious!
<Rocket> I SURE AS HELL HOPE SO
*DdogtheKing sends out Pidgey
<Rocket> Eh…at least it’s not another bug
*Pidgey used Quick Attack! A Critical Hit!
<Rocket> UUGH
<%Teapot> be careful what you wish for, bro
<Rocket> yeah, yeah. Whatever
<Rocket> Lucky PUNK
*Rocket used Hyper Fang! Pidgey fainted!
*Rocket used Hyper Fang! Bellsprout fainted!
*Rocket used Hyper Fang! Oddish fainted
<Rocket> zzzzzzzzzzz
<%Teapot> I get that it’s easy, but
<Rocket> zzzzzzzzzz
<%Teapot> that is really rude, bro
<Rocket> zzzzzzzzzzzz
<DdogtheKing> nah, Oddish’s effect spore got him
<%Teapot> Oh, I see
<%Teapot> wel, GG man
<DdogtheKing> I did my best! I have no regrets!
<%Teapot> kk. Lemme use an Awakening real quick
<Rocket> zz…hm… what?

<Lugia123> I’m no. 3! I won’t be easy!
*Rocket Yawns
*Lugia123 sends out Sandshrew!
*Rocket used Hyper Fang!
<Rocket> heh, got ‘em.
<Sandshrew> wow, arrogant much
<Rocket> WTF IT DIDN’T DIE
*Sandshrew used Scratch!
*Rocket used Quick Attack! Sandshrew fainted!
*Rocket grew to lv. 18!
<Rocket> whoa…. I feel …ugh… tag me out coach
<Lugia123> HEY TEAPOT
<%Teapot> ?
<Lugia123> I’M ABOUT TO USE EKANS
<Lugia123> DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE POKEMON? Y/N
<Lugia123>...smh shift style so dumb
<%Teapot> lol
*Lugia123 sends out Ekans
<Ekans> GRRR
<Ekans> GRRRRRRRRRR
<Ekans> I AM SCARY AND STUFF
*Hungrybox’s Attack was cut by Ekans’s Intimidate!
<%Teapot> …really man?
<Hungrybox> I don’t like Snakes, okay?
<Hungrybox> You don’t see me making fun of your fear of Spiders.
<%Teapot> SPIDERS ARE SCARY, OKAY?
*Ekans used Poison Sting! Hungrybox became poisoned!
<%Teapot> …I see what you did there
<%Teapot> taking advantage of our argument
<Lugia123> makes up for me having to shout out all my pokemon to you
*Hungrybox used Mega Punch! Ekans fainted!
<%Teapot> GG
<Lugia123> I did my best! I have no re-
<%Teapot> yeah, yeah. No regrets, etc. Rocket, are you feeling better yet?
<Rocket> no…

*Rocket starts glowing
<%Teapot> NICE! YOU’RE EVOLVING!
*ChanServ plays evolution music and makes bright lights go off
<%Teapot> Awesome! How’s it feel to be a Ratticate?
<%Teapot> You get boosted stats
<%Teapot> You'll learn better moves
<%Teapot> be able to kill things easier
<%Teapot> you're finally not so small
<%Teapot> I'm just so HYPED! How are you feeling, man?
*Ratticate vomits
<%Teapot>....
<%Teapot> MY SHOES
<%Teapot> WTF MAN
<Rocket> I feel better now n_n
<TwistedTurtwig> I’m no. 4, getting tired?
<%Teapot> NO
<%Teapot> NO I'M NOT GETTING TIRED
<TwistedTurtwig> oh...
<Rocket> But he has puke on his shoes if that makes you feel better!
*Teapot bricks Rocket
*Teapot sends out Hungrybox
*TwistedTurtwig sends out Nidoran!
<%Teapot> all right, you just need to avoid the poison and you’re golden
*Nidoran used Double Kick! It's Super Effective!
*Hungrybox fainted!
<%Teapot> ...or not
<TwistedTurtwig> A for effort, though
*Teapot sends out Killer Bee!
*Teapot mashes A button
*Killer Bee uses Fury Attack ~12 times and wins
<%Teapot> GG
<TwistedTurtwig> I did my-
<%Teapot> shut up.
<TwistedTurtwig> rude

<+ReggieMcGigas> I’m no. 5, I’ll stomp you!
<%Teapot> …you’re their leader and you don’t even get hops?
<+ReggieMcGigas> I know right smh
<+ReggieMcGigas> it really sucks when we get trolls in here
<%Teapot> …what if I just kicked you and took the prize?
*Thunder echoes in the distance*
<+ReggieMcGigas> PMJ’s got my back
<%Teapot> …gl;hf
*Teapot sent out Killer Bee!
*ReggieMcGigas sent out Mankey!
<+ReggieMcGigas> you have a double resist…
<+ReggieMcGigas> MUST BE NICE
*Teapot clicks Fury Attack repeatedly
*Mankey fainted!
<%Teapot> GG
<+ReggieMcGigas> I d-
<%Teapot> DON’T SAY IT!
<+ReggieMcGigas>…
<+ReggieMcGigas> Here's your prize money
<+ReggieMcGigas> Gg and good luck
<%Teapot> thanks b-
<+ReggieMcGigas> IDIDMYBESTIHAVENOREGRETS
<%Teapot> gdi​

And so, after 4 pages in Microsoft Word of just battling, I had finally fought my way through the vicious Nugget Bridge to claim my prize. But nah, that would be too easy, right? Instead I find some dude who’s trying to get me to join his team, sort of like all those Frats who advertise hardcore in college.

