Help The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

Your Master

Aspiring Trainer
RE: The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

I have around 300 bucks and I want to know if I should buy 8 boxes of plasma gale or wait for like 5 months til its hear in america cuz I really love this artwork

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member

Pull rates are better in Japanese packs, so if it's art you want and not playability, you may be better off going Japanese. From a collector's standpoint, their cards are also a much higher quality. If you order from Japan (like through AmiAmi) instead of waiting until American websites and US Ebay start selling them, you'll also get a better deal.

Your Master

Aspiring Trainer

What's amiami

Found it but it's sold out

Btw I play competitive tcg a lot but I want to get stuff in my binder but I don't know how good 380 shipped for 8 boxes is for 4-8 day shipping from japan

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Your Master said:
I have around 300 bucks and I want to know if I should buy 8 boxes of plasma gale or wait for like 5 months til its hear in america cuz I really love this artwork

I would only do that if you plan on collecting Japanese cards.

Your Master

Aspiring Trainer

I dont know if ill collect all sets but I just love the exs and the shinys and stuff what would you suggest I buy

M

Maxnite

What's a good booster box to buy, besides the new one that just came out.

Daelum

Climbing the stairs to the top

Maxnite said:
What's a good booster box to buy, besides the new one that just came out.

What are you looking for? A set with playable cards? A set with good resale value? A set with expensive Ultra Rares? What?

Your Master

Aspiring Trainer

Ok so I have 300 bucks and I have no idea what to buy
I want to get plasma gale but it really isnt worth anything
I need stuff for my binder(no urs)
I need 1 darkrai 1 mew for my deck
I dont think buying dragon a box would be a good idea
please help me

im thinking about buyin 2 boxes of dragon and a tin case

Bigshow457

Aspiring Trainer

I have 85 bucks. I want to buy a Japanese booster box.
I've been thinking about Plasma gale for a while but not sure.
I'm looking for Cool ex's and cards.

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Bigshow457 said:
I have 85 bucks. I want to buy a Japanese booster box.
I've been thinking about Plasma gale for a while but not sure.
I'm looking for Cool ex's and cards.

Most Japanese stores are sold out. You would have to buy off eBay.

ISmokeWeedle

Gravity's Rainbow

Don't know about you guys, but i noticed lately , that my local target has brought in BOOSTER BOXES, yes, not the cardboard boosters, but booster boxes. So i was thinking, would it be better to get those or the cardboard singles?

betobeton

Aspiring Trainer

I'm thinking of buying a Reshiram EX tin, because I need a Reshiram EX for my Reshiram/Emboar/Mewtwo EX deck. Is it worth it?:

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer

betobeton said:
I'm thinking of buying a Reshiram EX tin, because I need a Reshiram EX for my Reshiram/Emboar/Mewtwo EX deck. Is it worth it?:
I wouldn't, because Reshiboar is dead. I would consider the Darkrai tins, as they are playable.

betobeton

Aspiring Trainer

Well, the Reshiboar deck is only deck I can afford to build right now, until I can get a job. Besides, I only have $31 to spend, that's not enough to build a Darkrai deck.

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer

betobeton said:
Well, the Reshiboar deck is only deck I can afford to build right now, until I can get a job. Besides, I only have $31 to spend, that's not enough to build a Darkrai deck.
Hmmm, honestly, I would save your money until you can buy a Darkrai deck. You really won't win with Reshiboar. Darkrai and Mewtwo are out in tins, so you could go for a Darkrai/Mewtwo deck.

DinoTamerMeep

Aspiring Trainer

I'm wanting to buy a Korean booster box, mainly because they're really cheap, but I was just wondering which you think is best to buy? I'd like one with a good amount of cards so I don't end up getting too many duplicates, and with a good amount of EXs, holos, etc. (Also a good pull ratio though I believe they're all the same?) Thanks!

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

The pull rates are the poorer than Japanese. You will come up 4 - 5 Holo rares short. I have only pulled 1 SuperRare Holo. Set size is the same as Japanese. The quality is about the same as English.

I do have extras for trade. I currently have
Series 1
BW1 Black & White
BW2 Red Collection
BW3 Psycho Drive · Hail Blizzard
BW4 Dark Rush
Dragon Selection - Sealed boosters or a set of 1-20

DinoTamerMeep

Aspiring Trainer

omahanime said:
The pull rates are the poorer than Japanese. You will come up 4 - 5 Holo rares short. I have only pulled 1 SuperRare Holo. Set size is the same as Japanese. The quality is about the same as English.

I do have extras for trade. I currently have
Series 1
BW1 Black & White
BW2 Red Collection
BW3 Psycho Drive · Hail Blizzard
BW4 Dark Rush
Dragon Selection - Sealed boosters or a set of 1-20

They don't sound too bad then, especially for the money they cost too. I don't mind not completing the set, I just wanted to buy a box that I'm most likely to get more different cards in (if any), and then I will probably trade for the rest. I'm thinking either Psycho Drive/Hail Blizzard, Dark Rush or Dragon Blast/Dragon Blade. Thanks. :)

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

If price is an issue, 1 box for BW4 Dark Rush is cheaper than 2 boxes for BW3 Psycho Drive · Hail Blizzard or BW5 Dragon Blast - Dragon Blade.

DinoTamerMeep

Aspiring Trainer

omahanime said:
If price is an issue, 1 box for BW4 Dark Rush is cheaper than 2 boxes for BW3 Psycho Drive · Hail Blizzard or BW5 Dragon Blast - Dragon Blade.

It's not really price I'm bothered about, more the pulls I can get from 1 box. I know Dark Rush is a pretty small set so wouldn't I be more likely to get more duplicates from that one?