The Unthinkable Crime — Skwovet’s Grand Larceny and the Rise of Kyogre Lost Box

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Date: May 7, 2023.
Defendant: Skwovet (set Scarlet and Violet, number 151).
Offense: Grand larceny (amount: $3500 USD).
Weapon: Nest Stash.
Partner(s) in crime: Arceus VSTAR and Giratina VSTAR.
Victim: Yours truly.
SV01_EN_222.png

Recently, I played Kyogre Lost Box at the Portland Regionals and made Top 4. My run was cut short by an absurd match in the semi-finals, where everything went wrong. This is fine, as the game giveth and taketh away when it comes to rng. However, there was one main culprit behind my demise. This little fella got away...

Continue reading...

very interesting read! one question, what's the best-case scenario for kyogre lost box in a given match? what's the general plan when it comes to making kyogre hit as hard as possible? because i see it's been getting well-deserved success, but on paper, kyogre seems very luck-reliant.

very interesting read! one question, what's the best-case scenario for kyogre lost box in a given match? what's the general plan when it comes to making kyogre hit as hard as possible? because i see it's been getting well-deserved success, but on paper, kyogre seems very luck-reliant.
Draw your deck out and then play Energy Recycler.

Discard energy resoursfully, but be careful to not send too many to the lost zone, or discard both lightning energy. Once your deck is at 10 or less cards, scramble a kyogre, and use energy recycler to guerentee a more likabale proportion between energy and other cards, kyogre will have a better chance at dropping energy.

Back