*sonicmoj gives Teapot a Nugget
<%Teapot> wait, are you-?
<sonicmoj> I AM SONICMOJ, U SHUD JOIN TEAM ROCKET
<sonicmoj> AKA THE XENTEN CLUB
<sonicmoj> ALSO I TYPE IN ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME SO GET USED TO IT
<sonicmoj> WE WILL FITE OTHER CLANS AND WE WILL WIN
<sonicmoj> STARTING WITH OUR FIERCE RIVALS, TEAMS AQUA AND MAGMA
<%Teapot>…yeah…
<%Teapot> that sounds great
<%Teapot> but I’m kind of on a quest, and-
<sonicmoj>NO?! THEN U R ENEMY
<sonicmoj> FITE ME
<%Teapot> I JUST FOUGHT 5 GUYS GO AWAY
*sonicmoj sent out Ekans!
<Ekans> GRRRRR
<Ekans> GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
*Hungrybox’s attack was cut by Ekans’s Intimidate!
<%Teapot> smh​

Hungrybox proceeds to relentlessly slaughter sonicmoj’s team. He starts by Mega Punching the Ekans into oblivion, and finishes by Rollouting the Zubat. Despite losing, sonicmoj just refuses to give up.

<sonicmoj> I CAN MAKE U A TOP LEADER C’MON M8
<sonicmoj> THINK ABOUT IT MAN
*Teapot has kicked sonicmoj from #NuggetBridge (GO AWAY AND STOP WITH THE ALL CAPS)
*Teapot has set mode +h on ReggieMcGigas
<%Teapot> hopefully this will help with the trolls
<%ReggieMcGigas> thx man​

After booting sonicmoj, I take some time to collect my thoughts, and then I push to the northeast. There’s even more trainers out here than there was on the bridge, (including a Youngster Joey that has a Rattata!), so I use the trainers here to catch Shrooms, my Paras, up on EXP points. There’s a couple of hikers here, so Bullet Seed puts in a lot of work. I also obtain TMs for Attract, which is rather useless, and for Secret Power, which is one of my favorite moves of all time. I then slay some more trainers, and make it to Bill’s house. I figure I better add some pages so PMJ doesn’t smite me.

*Teapot has joined #BillsHouse
<~WPM> hiya!
<~WPM> I’m a pokemon!
<%Teapot> …of all the characters to cast as Bill…
<%Teapot> why did you turn yourself into a pokemon again? e_e
<~WPM> Because! I like pokemon more than you!
<~WPM> Just turn me back when I get into the teleporter
<%Teapot> K
*Teapot initiates the teleporter’s cell-separation thingy-ma-jig.
<~WPM> thx
<~WPM> here, have an SS Anne ticket
<~WPM> I’d love to go tbh, but I gotta program stuff, make sure the site’s running
<%Teapot> yeah, I gotcha. Thanks for working on the site so hard n_n
<~WPM> no prob. Now get outta my house, I got Phase Moltres to finish tonight
<%Teapot> WHAT’S PHASE MO-
*WPM has kicked Teapot from #BillsHouse​

I venture back to Cerulean City, and stock up some more on Potions. I tried to get a bicycle, but apparently, those things are worth like a billion dollars e_e. So, I do the only thing left to do in this city.

*Teapot has joined #gym
<%Teapot> hey uh, you got any tips for this gym?
<AlphaNinja> yeah I do!
<AlphaNinja> Misty uses the Water-type
<AlphaNinja> So if you can counter her with fire, you will be able to evaporate her attacks and they won’t do anything!
<AlphaNinja> Also, Water and Ice are the same type in the TCG, and Fire > Ice
<%Teapot> …you have literally never played this game, have you?
<%Teapot> anyways, who’s the leader here?
<@Shadow_Scyther> WHY AM I WEARING A BIKINI
<@Shadow_Scyther> I FEEL SO VIOLATED RIGHT NOW
<%Teapot> Nevermind, I found the leader.
<@Shadow_Scyther> welp. Welcome to Cerulean Gym.
<@Shadow_Scyther> I am Misty. I use Waters. Blah blah blah
<@Shadow_Scyther> let’s just get this over with
*Shadow_Scyther sent out Staryu!
*Teapot sent out Shrooms!
<@Shadow_Scyther> ofc you have a Grass-type
<@Shadow_Scyther>…why is your pokemon high?
*Shrooms used Bullet Seed!
*Hit 5 times! It’s super effective!
*Staryu fainted!
<%Teapot> because that happens
<@Shadow_Scyther> ...guess I can't argue

*Shadow_Scyther sent out Starmie!
<%Teapot> Hey, shrooms
<%Teapot> 5 more hits would be really nice
<%Teapot> just saying
*Starmie used Water Pulse! A critical hit!
<%Teapot> ...or that
<@Shadow_Scyther> hah! As if hax alone can beat me.
*Shrooms used Bullet Seed!
*Hit 5 times! IT’s super effective!
<@Shadow_Scyther> ARE YOU JOKING RIGHT NOW?
<%Teapot> ATTABOY
<@Shadow_Scyther> Starmie, why don’t you just drag it into the water and drown it
<@Shadow_Scyther> or something?
<Shrooms> wow, rude
<Shrooms> Just try to relax
<Shrooms> it's not my fault you're bad at this game
<@Shadow_Scyther> WHAT
<%Teapot> ...yeah, I don't want my pokemon to die
<%Teapot> so I'm just gonna...
*Teapot withdrew Shrooms! Teapot sent out Rocket!
<%Teapot> just bop him with Quick Attack
*Starmie fainted!
<%Teapot> gg
<@Shadow_Scyther> you are literally the luckiest battler
<@Shadow_Scyther> 5 hits twice in a row smh…
<@Shadow_Scyther> but GG nonetheless.
<@Shadow_Scyther, here, take this with you, man! Good luck in this challenge
*Shadow_Scyther gives TM03 Water pulse to Teapot!
<%Teapot> Nice! Thanks man!
<%Teapot> before I go…
*Teapot has kicked AlphaNinja from #Gym (you are bad and you should feel bad)​

As I exit the gym from my triumph against Shadow Scyther, I see a police officer outside of one of the residents. I use the Water Pulse tm on my Jigglypuff to give it a way to combat Rock-types, and then I figured I better go investigate. (Because you know, a trainer with 2 gym badges is CLEARLY qualified to investigate what could be a serious crime.) The police officer lets me in and allows me to roam the crime scene freely. (lolwat.) In the house, chairs are overturned footprints are everywhere. Signs of a struggle. I interview the man in the house, and he says Team Rocket has stolen his Dig TM. He’s pretty upbeat though, and he says he’ll teach his pokemon (Diglett) to dig without it. A movement catches my eye, so I rush out to the back, and who do I find?

