Help The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

RE: The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

A card store near me is selling a Full Art Rayquaza for $25. Is this a fair asking prize for this Full Art?

MetaArmor said:
A card store near me is selling a Full Art Rayquaza for $25. Is this a fair asking prize for this Full Art?

I searched this card on eBay and couldn't find it for some reason (I searched the Completed Listings as well). Weird. I think eBay's Completed Listings would give you the best idea of the value of the card, however since I can't seem to find any I'll mention that Troll & Toad has been selling the card for $29.99 for a few of weeks. Based on that, $25 is probably a fair price to pay for the card at the moment. I'd take into consideration that Rayquaza-EX will be featured on a tin in a month so the value has probably peaked and will drop a bit.

I hope that helps! :)

Secret Pikachu said:
I searched this card on eBay and couldn't find it for some reason (I searched the Completed Listings as well). Weird. I think eBay's Completed Listings would give you the best idea of the value of the card, however since I can't seem to find any I'll mention that Troll & Toad has been selling the card for $29.99 for a few of weeks. Based on that, $25 is probably a fair price to pay for the card at the moment. I'd take into consideration that Rayquaza-EX will be featured on a tin in a month so the value has probably peaked and will drop a bit.

I hope that helps! :)

Yes it did thank you very much! I do plan on getting the tin as well but I want the full art for my collection.

I also suggest maybe waiting until after this season of Pokemon, or until it's not as "good" anymore. It's very new, so the price is going to be higher, so let the hype die down just a little bit. That's also an idea.

I have aroun 250 bucks to spend and I really want a case of fb/cf because I love the cards but Id like to see what you think I should buy. I play competative , but I would like to start collecting too.

Your Master said:
I have aroun 250 bucks to spend and I really want a case of fb/cf because I love the cards but Id like to see what you think I should buy. I play competative , but I would like to start collecting too.

IMO, if you play competitively and make good investments, you should be able to start collecting without spending a lot of money. Unless you're gonna start hardcore collecting, $250 seems like a bit much on a case of those.

Is $25(AU) good for a Darkrai EX? I would like to know, and prices are a bit jumpy on eBay

@mudkip it is mostly bday money as I am currently trying to find a job should I just save it

The last time I was on Pokebeach Forums was August 2011. I am trying to get back into TCG after selling all my cards a couple of years ago (I believe it was right before the platinum series came out). Anyways I am at Ohio State and they have a pokemon club, long story short I recently spent like $40-50 on cards. 5 booster packs from the Dragons Exalted set, a starter deck (the Accelgor one just for energies and some trainers and a playable (barely, the starter decks are never good...) deck that I can re-learn the rules for. But I have quite a bit of money (like $250-300) from the summer saved up and I want to know the best sets (I will have to review the meta) to get boxes from. I literally have like 100 cards and need to get back in the game. A prerelease will do me some good, but your help, and your patience on my rambling is greatly appreciated! Thanks, and I am glad to be back on this amazing site!

The most recent set, Dragons Exalted, has a bunch of good cards, and Dark Explorers and Next Destinies certainly aren't bad either. If I were in your shoes, I'd buy one box of Dragons Exalted and then save the rest of the money to purchase singles and staples and to save in reserve for the next set.

IMO your best bet would be buying singles. With booster boxes you don't get all of the cards you need, so it'd be cheaper (and easier) to buy everything you need at once.

If you need staples, a good set to start with would be Dark Explorers. A booster box can probably get you a full playset of Professor Juniper, N, Cheren, and Rare Candy.

Okay so what I gathered from your three responses are staples (hence the word staples) are obviously a must and most are found in dark explorers. So, with that being said, is there a thread with like the current meta, staples, etc? If not could someone provide a list of trainers? Back when I played it was roseanne's research, rare candy, bebe's search, etc. And engines too (claydol, uxie). That way I can compare singles prices. I feel I should get a booster box and staples, that sounded good, so I can have pokemon and trainer/engine staples. Thanks for the help!

Some common staples are:
Bianca
Cheren
Juniper
N
Pokemon Catcher (mostly this)
Switch (believe it or not)
Level/Heavy/Ultra Ball
Max Potion

Alright great news! That's awesome! Thanks so much for the help Mudkip 711! I just used to <3 the TCG so much and I had to get out of it because I couldn't attend multiple events (2 regionals, 2 state's , etc.) so when I was like 3rd in OH and I needed a ride to another regional tournament, my parents said no. SO long story short I up and quit. But thanks! All this information will help me make a strong comeback!

Rare Candy is also an important one to mention if you feel like running any Stage 2s in your deck, though it's very easy currently to run a deck with just basics. Though it's not quite as versatile as the others since you'd only use it in evolution decks.

My birthday is coming up on the 18th and I need some help to figure out what I'm going to get. I will receive about 180ish and I am not planning on an English booster box.

Pick one:
Dragons Exalted Blisters (High Possibility)
Or should I wait until Dragon Vault comes out and then buy those?

Wait for Dragon Vault. Rayquaza will be worth a bit, and so will the trainers.

Hey, I think this belongs here, but my brother just told me that Wal*Mart is presently stocked with the special EX tins. THOSE would be what to buy, as those offer 2 cards that had been at least $60 and a third that is still highly desired.

Back