XY The Two Legendary Pokémon

RE: The Two Legendary Pokemon

I think the tree of life connecting all worlds might be a great theme! That means we might get ALL the pokemon catch able in ONE game!!

Love both the legendaries. The bird looks huge and predatory. That Elk/Stag though.....holy mancakes! I got a Forest spirit from Princess Mononoke vibe from it. Totally Majestic. I love both of them. But the Elk/Stag X version gets my money.

If you play X the climatic event will be giving legend x it's head back lol

Actually I hate this, because I really really really like both of them and its gonna be hard to decide which title to get.

Also, do you think there will be a duo or trio related to the two? We aren't really sure what they are even representing but I'm just putting this out there.

frostwind said:
Actually I hate this, because I really really really like both of them and its gonna be hard to decide which title to get.

Also, do you think there will be a duo or trio related to the two? We aren't really sure what they are even representing but I'm just putting this out there.

This is probably nonsense but

what if X is a distant conceptual guardian figure for the musketeers.

If that were the case, Id bet on a new bird trio that shares no type with the original bird trio (along with a hidden fourth ala Keldeo.)

xDD

Grass/Flying
Ground/Flying
Water/Flying
(Rock/Flying)
or something else thats airborne and vaguely resembles Y.

I don't think they are going to be related to other legends but I really liked how Regigigas was connected to a previous generations' legends and even had a fitting story.

I'm also hoping for some underling like legends. Like if the X elk was a guardian of the forest, maybe it has some smaller guardians it is in charge of.

Basically, I just want there to be legends that have a strong role in the legend/plot of the game. Not nearly as much as Sinnoh, more like Hoenn with a few events on the side.

I don't think anyone's mentioned this, but I had a quick thought; what if the elk and bird were literally Pokemon X and Pokemon Y? It's not unheard of in real life (Predator X), and maybe they are unidentified at the start of the game and the player has to catch X/Y so scientists can study it or something?

i noticed some stuff about the pokemon
Y has a collar of white fluff, 2 front toes, and looks like blood... kinda makes me think of the great cancer and the red miles from homestuck
X... well... i didnt really notice anything not previously noticed

I think they look amazing I just simply can't wait for more in game screenshots and Pokemon reveals.

What I'm hoping for is something completely knew, like:

1. A huge evil is coming, and you have to catch X or Y respectively. I also like the idea that they are purify things.
2. They are introducing a new type, like Light type. I could see both Legendaries being Light type.

Freezing Blizzard said:

1. A huge evil is coming, and you have to catch X or Y respectively. I also like the idea that they are purify things.
2. They are introducing a new type, like Light type. I could see both Legendaries being Light type.

Hmm. Not sure about that. The Y pokemon reminds me of a vulture, and let me tell you something, vultures are creepy.

Aquapulse said:
Freezing Blizzard said:

Hmm. Not sure about that. The Y pokemon reminds me of a vulture, and let me tell you something, vultures are creepy.

i agree with you. tbh, Y reminds me of blood or cancer.

and that "Light Type" thing... i hope not Light type... we already have a Dark type, so that would make it.... weird...

maybe a new type based off of genetics? like Gene-type or Bio-type??

What about life and death? Not in the outdoing BW type of way, but just Pokemon associated and representing the two ideas.

The Elk could represent life and the bird symbolizes death.

frostwind said:
What about life and death? Not in the outdoing BW type of way, but just Pokemon associated and representing the two ideas.

Interesting thought. If that come true, I wonder what the third mascot will represent? "In between"?

Aquapulse said:
frostwind said:

Interesting thought. If that come true, I wonder what the third mascot will represent? "In between"?

The word you are searching for is "zombie".

TDL said:
Aquapulse said:

The word you are searching for is "zombie".
Pokemon FPS confirmed

But really, is there anything spiritual between life and death?

There could be some type of inbetween or purgatory like legendary. Not necessarily a zombie.

Also, something I found on tumblr:
X Legendary is land based because the X-coordinate moves left and right or horizontally
Y Legendary is sky based because the Y-coordinate moves up and down or vertically

Going off from this, the Z coordinate is used for 3D graphing and adds an entire other dimension.

I think I finally found a use for algrebra, thanks pokemon.

Aquapulse said:
frostwind said:

If ya ask me, gamefreak will do something different this time.
They've relied on a perfect extra legendary for 3 generations now
Rayquaza
Giratina
Kyurem

I have a feeling they'll throw something new this time, like have 2 more unrelated legends for sequels or something....

if not... Ghost sounds like the way to go LOL.

Mitja said:
Aquapulse said:

If ya ask me, gamefreak will do something different this time.
They've relied on a perfect extra legendary for 3 generations now
Rayquaza
Giratina
Kyurem

I have a feeling they'll throw something new this time, like have 2 more unrelated legends for sequels or something....

if not... Ghost sounds like the way to go LOL.

I thought of something earlier, "Reincarnation". I think that's the one. At least, it's better than ghost or zombie. It's a "safe" word to use in a kiddie game.

New theory:
The X coordinate and Y coordinate intersect at one point called the origin, and both continue forever.

Like that, the Legends were at one point connected (not fused or anything) at some important place, and dependant on each other somehow.
I don't think they will be against one another, just heavily connected somehow.

The Z Legend will also be from the Origin and add another dimension to things, like the z-coordinate does.

Back