<sonicmoj> HEY I AM BACK AND YOU CAN STILL JOIN THE XENTEN CLUB IF YOU WANT TO
<sonicmoj> BUT I MADE A 2ND ACCOUNT AFTER THEY CAUGHT ME LAST TIME
<sonicmoj> SO PLEASE HELP HIDE ME FROM THE MODS/POLICE/WHATEVER​

I send out Rocket and thrash his Drowzee around, and then I use Killer Bee to handle his Machop. He promptly hands over the Dig TM, and runs before WPM can catch him. All is well in Cerulean once more, to I save my game and get some rest. Next time will be another opportunity for some training on the SS Anne, and another Gym Battle! See you all next time!

RE: The Worst of the Worst - Teapot's LeafGreen Playthrough - Chapter 3!

Sorry about that. At least I get to be the first one in the chapter who didn't have all there Pokémon OHKOed.

Good stuff so far. Also you know hops can't hop each other right

I had black god PMJ at my back so I was granted power to give him hops even tho I was also only had hops.

Sorry for the delay, school's kept me busy.

CHAPTER 4
6:30 AM? Must be time for some more Pokemon. The first thing I do is use the stolen Dig TM that I…well stole, I guess…on my Ratticate. My team doesn’t really have any way to beat Electric-types, particularly Magnemite/Magneton, so I figured I better use it. Then, it’s south to the underground, which takes me below Saffron and all the way to Vermillion. I really wonder why this place gets closed in HG/SS for battling, who in their right mind would hold a battle down here? Oh, I also put Spearrow (aka Valiant) up front in my party. I didn't train him before because I was sure PMJ was going to take him away from me somehow, but I feel safe now. I avoid the trainers at first, because I want to head straight to the PokeCenter and get the VS Seeker, but there’s a couple of trainers that are just unavoidable. I play the “Send out Valiant and switch to another pokemon” game to get it “all the way”
up to Lv. 9 before I reach the city. Unfortunately, I wasn't as safe as I thought.

*Teapot has joined #VermillionCity
<%Teapot> I FEEL
<%Teapot> THE WILL OF PMJ WITHIN ME
<%Teapot> LEAD ME O MIGHTY ONE
*PMJ uses his mystical game-maker powers to drag Teapot into a nearby house.
<Bellomence> Hello again!
*Bellomence giggles
<%Teapot> …wat
<Bellomence> I have a dilemma, you see
<Bellomence> I have this friend over in the Johto region who really wants a Spearrow
<Bellomence> That way he can use it to deliver mail and stuff
<Bellomence> You wouldn’t happen to have a Spearrow, would you?
<%Teapot> NO
<%Teapot> …yes -_-
<Bellomence> I’ll make it worth your while!
<Bellomence> I’ll give you another Flying-type in return!
<%Teapot> …fiiiiiiiiiine *sigh*
*Teapot boots up the Wireless adapter
*Teapot sent Spearrow to Bellomence!
*Bellomence sent Ch’Ding to Teapot!
<%Teapot> wtf is a Ch’Ding
*Teapot sends out Ch’Ding
<Ch’Ding> sup bro
<%Teapot> YOU GAVE ME A FARFETCH’D? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
<Bellomence> Nope! Bye now, thanks for the trade!
*Bellomence walks away giggling
<Ch’Ding> for real, though. Can you please call me something other than Ch’Ding?
<%Teapot> You can have a new nickname when you EARN one, duck. -_-
<Ch’Ding> sounds good bro.​

Most displeased with this newest trade that PMJ has forced upon me, I immediately take Farfetch’d out to begin leveling it up. At least it’s an Adamant nature. I clear the route to the north, where Farfetch’d puts in some good work against some Bug Catchers. I then head to the east of Vermillion, and clear the trainers there. Last thing I do before I head onto the S.S. Anne is head to the PokeCenter.

<~ShiningRaikou> Ah! You made it!
<~Drohn> he doesn’t look too happy, does he?
<%Teapot> shut up
<%Teapot> I got outplayed by PMJ and now I have a Farfetch’d instead of a Spearrow -_-
<~Drohn> oof, that sucks.
<%Teapot> oh here, Zack. I’m about to head to the S.S. Anne
<%Teapot> probably would be good if I got my pokemon healed
<~ShiningRaikou> no prob
<~Drohn> well, if you want to take your anger out on some more trainers
<~Drohn> You can use the VS Seeker to battle people over and over again!
<%Teapot> oh wow, I totally forgot about this! Thanks man
<~Drohn> no problem
<~ShiningRaikou> Here you go, pokemon are good as new!
<~ShiningRaikou> and if it’s any consolation
<~ShiningRaikou> that does look like a pretty strong Farfetch’d
<~ShiningRaikou> oh, don’t forget to grab your bike voucher!
<Ch’Ding> THANK YOU FOR APPRECIATING ME!
<%Teapot> C’mon, duck. Let’s see if we can make a battler out of you.
*Teapot has joined #SSAnne​

I leave and grab my bike voucher from the Chairman of the Pokemon Fan Club. He said something about a Rapidash that he was basically in love with. Then I head to the SS Anne and troll around for a little. I notice something: there’s 2 groups of people on board. Sailors, who are really chill, and kind, and non-sailors, who are really uptight, snobby, and arrogant. It’s kind of amusing to see how Nintendo just made all these characters so stupidly snobby. I head to the kitchen area, where you can pick up Pecha, Cheri, and Chesto berries, all of which are very useful for curing statuses on the road. Then I troll around and battle some people. Farfetch’d does good work against Sailors, since they use fighting pokemon. The super-effective Peck attack is lethal, and it gives Farfetch’d some much-needed Attack EVs. Killer Bee does most of the work against non-Sailors, since most of them are using Poison-types like Nidoran. After the level-ups, I head upstairs, finally ready for the rematch:

