Help The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

The Yoshi

Wumbo
RE: The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

Price range: $100

What you are thinking of buying: Booster Box:

Options: MD, LA, SF, PT, RR, and SV

The reason I would like to buy one of these is because I have little to no cards from this set. Why would you buy a booster box from a set you already have cards from? I haven't found an RR booster box that is going for less than 100, so that probably won't be it.

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer

i hope i dont get a warning by asking this here but...

Where should i buy my cards from?

Walmart? (i get a discount so thats a plus but been getting almost the same cards when i buy a 2 packs of COL or more)

Target? (I usually go here for the special boxs and stuff only they get but unlike Walmart im paying full price :-/

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

If you are buying a few boosters, then a local card store.

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer

There is none only a comic store and they stoped carrying the Pokemon TCG because no-one in that area was buying any :(

Emperor_Gaius

Formerly mlouden03

@thefleeee

if you want celebi prime, sure

I think it's 11.99 for 2 packs of COL and one of undaunted..the packs themselves are bad besides lost world in col and a few random cards in each set that are good.

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

In that case buy at Wal-mart, because of the discount you get.

Gengar_is_Pwnage

Happy 20th Sonic (Since '91)

Price range: $100

What you are thinking of buying: Booster Box or packs/Illusions/Clash of Legends

Options:

Clash of Legends, World of Illusions, COL (for Shiny Pokes ONLY), Any others that may be usefull to buy.

thefleeee

Uber N00b

^Get 2 of each CLash of Legends, 2 World of Illusions Boxes and Maybe some loose packs of CoL

Emperor_Gaius

Formerly mlouden03

the packs in Clash aren't that good..only get one for Dialga/palkia if you havn't got one already and then if you can, spend $10 more to get a box of col (it's 2.30 per pack if you buy a box for $90), buying a box is the cheapest way to get packs

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob

@ Yoshidude10, it may not be a box.. but you can get RR boosters for $2.75 each here, so 36 packs comes to $99 before taxes and shipping. I haven't tried adding any to the card, but it's an option if that's the set you really want.
@ mods, please don't flag this, Yoshi simply mentioned that he could not find a RR booster box for less than $100. so I gave a link that would hopefully fulfill that

Emperor_Gaius

Formerly mlouden03

Price range: $90ish

What you are thinking of buying: Black and white TCG (when it comes out)

Options:

either have me and my friend (who I'll pay for) go to 2 pre-releases and get 8 packs for 25 each..meaning 16 for 50..or 32 for 100, and get the pre-release bonuses and also I can trade with people to get specific things I need for decks

Or:

I could just spend a flat $90 on a box and not go to pre-releases at all (I did this for UD and got all but one prime in my box, but it wasn't as fun as a prerelease obviously)

what do you think

Vortex

Bass Musician Since '11

@mlouden03 If you prefer enjoying yourself, go to the PRs. They're also great for trading and maybe if you bring older good cards along, it's possible to trade and complete the set, as well as having a great time!

fantasy_freak08

Go Canucks Go

whats the best place online to get Japanese booster packs? other than ebay. thanks.

FawfulGengar

Earthbound/Mother Maniac

Price Range: $20
Going to: Target
Thinking of Buying: Oshawott preview tin, HGSS-on packs.

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

The tin is $15. Packs are $4. Tax included in final price. Tin comes with packs though.

FawfulGengar

Earthbound/Mother Maniac

The tin is that much at target? Pff. So what packs does it come with? I thought it's like 1 SV, 1 TM, 2 COL. Also, if I do that, what single pack should I buy with it?

Lukey

Hot & Dangerous

^ Mine came with 1 HGSS 1 TM and 2 COL. Id go with the tin as thiers more variety.

The Yoshi

Wumbo

Price Range: $15
What you are thinking of buying: Few booster packs

I'd like to know what you guys think of MD-on sets, and which ones are the best. Don't suggest HGSS(I almost have the entire collection).