Finished The World Tournament - Keeper of Night Wins!

Professor Palutena

The Queen
The World Tournament
fNc7Ck7.png

Have you ever wanted to be a gym leader? That was my dream when I first played Pokemon. I’d make different typed teams and challenge my friends, who also built typed teams. Mine were always Water-type, and my brother learned this and always picked Electric... In the World Tournament, you will finally have your chance to make your dreams a reality! As a representative from your own gym, you’ve been selected to join the World Tournament, where the best battlers come to battle other gym leaders! It’s time to show the world your skills!

Also at the World Tournament, our facility offers prizes for successful battlers as well as entry prizes just for playing! Even if you don’t win your battles, you’ll still leave a winner!

How do I join?
All you have to do is signup with two different Pokemon types, and the name of your gym. In building your team, you must have at least two Pokemon of both types (eg. If my types are Electric and Fire, I must have two Electric types and two Fire types. The other two can be whatever I want). If a Pokemon on your team has both of your types, then it can count towards both types. (eg. if my types are Water and Flying, then a Mantine will counts as both a Water and a Flying type. Having both Mantine and Pelipper will fulfill both of my type restrictions, and my other four Pokemon can be whatever I want.

You may have the same type as someone else. However, you may not have the same combination as another participant (eg. if Juliacoolo signs up with Dragon and Steel, everyone else can have either Dragon or Steel as one of their types, but cannot have both Dragon and Steel.

How do I play?
The World Tournament will use a swiss method for matchmaking. For those unfamiliar, swiss pairings will be generated on Challonge for each round. Pairings beyond the first round will be based on points earned (winners play other winners, losers play other losers). No one will get eliminated during the swiss pairings! Each pair will play a best of 3 and the winner will receive one point. The amount of rounds we will play will depend on how many people sign up, but I can guarantee at least 5. After all of the rounds, the winner will be crowned at this point.

We will also be using Pokemon Showdown as our method of battling, and we will be adhering to the PokeBeach banlist. We will be doing a PokeBank OU tournament.

Please complete your matches by the deadline. You may ask for an extension if circumstances have prevented you from playing, but please update me on any scheduling issues before the deadline. If you don’t play your match by the deadline, both players will not be given points.

Can I win anything?
OF COURSE! As a sign up bonus, I have many competitive ready Pokemon for you to choose from. If you complete all of your battles, you can arrange to receive one of the Pokemon from me. All Pokemon are fully EV trained and competitively ready. They will be revealed at a later date, but I can assure you that they are competitively viable.

Additionally, our top finishers will also be rewarded a Pokemon. I have competitive ready Tapus for the top 4 to choose from. Additionally, if we hit 32 signups, I will include some Ultra Beasts in this pool and the top 8 will be rewarded. Having a copy of Sun or Moon is not required to enter the tournament, and if you do not have the game, you may direct your winnings to another PokeBeach member of your choice (as I do not want to add randoms).

That’s the World Tournament. Please sign up in the thread below. Thank you for viewing!

Signups
  1. Professor Palutena [Water/Steel - The Reefworks Gym]
  2. Equinox [Water/Dark - The Coldharbour Gym]
  3. professorlight [Fairy/Ice - Frostgrace Gym]
  4. PikaMasterJesi [Electric/Fairy - Sparksprite Gym]
  5. TheSceptileMaster [Steel/Dragon - Silverstorm Gym]
  6. Lord o da Rings [Ice/Ground - Snowstorm Gym]
  7. Juliacoolo [Dragon/Ground - Scrubs 'r Us Gym =) ]
  8. Blakers [Fighting/Fairy - Pixipummel Gym]
  9. bbninjas [Psychic/Flying - Psybatics Gym]
  10. double o squirtle [Bug/Water - Watercrawlers Gym]
  11. Celever [Grass/Fairy - Seedsprite Gym]
  12. PMJ [Water/Poison - Hotness Gym]
  13. PG24 [Bug/Ice - #dolo Gym]
  14. bbninjas [Psychic/Flying - Psybatics Gym]
  15. rainyman123 [Grass/Steel - Mechagrowth Gym]
  16. Keeper of Night [Ghost/Dark - Oscoro Gym]
  17. Tails (Psychic/Fairy - Mind Your Manners Gym]

Last edited:
So this is like the other tournament, but we just have to pick two types for at least one or two of our pokemon, right? Oh, no, wait, two of each. Okay, even better.

Since I said I would do this more often, I'll join with Ice and Fairy.

In with Ice and Dragon, the Coldheart Gym!
Edit:
If I can, I would actually like Steel and Dragon, for the Silverstorm Gym

I just realized that three of the gyms start with S, and PP, to save myself the time of breeding, will a Porygon Z or Magmortar signup prize be available

Note for those using Mega Evolution, as someone pointed this out:

"What's the rule regarding a Pokémon who's mega evolution is not one of our gym types (ie. Gyarados)?"

If a Pokémon's mega evolution has a type that is your gym type, it may be used as one of your typed Pokémon. Ie, you can use Gyarados on Dark provided it is holding the Gyaradosite.

If a Pokémon's mega evolution has a type that is not your gym type, it may not be used as one of your typed Pokémon. Ie, you cannot give Gyarados a Gyaradosite if one of your types is Flying.

In with Steel/Flying, though may be subject to change. I need to think up a decent name.

EDIT: I might got with Grass/Psychic instead.
EDIT: Nope, it's Psychic/Flying now >~>

In with Grass/Fairy for the Seedsprite gym.

Because the metagame is very tapu-central right now so everyone's picking fairy, and I uh... like Grass-Type? :D

I've had a few people asking me when I plan on starting with this. I'd like people to know that we won't be starting until the random battles tournament has ended. So if you're worried that you can't balance two tournaments at once, then you have nothing to worry about.

Back