<%PG24> Yo Teapot
<%Teapot> o/
<%PG24> How many pokemon have you caught?
<%Teapot> I got to 10 just so I could get flash
<%PG24> lol I’m already at 40
<%PG24> get on my level
<%PG24> anyways I got the cut HM so I was gonna dip
<%PG24> but I think I’ll fite you instead
<%PG24> $200 says I finally beat you
<%Teapot> lol you’re on
*Teapot sends out Ch’Ding
*PG24 sends out Pidgeotto
<%PG24> wait is that
<%PG24> actually a FARFETCH’D
<%PG24> LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
<%PG24> LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
<PG%24> LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
<%Teapot> quick, while he’s laughing, get ‘em!
*Ch’Ding used Fury Attack!
*A critical hit!
*A critical hit!
*A critical hit! Hit 3 time(s)!
<%PG24> all right, listen here u little *censored*
<%Teapot> EXCELLENT WORK, DUCK!
<%Teapot> That stick of yours is really paying off
<%PG24> YOU BETTER NOT LOSE TO A FARFETCH’D
*Pidgeotto used Gust!
*Ch’Ding used Fury Attack! Hit 4 time(s)!
*Pidgeotto fainted!
<%Teapot> man, you’re really starting to grow on me
<Ch’Ding> d’aww​

In the upcoming fury of battle, Ch’Ding turns himself into a massive duck wrecking machine. He starts by taking out the Abra, which doesn’t even do any damage in return. PG24 finally realizes what he’s up against, and wisely decides to send out his Squirtle. A powerful enemy, but nothing that the great Duck pokemon can’t handle. Thanks to Ch’Ding’s artful skill with his stick as his weapon (read as: Stick ups my critical hit ratio, so I take a massive dump on James’ squirtle,) the mighty turtle pokemon falls. Ratticate is his last pokemon to come out, and he finally takes out the Duck, but the irreparable damage is already done.

*Ratticate used Quick Attack! Ch’Ding fainted!
<%PG24> …that was the most ridiculous Farfetch’d I have ever seen in my entire life
<%Teapot> You did nobly, Farfetch’d.
<%Teapot> So, from this point on, you shall be known as “Noble Duck”.
<%Teapot> you’ve earned this nickname. Now take a good, long rest.
<Noble_Duck> zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
<%PG24> lol you’re still using that Jigglypuff?
*Hungry box used Mega Punch! Ratticate fainted!
<%PG24> …god damn it
<%PG24> I’m going to get you one of these times
<%Teapot> Probably are, with these pokemon e_e
<%Teapot> GG tho
<%PG24> GG
*Teapot has joined #CaptainsRoom
<~Drohn> ugh I should have let somebody else have this part
<%Teapot> oh hi.
<%Teapot> I mean I know I’m supposed to give you a back massage
<%Teapot> but I’m not very good at massages sooooooo
<~Drohn> just take the HM before I barf.
<~Drohn> I didn’t realize taking the captain’s role came with seasickness
*Teapot takes the Cut HM
*Teapot uses Cut HM on Shrooms
*Teapot has left #CaptainsRoom​

I had back to the PokeCenter and make smalltalk with SR as well as a non-seasick Drohn. I’m not sure how Drohn manages to get from the SS Anne which sailed away to the PokeCenter, but I don’t question PMJ’s game design. After healing Noble Duck back up, I head out for another gym challenge.

*Teapot has joined #gym
<%Teapot> man there’s a lot of trash bins here….
<AlphaNinja> yeah, you have to find the electrical switches in them.
<AlphaNinja> if you find the first one, the 2nd one will be right next to it
<%Teapot> …did you just get something right?
<AlphaNinja> and if it’s on the edge, it might carry over to the other edge
<%Teapot> nevermind.
<AlphaNinja> Lt. Surge uses Electric-types.
<AlphaNinja> when I played through RSE, I used Marshtomp to beat down Wattson so
<AlphaNinja> I think water-types should be go-
*Teapot has kicked AlphaNinja out of #gym (stfu)
<@iSharingan> Welcome to Vermillion City gym!
<@iSharingan> When I was in the army, my electric-types zapped enemies into paralysis
<%Teapot> …are you threatening me?
<@iSharingan> No. Just thought you’d like to know that.
<@iSharingan> Ready to battle whenever you are
<%Teapot> Let’s get it
*Teapot sent out Rocket!
*iSharingan sent out Pikachu!
<%Teapot> All right Rocket, use Dig!
*Rocket dug a hole!
<@iSharingan> really dude? I just had these floors finished
<@iSharingan> Pikachu, use Double Team!
<%Teapot> ………………..
<@iSharingan> What? Evasion clause isn’t a thing in this game.
<%Teapot> HAVE YOU NO SHAME?
*Rocket used Dig! Pikachu fainted!
<@iSharingan> it didn’t even help lol
<%Teapot> smh pretty soon I’m gonna have to be dealing with bs OHKO moves or something
*iSharingan sent out Voltorb!
*Rocket dug a hole!
<@iSharingan> AGAIN WITH THE FLOORS
<%Teapot> you don’t get my sympathy.
*Ratticate used Dig! Voltorb fainted!
*iSharingan sent out Raichu!
<Rocket> aaaaand we out
*Rocket dug a hole!
<@iSharingan> smh use Double Team
*Rocket used Dig! Raichu fainted!
<%Teapot> …that’s it?
<%Teapot> no surprise traps? No 17 misses off of 1 double team?
<@iSharingan> nope. Here, take this. I’m sorry I used Double Team.
<@iSharingan> hopefully it will help you against others who try to pull that stunt in the future
*iSharingan gives Teapot TM 34 Shock Wave!
<@iSharingan> we cool?
<%Teapot> yeah, we’re cool.
*Teapot bro-hugs iSharingan​

After the gym battle, I honestly skipped the PokeCenter and went straight back to Cerulean City to claim my bicycle. Then, I went back through the house of the old man still missing his Dig TM (oops lol!) and cut the tree down to get to Rock Cave, but not before slaying all of the trainers in my path, as well as claiming TM 40 Aerial Ace. I use this TM on Shrooms too. My logic was “I’ll teach Shrooms Aerial Ace, and then Killer Bee Sludge Bomb so that both of them will be able to take on fighting-types and grass-types somewhat effectively. And then it occurred to me that I don’t get the Sludge Bomb TM until the post-game. Oops.

*Teapot has joined #RockTunnel
<%Teapot> Jesus Christ it’s dark in here
<%Teapot> why didn’t I get the flash TM again?
<Noble_Duck> because you’re stupid
<Shrooms> and dumb
<Rocket> we don’t need no STINKING flash HM.
<%Teapot> I like Rocket’s answer the best
<Rocket> \o/​

I used the Shock Wave TM on Hungrybox, my Jigglypuff, as well as the Water Pulse TM. I figure I can’t have a useless water-type be my only Special Attacker, and I also wanted to raise Jigglypuff’s defense, so I use Water Pulse to KO every single Geodude, Onix, and Cubone that I come across. About halfway through, I blindly stumble into Drohn again.

*Teapot bumps Drohn
<~Drohn> OW, Jesus man.
<%Teapot> sorry, I can’t see a thing down here.
<~Drohn> no prob. Flash is a useless move in this game.
<~Drohn> anyways, do you want me to teach one of your pokemon Rock Slide?
<%Teapot> UGH.
<~Drohn> ??
<%Teapot> Nobody on my team can learn Rock Slide, FML. Otherwise I totally would.
<~Drohn> no prob, man. I’ll be here if you catch one that can.
<%Teapot> thx man.
*Teapot blindly stumbles away​

After about 30 minutes, 5 levels, a lot of Defense EVs, and some scratches (mostly from the umpteen times I tripped in the darkness), I clamor out the other end of Rock Tunnel, and am blinded by the light.

<%Teapot> MY EYES
<%Teapot> THE SUN
<%Teapot> IT BUUUUURRNNSSSSSS
<PBGuest> hey, my friend code is 1984-9odj=219e-phase of the moon-hieroglyph-w0988
<%Teapot> GO THE *censored* AWAY​

He didn’t. I had to take on 4 more trainers before I actually reached Lavender Town. Ninetendo probably enjoys trolling people. I can just imagine a 6 year old like “I FINALLY MADE IT THROUGH” only to be KO’d by one of the trainers.

*Teapot has joined #PokeCenter
<~ShiningRaikou> You made it!
<%Teapot> barely
<%Teapot> anybody who makes it through Rock Tunnel without Flash should get a freaking Medal.
<%Teapot> anyways, just a quick rest stop and then it’s off for more battling
<%Teapot> the life of a trainer, I suppose.
<%Teapot> thanks for encouraging me and always healing my pokemon
<~ShiningRaikou> no prob, man! Keep pushing!
*Teapot has left #PokeCenter​

The next route is fun, there’s a couple of gamblers, a super nerd, some twinsies, and then 4 trainers who can’t get by the Saffron Guard. I never understood why they didn’t just charge the gate, I mean there’s 4 of them and just 1 guard who doesn’t even have a gun e_e. I guess he’s got pokemon but they rarely have more than 2. They could probably just beat him in a battle. Anyways, Hungrybox is higher leveled than everybody on my team, so I be sure to NOT use him on any of the ensuing trainers. I mostly focus on raising Shrooms and Rocket, since my remaining 2 members have a big type advantage on the next gym. They’ll level up just fine. The underground once again takes me underneath Saffron, and I end up in Celadon City, where I stop at the PokeCenter, grab the Tea from the old lady, and immediately head to the gate. For once, I am one step ahead.

*Teapot has joined #SaffronCityGate
*Teapot throws Tea at DNA
<~DNA> HALT, TRAVELER! I’M THIRSTY, SO I CAN’T LET YOU THR-
<~DNA> …oh
<%Teapot> YEAH, THAT’S RIGHT! FEEL WHAT IT’S LIKE TO GET NINJA’D!
*Teapot has left #SaffronCityGate​

Anyways, I run straight into Saffron City and go to the PokeMart, just because I want to get Hyper Potions and Full Heals instead of Super Potions and Antidote, Parlyz Heal, etc. Super Potions don’t work to well when your entire team is 80HP + (Jigglypuff is above 100 at this point, lol.) Afterwards, I head straight back to Celadon and hit the Game Corner, thanks to an anonymous tip-off that it’s run by Team Rocket. When I arrive, a familiar face is there waiting for me.

<sonicmoj> I AM SONICMOJ PLZ HELP HIDE ME FROM THE MODS
<%Teapot> …..
<sonicmojXD> JOIN TEAM ROCKET
<%Teapot> no dude, I just want to look at the poster you’re guarding
<sonicmojXD> I CAN’T LET YOU DO THAT I AM GUARDING THIS POSTER
<sonicmojXD> GO AWAY OR ELSE
<%Teapot> I’m going to go with “or else,” but thanks.
*Teapot sends out Rocket
*sonicmojXD sends out Zubat!
<Rocket> lol this guy again​

Rocket thrashes sonicmoj around like a rag doll, and sends him fleeing down the secret staircase to my right. So of course, I do the only logical thing: I push the button behind the poster and give chaise to the member that should have been IP banned by now. In the basement of the Game Corner are a bunch of Team Rocket grunts and some warp panels. I thrash all of them, because I’m on a mission. I needed something specific, and I wasn’t giving up until I had it. It wasn’t long before I’d found it.

<Blah237> lol the elevator isn’t working is it.
<%Teapot> nope. So why don’t you give me the lift key?
<Blah237> how about we randbats for it?
<%Teapot> because PMJ already chose your team for you.
<Blah237> I’ll play you in TCG for it?
<%Teapot> or, I could beat you up right now and take it.
<%Teapot> I am a 2nd degree black-belt for a reason.
<Blah237> … I guess I’ll take the regular battle
<%Teapot> smart choice!
*Teapot sent out Rocket!
*Blah237 sent out Zubat!
*Rocket used Hyper Fang!
*Rocket used Hyper Fang!
*Rocket used Hyper Fang!
*Blah237 was defeated!
<Blah237> man I can’t give you the lift key
<Blah237> I’ll be out of the job. You wouldn’t do that to a guy in this economy, would you?
<%Teapot> hmm…this is true. How about you “drop” it on accident
<Blah237> ok, I can go with that.
<Blah237> OH NO! I DROPPED THE LIFT KEY!
*Blah237 drops Lift Key
*Teapot snags the Lift Key and heads to the elevator
<%Teapot> all right, now straight to Giovanni!
<DarkVoid> lolnope
<DarkVoid> you have to beat me
<DarkVoid> twice lol!​

Dark Void multitasking as both of Giovanni’s Admins was pretty impressive. But, unfortunately, he is still thrashed around by my team. Hungrybox does most of the work here, since he uses Ground-types on both teams, as well as Ekans and Arbok. I didn’t like giving him the extra levels, but I needed the special attacker here. Anyways, I head through the door, and waiting for me is the perfect choice for the head scum of this game. Dressed up in a business outfit, sitting on a couch with several scantily clad women is none other than PB’s finest scumbag, Anthony effing Mahmud.

<@Juliacoolo> I am impressed that you’ve gotten this far!
<@Juliacoolo> but it ends here.
<@Juliacoolo> I’m going to beat you just like I did last time
<@Juliacoolo> In your own Underused tournament!
<%Teapot> YOU GOT 6 CRITS AND I GOT 4 MISSES
<@Juliacoolo> all I’m hearing is excuses ;)
<%Teapot> whatever
<%Teapot> fite me
<@Juliacoolo> bring it
*Juliacoolo sent out Onix!
<@Juliacoolo> LOL YOU HAVE A JIGGLYPUFF
<@Juliacoolo> Man what is PMJ making you do in this game?
<%Teapot> >using Onix
<%Teapot> >makes fun of my team
<%Teapot> Juliacoolo logic
*Hungrybox used Water Pulse! Onix fainted!
*Juliacoolo sent out Rhyhorn!
<@Juliacoolo> …oops misclick
<%Teapot> lol good one
*Hungrybox used Water Pulse! Rhyhorn Fainted!
*Juliacoolo sent out Kangaskhan!
<Kangaskhan> KHAAAAAAAAAN
<%Teapot> oh. Yeah, I can see why you’d want that out instead of a Rhyhorn…
*Hungrybox used Mega Punch!
<Kangaskhan> heh, that tickles
*Kangaskhan used Mega Punch! Jigglypuff fainted!
<Kangaskhan> KHAAAAAAAAAAAN
<@Juliacoolo> nice work, Kangaskhan! We can still win this!
*Teapot sends out Noble Duck!
<@Juliacoolo> LOL HE HAS A FARFETCH’D
<@Juliacoolo> HE HAS A FREAKING FARFETCH’D
<@Juliacoolo> THIS IS FREAKING HILARIOUS
*Noble Duck smirks
<%Teapot> you know what to do, Duck.
*Farfetch’d used Fury Attack!
*A critical hit!
*damage
*A critical hit!
*A critical hit!
*Hit 4 time(s)!
<@Juliacoolo> wat. YOU CAN’T LOSE TO FARFETCH’D!
<@Juliacoolo> GET IN THERE! PLAY DIRTY! SCRATCH HIM! BITE HIM!
*Kangaskhan used Bite!
<@Juliacoolo> That’s not what I meant
*Farfetch’d used Peck! Kangaskhan fainted!
<%Teapot> GG, scum. Hand over the Silph Scope.
<@Juliacoolo> smh fine. GG.
*Juliacoolo hands over the Silph Scopep​

With the Silph Scope rescued from the clutches of the evil Juliacoolo, I take my team back to the PokeCenter to heal up. Another day begins tomorrow morning at 6:30 AM sharp, with another chance for a Gym Badge, which will put me halfway through the region. Catch you all next time, PokeBeach!

RE: The Worst of the Worst - Teapot's LeafGreen Playthrough - Chapter 4!

CHAPTER 5 man school keeps me so friggin' busy.

CHAPTER 5

6:00 AM. Half an hour early because today, we start off with a very important quest. The quest to get my 4th gym badge.

Teapot has joined #Gym
<%Teapot> aight, Noble Duck. This is the grass gym, so I expe-
<AlphaNinja> Yo, Erica’s the Grass-type leader.
<%Teapot> Yeah, I know. I looked it up already. Thanks though.
<AlphaNinja> use Water-types, because in the TCG, Ice-types are Water-types.
<AlphaNInja> Also once, I used a Lanturn and predicted a Celebi Switchin, so I used Ice Beam.
<AlphaNinja> so I think Electric-types work well too.
<%Teapot> …
<%Teapot> AS I WAS SAYING
<%Teapot> Noble Duck, you are a Flying-type. So I expect you to put in a good amount of work.
<NobleDuck> no.
<%Teapot> eh?
<NobleDuck> I don’t feel like fighting today. I’ll leave that to somebody else.
<%Teapot> good joke breh.
<NobleDuck> bro I am level 31 now. I don’t give 2 *censored* what you say
<NobleDuck> I don’t have to listen to you.
<%Teapot> ….
<%Teapot> stupid gym badges.
<%Teapot> Only making your pokemon obey up to certain levels.
<%Teapot> BS Hax.
<%Teapot> OK, I guess it’s on you then, Shrooms.
<Shrooms> got it!

<@Guts> Welcome to Celadon City Gym!
<@Guts> I think I look freaking great in this dress.
*Guts twirls around like a dancer
<%Teapot> err… okay then. 3 on 3 fight, correct?
<@Guts> That’s correct!
<@Guts> chall when ready
<%Teapot> lgi
*Guts sent out Vileplume!
*Teapot sent out Shrooms!
<@Guts> ugh of course you have a Bug-type.
<%Teapot> not just any Bug-type!
<@Guts> …? A high bug-type?
*Shrooms used Aerial Ace! It’s super effective!
<%Teapot> A bug-type with a super-effective move!
<%Teapot> That’s stronger than Leech Life!
<@Guts> sonofa
*Vileplume used Acid! It’s super effective!
<@Guts> At least we have STAB I guess lol?
<@Guts> keep at it with the acid thing you’re doing.
*Vileplume used Acid! It’s super effective!
*Shrooms used Aerial Ace! It’s super effective!
*Vileplume fainted!
<@Guts> Aight I’ll just use my other Poison-type. 2ez
*Guts sent out Tangela
<@Guts> UGH MISCLICK
<%Teapot> lol awesome.
*Teapot mashes A button. Tangela fainted!
*Guts sent out Victreebel!
<%Teapot> It’s ok shrooms. I believe that you have go this on lock down.
*Victreebel used Acid! A critical hit! It’s super effective!
*Shrooms fainted!
<%Teapot> you know…for somebody who’s stacking the game against me
<%Teapot> I’m surprised PMJ hasn’t done this more often.
<%Teapot> w/e, my team is stacked for Grass-types.
<@Guts> The only downside of making Teapot use bad pokemon
<@Guts> They all have resistance to grass smh.
*Beedrill used Twineedle!
*Victreebel used Stun Spore!
<@Guts> PARAHAX PLEASE BE THERE!
*Beedrill used Twineedle!
*Victreebel fainted!

<@Guts> ah well. I didn’t even expect to get past the Parasect.
<@Guts> here is the Rainbowbadge. All pokemon up to level 50 will obey you
<%Teapot> YEAH *censored* YOU FARFETCH’D!
<NobleDuck> o
<@Guts> take this as well
*Guts gives TM19 Giga Drain to Teapot!
<%Teapot> That’ll come in handy
<@Guts> I’m sure this will too.
*Guts sets mode +o on Teapot
<@Teapot> really?
<@Guts> You’re halfway there. It’s standard. You can now ban people
<@Guts> as well as kick them and set modes, like +m.
<@Teapot> …
<@Teapot> >:]
*Teapot sets mode +b on AlphaNinja
*Teapot has kicked AlphaNinja out of #Gym (AND STAY OUT)
*Teapot has left #Gym​

With the Rainbow Badge in hand, I headed straight back to Lavender town. (through Saffron City, of course.) I stopped at the PokeMart to get some more Hyper Potions and Revives, and then I went straight to Pokemon Tower where I knew my next test would be.

*Teapot has joined #PokemonTower
<@PG24> heyyyyyyy broooo
<@PG24> wha up
*PG24 hiccups
<@Teapot> …dude are you drunk?
<@PG24> yeha
<@PG24> my ratticate go t hit by a car yesterday
<@PG24> so i m drnk because im sad
<@Teapot> wow, I am so sorry to hear that.
<@PG24> I HAV A DREAM
<@PG24> I WIL WIN TE POKEMANZ LEAGUE 4 MY RATITCATE
<@PG24> AND I WLIL START WIT U TEPOT
<@Teapot> …I’m not so sure this is a good idea
<@PG24> SHUT UP. PRIDE BEAT YOU WHILE HE WAS DRNK
<@PG24> SO I WILL 2
*PG24 sends out Pidgeotto
*Teapot sent out Hungrybox (jigglypuff) !
<@PG24> get em wit WNG ATTAK
*Pidgeotto used Wing Attack!
<@Teapot> *sigh* well Hungrybox… use Shock Wave.
*Hungrybox used Shock Wave! Pidgeotto fainted!
<@PG24> clevr trick, but u wont win
*PG24 sent out Growlithe!
<Growlithe> …
<@Teapot> wow you really are drunk
<Growlithe> so uh
<Growlithe> do I have to do the grrrrr thing like Ekans does?
<Growlithe> or can we all just agree to the fact that I am actually somewhat intimidating?
<Hungrybox> nah bruh I got u
*Growlithe’s Intimidate cuts Hungrybox’s attack!
<Growlithe> thx
<Growlithe> that would have been embarrassing…
*Hungrybox used Water Pulse! Growlithe fainted!
<@PG24> o rite
*PG24 sent out Wartortle!
*Teapot facepalms
<Hungrybox> NICE!
*Hungrybox used Shock Wave! It’s super effective!
<@PG24> U CAN DO IT WARTORTLE JUST USE PROTECT AND PP STA HIM
<Wartortle> bro I don’t know protect…
<@PG24> WHY THE HELL DID I CHOOSE YOU THEN
<@PG24> watever use withdraw, its pretty similar i think…
<Wartortle> sigh…
*Wartortle used Withdraw! Wartortle’s Defense rose!
*Hungrybox used Shock Wave! Wartortle fainted!
*PG24 sent out Exeggcute
<@PG24> why do they call u exeggcute
<@PG24> I mean ur eggs
<@PG24> but ur definitely not cu-
*Hungrybox used Mega Punch! Exeggcute fainted!
<@PG24> dam jugglepuffs
<@Teapot> Go home, PG24. Get a fresh start tomorrow.
<@PG24> ok….
<@Teapot> watch the stairs now.​

I moved Jigglypuff up to the front of my party as I headed up the tower. I know that Gastly and Haunter are the vast majority of wild pokemon here, and they’re the only pokemon that the trainers use. Great Special Attack EVS for Jigglypuff, who is the only special attacker I have on my team so far. (Aside from like Parasect, lol?) I make it all the way up to Marowak, and quickly finish her off with a Water Pulse, and then move up to the top floor where Mr. Fuji is being held hostage by Tweedle-dum, Tweedle-dee, and Tweedle-other guy.

<Blah237> lol we’re not giving Mr. Fuji up
<DarkVoid> Yeah, gtfo
<Lugia123> You can’t beat us, it’s 3 on 1 dude.
<%Teapot> …
*Teapot sent out Rocket (Ratticate)!
*Teapot mashes A button!
*Rocket repeatedly uses Hyper Fang!​

In the ensuing “battles” everything each trainer has is promptly OHKO’d, with the exception of Blah’s Golbat, who is the only one that manages to land a hit. It is 2HKO’d. I guess Zubats and Drowzees just won’t cut it against a powerful Ratticate like mine.

<@Teapot> I’d love to stick around and take some more of your money
<@Teapot> but I got places to be, people to see, soooz
*Teapot sets mode +b on Blah237, DarkVoid, and Lugia123!
*Tepaot kicks Blah237, DarkVoid, and Lugia123 from #PokemonTower (trolls.)
<@Teapot> Mr. Fuji, are you all right sir?
<~Omahanime> eh? You came to rescue me?
<@Teapot> that’s the general idea, yes…
<~Omahanime> I appreciate that lad, but I came here of my own free will.
<@Teapot> …smh I came here for this?
<~Omahanime> Are you saying you wouldn’t have come otherwise?
<@Teapot> …ok valid point.
<~Omahanime> let’s blow this popcorn stand
*Omahanime teleports himself and Teapot back to his house using his magical teleportation powers!
<~Omahanime> So, Teapot
<~Omahanime> Pokemon is a deep affair. We… well I don’t care about the script. Just take this.
*Omahanime gives the PokeFlute to Teapot!
<@Teapot> Nice! Thanks!
<~Omahanime> use that on sleeping pokemon
<~Omahanime> it’s a real shame we can’t use it on peer…
<~Omahanime> Anyways, good luck with your quest! Bye!
<@Teapot> o/​

I depart from Omahanime’s house and make for the PokeCenter (because apparently , Mr. Fuji can use magical teleportation powers but he can’t heal your pokemon…) and I head south to Route 12. I mash the A-button for a little while and use my Farfetch’d to beat down some fisherman, and then I face the real challenge.

<@Teapot> all right guys. The next foe will be tough.
<@Teapot> but I want you to know I believe in you.
<@Teapot> we’ve beaten half of this game already.
<@Teapot> this is just another foe on our way to victory.
<@Teapot> now, it’s imperitive you don’t insult this pokemon’s appearance.
<@Teapot> If you do, it will become wildly unpredictable.
<@Teapot> everybody understand?
<Rocket> Yeah, I guess…It’s a shame though.
<@Teapot> all right. Let’s do this.
*Teapot plays the PokeFlute
*Wild Snorlax woke up!
<Rocket> JESUS CHRIST THAT’S A POKEMON?
<Rocket> I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST A REALLY BIG BOULDER
<Snorlax> who u callin’ fat?
<Rocket> How fat was your mom when she gave birth to you?
*Snorlax attacked in a grumpy rage!
<@Teapot> ROCKET WHAT DID I JUST TELL YOU?
<Rocket> sorry boss
*Rocket used Hyper Fang! Snorlax lost 25% health!
<Rocket> …THAT’S IT? HOW FAT ARE YOU?
*Snorlax used Headbutt!
<Rocket> …ow
<Rocket> That hurt. A lot.
<Snorlax> stoopid rat.
<Rocket> Who you calling stupid, stupid?
*Rocket used Hyper Fang! Snorlax flinched!
<Rocket> Yeah, that’s right.
*Rocket used Hyper Fang!
*Snorlax yawns
<Rocket> WOW THE TAUNTS ARE REAL
<Teapot> err, that’s not a taunt…
<Rocket> HE JUST YAW-
<Rocket> oh wow I’m feeling slee
<Rocket> zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
*Snorlax used Headbutt! Rocket fainted!
<@Teapot> smh I warned him…
*Killer Bee used Brick Break!
*Snorlax fainted!
<@Teapot> nice job. Sorry you had to put up with that.
*Snorlax yawns and heads back to the mountains​

With the 4th gym badge, this marks the halfway point of my playthrough! I save my game and go to sleep, because next time I know I will have a 3-hour button mashing marathon as I take on Cycling Road as well as all of the routes between Lavender and Fuschia. Thanks for reading, I’ll see you all next time!

RE: The Worst of the Worst - Teapot's LeafGreen Playthrough - Chapter 5!

Woo! Nice going.
Keep it up Teapot. I like the style of your writing.

... When did I join team rocket?

I totally forgot about this thread, but I have no regrets!

Awesome job so far!

So I noticed in the first few chapters I used a lot more text and description because the game was obviously based on me just starting up and doing things for the first time. In the later chapters, there's a lot more battling and (chat) dialogue, only pausing for descriptions on very rare occasions. Do you guys have a preference to which way you like it more? I think I like the first 2 chapters with more text moreso than the straight dialogue, but I want to know what you guys think. :F

My two cents: the dialogue is hilarious and the fourth wall has never been abused so much (and so well).

I think it's fine whichever direction you take it.

Hey guys just wanted to let you know I have NOT forgotten about this, I just had a really busy week last week with exams, a short story, a concert, and TCG Regoinals over the weekend. I'm hoping to put up a new chapter within the next day or two here. Also, HUGE props to Spammy for the new banner. I didn't even ask him to make it, he just decided to take the time out of his day to make it for me. I really appreciate it :)

the_worst_of_the_worst_by_spm3-d83ll2h.png

Back